US$146
  • Breakfast included
US$173
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Blue Angel Resort(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$118
Amaranto Bed and Breakfast(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$56
Hotel Mary Carmen(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$46
1 824
1 260
1 824
1 260
All reviewssky barpreferred clubpreferred poolswim up roommarket cafepreferred arearoom servicebarefoot grillpreferred roomcoco cafemanatee poolocean viewswim up barpool conciergefoam partysister resortfish
75 - 80 of 4 286 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We decided to use our day in Cozumel as a beach day. Choosing Secrets was a great decision. It opens at 9am and closes at 5pm. A day pass "only" cost $120/person and includes unlimited food, drink and non motorcraft rentals. The service is great and the beach views are spectacular. Love it so much that my wife and I are considering staying during our next vacation. If you have a cruise layover, this is the place to go!!!!

1  Thank Brandon H
SeaczEconcierge, Management area at Secrets Aura Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Dear Brandon H

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words and observations following your recent stay with us at Secrets Aura Cozumel.

I was delighted that you’ve enjoyed all the details we take pride in offering our guests. As are our regular practice, we’ve been happy to share your lovely remarks to our team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests only receive the very best in service.

We look forward to having the pleasure of having you back home in the near future.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We went here with 7 other people. The hotel is dated (maybe 90's) but we stayed in the Preferred Club side and the rooms were newly remodeled and beautiful! We were in Villa 2 and there are only 8 rooms in that section. Room was beautiful and cleaned to perfection everyday. Also provided turn down service each night. Isaac and Vicky were amazing at the swim up bar! If you want nice beach chairs, you need to be at the beach before 9am or they are all taken. Ocean is super rocky so be extremely careful getting in. Our only issue was with the food. I enjoyed it everywhere we went but several in our group did not care for the food. We ate at the Secrets resort and at the Sunscape sister resort which is right next to Secrets. Had an amazing week with amazing family and everyone there were extremely helpful and friendly. I loved when we got there they said "Welcome home"....!

1  Thank CourtneyLaramore

Dear CourtneyLaramore

We would like to thank you for choosing our resort as your host on your recent gateway to our destination. It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are very happy to learn that your stay was a pleasant one and that you were highly satisfied with our service. We have strived to deliver the most memorable experience to our valued guest. We highly appreciate your gracious comments here and have shared it with our team.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion and provide you with the exceptional quality and service that characterizes our brand and resort.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

First of all, the hotel needs to be updated. The rooms are nice, but the décor is old. The room had a 32 inch television on the wall. I don't go on vacation to watch TV, but it's nice to catch up on current events. 32 inches? By the way, it wasn't HD quality. Every time you turn the channel it says "analog". Not even digital? I'm a guy! We like a decent TV to watch. We had to change rooms 3 times. We were out of our room from 9:30 AM until around 3 PM. That was the first time. The second time it was only a few hours. The guy at the desk was rude and seemed annoyed that we were asking to change rooms. I asked him did he know what the layout was of the room that we were going to in the next morning. He told me that he didn't know the layout. I asked him if he had a map of all the rooms. He said, "no". I asked did anybody at the hotel know the layout? Once again he sad, "no". We called the travel agent the booked out trip to explain our displeasure. He admitted that they have a map at the hotel with all of the room layouts. It sounds like the front desk guy was being less than honest. Each of our rooms had a permanent water stain in the shower. Nobody seemed to care about addressing it. The chain door was broken and nobody repaired it. The couple we went with, changed rooms because of the odor. The hotel has the potential to be nice. It just needs a serious update and constant maintenance. The food was very average at most of the restaurants. I actually saw the bartender at the pool fill the orange juice container with half water and half orange juice. Not good! The couple that went with had money stolen out of their room. I know you're saying they should have used the safe. After the initial theft, they utilized the safe. The night before we left, they went to their room after dinner. They noticed that their safe had been compromised. They notified the front desk. Hotel security went to the room and started lying. They gave some excuse about a laptop being left out in the open and some other nonsense. the laptop had been left out all week. Actually, two laptops! They never gave them a satisfactory answer as to why the safe was blinking. Security was supposed to give them some type of resolution prior to their departure the next day. Of course they didn't! The day of the departure, security said that they would e-mail them. E-mail them what? Fix the problem when it happens. Maybe you shouldn't have so many people running in and out of the rooms all day and night. What were they doing in the room while we were at dinner? It wasn't a good experience. Judging from the reviews, it's pretty much hit or miss when you stay at this resort. I would like to thank you in advance for your generic response.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Thad H

Dear Thad H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay in our resort.

We value your detailed suggestions as our guest’s feedback is truly important for us and we will consciously revise all of your remarks.

While we understand the way you felt about the situation experienced during your stay, we do hope that our reply to your feedback restores some semblance of trust on us. Please contact us directly at info.seacz@secretsresorts.com to take care of your next reservation.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We arrived June 17, and stayed 5 nights. We have been to this hotel 4 times. Each time, the hotel has deteriorated some. We keep coming back because of the beach, the staff and the food. The good: the beds are very comfy. The food is wonderful. The Bordeaux restaurant is amazing. Ate there three times. Reyes is a great waiter!!! The Oceana restaurant is good. Karina is a great waitress. The Market Cafe for breakfast because of choices, but the birds are into everything uncovered. This could be fixed simply by covering the fruit with plastic bubble lids. The birds were carrying out watermelon pieces, bread pieces, etc. Carlos at check-in was wonderful!! He has been there for years and years. Great guy! We were in room 1032 on the 2nd floor.Room service about 30 minutes. Great for Mexico! The bad: A few problems with the room. But all repaired. The bathroom return vent was clogged and the first evening our bathroom filled with water. About an inch of water on the floor. It was immediately fixed. The next day the air quit cooling. By end of day it was fixed as well. This room has a great view but no balcony. No problem for us, because we are always in the water. The birds, but that is everywhere in Cozumel! The drinks are very watered down. I am not a big drinker, so one drink ... I am feeling it. Never happened. In the evening, with meals. The sugary colored frozen drinks had nothing in them to my knowledge. If you like to drink, alcohol is not included. Other than that, I was satisfied with the cost vs. resort.

Room Tip: 1032 is big, with a view but no balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lgdtexoma
SeaczEconcierge, Management area at Secrets Aura Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear lgdtexoma,

Thank you for your wonderful review about your stay with us at Sunscape Sabor Cozumel. We were so pleased to read that we reached your expectations! We so appreciated reading all your comments and I will make sure to pass along your kind words to the rest of the team. On behalf of all of us here, thank you for your visit. We are so pleased that we could provide you with many memories of your stay.

Regarding the bird situation we are doing our best to control this but due to the environmental laws we cannot use nets or modify the environment.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future. Please don't hesitate to contact us directly for any further assistance.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are currently here on our honeymoon (6/23-7-1) Check in was fast and easy. But, our room was filthy when we were brought to it. The AC doesn’t really work either. The nightstands are falling off the walls as well. Unfortunately, we tried to have dinner on our ocean view balcony but were attacked by flying ants. The room is also fairly outdated compared to the photos provided by the resort including their website. We booked through an online travel website (Expedia) and I was under the impresssion from the secrets website we would have a bunch of honeymoon perks but haven’t seen one yet. Room service is a bit slow compared to other hotels. Pool area is not as great as other resorts either. I was expecting so much more after reading reviews about this resort but it’s just average which is sad because like I said we’re here on our honeymoon.

1  Thank KatelynMCM

Hello Mrs. KatelynMCM

Thank you for sharing these comments.

As you could see we could solve this incidents since we could be read this and get in touch with you. we are always doing our best for our guests, this is why it is really important for us to be reading your comments.

We hope to see you soon again.