Reviews (2 145)
2 145 results
All reviews murphy bed babieca dive center cruise ship activities director one bedroom suite tower rooms hot tub beach area day pass fish the general manager juan carlos all inclusive plan the wait staff all inclusive package time share timeshare presentation
58 - 63 of 2 145 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

One of our best vacations ever! This resort is fantastic! It is in a perfect location, the food is very good, the rooms are very clean and the staff is super friendly and helpful. We WILL be returning.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank maggieq487
GMELCIDRESORTS3, Gerente at El Cid La Ceiba Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your confidence and to qualify our facilities with the highest rate on this platform.

It is very rewarding to read your kind comments and to know that you had such a great time staying at El Cid La Ceiba Beach.

Our aim has always been to create memorable experiences, and we feel happy to identify by your review that we were able to achieve that goal during your past stay.

We would be delighted to receive you once more and to have the opportunity to serve you again in a near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I traveled to Cozumel to celebrate and early 30th birthday! The hospitality was beyond what I could have asked for. Pedro and all of the bar/restaurant staff were exceptional. The hotel activities were exciting and engageing. Especially the water aerobics with Mili! Everyone at El Cid made our stay the most enjoyable. The food was OUT OF THIS WORLD GOOD! I sure will be back!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the staff at El Cid La Ceiba Beach, I would like to express my gratitude for taking the time in sharing your past experience at our resort with the followers of TripAdvisor.

As far as I can read this past birthday holiday in Cozumel and at our resort has been amazing and accommodating.

It is an honor to have the opportunity to receive your kind compliments about our resort but mainly from the service provided by our staff, your positive comments, as well as your satisfaction, are our most valuable reward and we will make sure to share your kudos with our entire staff.

We look forward to have the privilege to be your hosts in a close future.

Cordially,

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I was very happy with our visit here. I came with my boyfriend and parents. We had a 2 bedroom connecting room. There was a mini kitchen in both halves.

Check In: We checked in in their "Platinum Lounge" since we exchanged through RCI. Easy and free beer so that was nice.

Concierge: Christian called and was very nice. He walked us through what the resort offered then offered us some deals in exchange for a timeshare presentation. We should have said no. We would in the future.

Timeshare presentation: "90 minutes" was 3 hours. Very high pressure sales like others we have attended in Mexico. We had to say no about 4 times after 3 hours. We had our agent Elizabeth and a manger Iveta hard pressuring us. I luckily know a lot about timeshares and Mexico. Everything they tell you is a lie. If you say yes to the presentation say no at the presentation. You are being lied to.

Housekeeping: Daily. Wonderful job by Lucia. She left us towel art each day shown in my pictures. We made sure to tip so she spent extra time on our room. She cleaned all the dishes as well! There were ants on the wall one day and I let her know and they were taken care of right away and not seen again.

Pool: Nice. Hot tub was supposed to be adult only but this wasn't enforced. Beautiful ocean view. Cruise ships do dock nearby almost every day. Alcohol at the pool bar is definitely watered down (I confirmed this with a very watery weak shot of tequila).

Spa: We did a 50 minute full body massage. Very relaxing and you lay outside near the ocean which adds relaxing waves in the background.

Overall: I would stay again. Staff is overall very friendly and rooms were nice (Andrew at front desk was particularly friendly and helpful). Only docking to 4 stars based on timeshare sale and watered down drinks. Thanks El Cid for a great week

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to receive your review hrough TripAdvisor.

We are more than pleased to read in your comments that the service provided by our staff met your expectations, your positive comments in regard to our staff service make us feel proud of them and you can be sure that we will share your kudos with Christian, Lucia, and Andrew.

Thank you also for sharing your feedback with, your comfort it is of utmost importance to us and we will make sure to take the necessary actions to improve the areas of opportunity described in your comments.

At El Cid La Ceiba Beach, it is our priority to provide a great service and become the best option for you and all our distinguished guests.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in a close future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

The staff at El CID is top notch .. From Carla the concierge to Miguel the server; they treat you like royalty and try their hardest to accommodate you even when you know your being a bit of a pest lol.. great clean resort, our rooms and view from the tower was remarkable .. food was good (all inclusive ) .. but the highlight for us was the service... See Miguel and Carla for the best trip of your life Great job guys!!!!!! We’ll be back in a few months

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skoota8205
GMELCIDRESORTS3, Gerente at El Cid La Ceiba Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear guest,

I would like to start by thanking you for your recent stay at our resort and for sharing your positive comments through Tripadvisor.

We are very pleased to read such positive words about our complex and on how you enjoyed your vacation.

Than you very much for your compliments to our staff, we will definitely let Carla and Miguel know all the fantastic things you shared about them, and we are sure they will be very happy to hear your comment.

We can´t wait to welcome you back in a near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for seven nights last week at the El Cid . The first thing I have to mention is the customer service it’s exceptional they really treated us like we were special-but really they are the ones that are special as their kindness and graciousness shines through in every way.
I had a huge one bedroom on the 11th floor of the tower and let me tell you the views from the two balconies beyond spectacular.
The bed was super comfortable however the pillows were a bit too fluffy for me. Furniture was beautifully appointed solid wood with a marble top. The bathroom had brand new towels and super large soaking bathtub.
The only negative where the elevators-A little slow a lot scary and they only hold three people for at the very most depending on your weight.
Several nights we dined at the hotel and the food was truly exceptional especially on the extremely authentic Mexican night that they have on Fridays. It was a simple but beautifully done authentic Mexican show with dinner. Dancers were wonderful and they’re beautiful smiles were the highlight of our evening.
That’s a great hot tub on the property that leads up to a bar outside and it’s just a great place to hang out in the hot tub is super hot unlike many that you will experience at hotels in Mexico. The pool also was a lot of fun and they kept it open till 10 PM to get some extra swim time. My favorite part though I’ve hotel was out in the front in the ocean. Just an amazing array of sea life within the ropes that you will see. Everything from eels to stingrays parrot fish that are very large box fish we even saw a large barracuda out there one day-and others told us that they saw octopus. We loved swimming out in the ocean sometimes even at night near the handrails only not too far though. One night we saw some shooting stars.
For those who like to relax there is a spa with massage therapists outside by little beach as well as a sauna which you really don’t see very much in hotels in Mexico.
To say the least we really enjoyed our stay every single item in this hotel is refurbished to brand new. All the lounge chairs all the tables and umbrellas the entire lobby all refurbished or new.
Now I would not stay in the smaller buildings off to the side. My friend who I traveled with had a room in one of the second floor of the of the smaller building and her room was inundated with very large ants-as well as street noise screaming children and the constant clutter of dishes coming from someplace we still don’t know where. It’s like a whole separate resort-
Anyway getting back to the customer service everyone in the VIP room including Hector and Esther along with everyone there congratulations for doing such a wonderful job considering the circumstances.
We did have 1 very serious problem in our trip, However it was handled in a timely and professional manner and no one was harmed that it could’ve been far worse.
As a rule when you were traveling anywhere check that all your windows are locked at all times and I will leave it at that.
We will definitely be back and stay at this gorgeous place.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Let me start by telling you how grateful we are for your preference, and for taking the time to write such a splendid review and share it with the followers of Tripadvisor.

We feel very honored to have been chosen as your vacation spot, for all of us it is a great pleasure to realize in your review that everything went stupendously well during your stay at our resort and to notice that about all of our services met your expectations.

Thank you also for your feedback, we will make sure to start with the corresponding follow up in order to continue offering you and the rest of our guest the level of service that has distinguished to our resort.

You can be sure that your kudos will be shared with our staff, especially with Esther and Hector, who we bet will be delighted to hear from you.

We look forwarde to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Warm greetings,