“We Love Chankanaab!!”

Chankanaab Beach Adventure Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Chankanaab Adventure Beach Park is the most popular attraction in Cozumel. It is conveniently located just ten minute taxi ride from the cruise ship terminal. It´s a favorite for cruise ship passangers, day trippers, beach lovers. Enjoy the natural beauty of our beach and reef area,amaze yourself with our eco archaeological tour. All facilites included: restrooms, showers, huts, hammocks and beach chairs. Now your ticket includes: Sea Lion Show, Dolphin Presentation, Manatee Exhibition, Crocodile Exhibition and Eco Archaeological Tour. At Chankanaab Park you can also enjoy world class snorkel tour, scuba diving tour, snuba tour, seatrek tour, spa, temazcal, swim with dolphins and manatees tour for an additional cost. All fun in one place !
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This is our 3rd visit to Chankanaab Park in When we first came, we had no children. The 2nd visit we had younger kids, and this visit was with teenagers. Every time we had a wonderful experience. We found a great spot on the beach with shade (palapas) and hit the water! We snorkeled (our own gear, but you can rent) and we’re gone for hours, up and down the shoreline. We saw a lot of sea life, iguanas, and beautiful lush gardens. Our daughter also got the experience of swimming with the dolphins and feeding the manatees. She was in heaven. I do recommend purchasing this package online, through the park, to save money. I’d also suggest purchasing the picture package online (I did not do this and doesn’t about $20 more). They do not allow you to go out on the docks to take pics, like they did in 1999 when we first visited the park. We upgraded our ticket to add the buffet and drinks when we got there and it was totally worth it! We ate 2x and had some adult beverages- they were all yummy!

Write a ReviewReviews (4 610)
All reviews
"an excursion"
in 77 reviews

96 - 100 of 4 610 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I retired and live in Cozumel so I normally do boat dives and shores dives but occasionally I like to go the Chankanaab park to dive because I love the cavern with all the glassy sweepers inside, it is so cool to watch them. I arrived and walked to the far end of the beach to the dive area with my own gear, but they do have rental. There are several shops and I choose San Miguel shop with Eduardo Rodriguez because he is older and more experienced. I paid $21.00 for the tank and $10.00 for the tour guide (they have to escort you). The tank was full and we entered in the water off the stairs, toured around the coral heads and the statues then proceeded across the grassy area to the cavern, cool because no one else was there to stir up silt, it was dark but I had my camera light and it was so cool to watch the glassy sweepers move around along with some other fish. Note there is only a few places to see them most are in the wrecks) so they have them there. We left and went back around the coral heads and then a safety stop. Nice long dive of 76 minutes at 25 feet., 82 degrees. Eduardo also was picking up trash that was dropped by snorkelers and others which means he cares for the environment. He rinsed my gear after too. Very nice man and yes I will be back to dive with him!

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Our experience was so bad, unbelievable.
First off we are supposed to show up 30 min early according to your website.
We did show up 45 min early. As soon as we got there our 1 pm appointment was charged to 1:30. Nobody notified us.
So there is no system to tell you where to wait for them to call you. So we changed got some water from upstairs and came back downstairs to the tiki hut. There we spoke with Barbie at least 10 times and also other staff members trying to figure out what to do and where to go. At 1:40 Barbie walked : zaround with papers talking to people. At 1:50 she called name, not ours so I got mad. Was told by her that we should get in line with other people. Guess we should read her mind.
So we hot in line to get life vests. We're told to go back to the tiki hut. There we waited and were told 5 times by Barbie that we are group 2 then b then 9 then b then 9 then another lady came, older told us we are group 2. Barbie has no organization skills and I think she is the problem is all took so long. Also other people in our group had an appointment for 1:35. So I think you pushed us back because you did not have enough people signed up for our slot time. Really? !
Any way we got in the water around 2 pm one hour late!
The experience in the water was good besides you offered in our royal vip package: Foot Push, Dorsal Tow, Handshake, Hug, Hand target, Kiss, Caresses.
We did not do hug and hand target. We have photos to proof.
So all this experience we had we should be refunded some money
Since we did not do everything we paid for and had to wait an hour. The hour waiting kept from other things we had planned on the island.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We booked the Chankanaab Beach snorkeling and buffet ticket from shore excursioneer. The snorkeling is beyond awesome!! I wasn’t expecting much going right off the beach. But boy was I wrong! We chose to use a guide right there from the snorkel gear stand. It was great! They feed the fish which means the fish literally swarm you. Hundreds of colorful fish. It was breathtaking. The beach was beautiful. The Tequila tastings were delicious and the guide is so knowledgeable and fun. We really enjoyed walking the park and shopping here too. It makes for an awesome day. I’m so glad we chose to come here instead of a ship excursion. Taxis were always waiting and super easy to get to and from port. Now the buffet wasn’t good. By no means! But the park made up for it.

2  Thank Joyce W
See more reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Did the Chankanaab excursion for the Carnival ship Miracle. This involved snorkeling, a walk around some fake ruins and tequila tasting. The snorkeling was interesting considering I had never done it before. I could have used a little more instruction and some practice time. You were given your mask and stuff, told how to put it on and off you went. I ditched the snorkel and enjoyed the view with my mask only. The current can be powerful and if you aren't in some kind of shape you will get tired quickly. My wife only made it about halfway before she had to be pulled to shore. We are mid 50's. The tour of replica Myan ruins was nice and informative. The tequila tasting was outstanding and I learned how bad American tequila is. You were told how it was made and why it taste so good. We sampled many varieties. The beach is very clean and nice. The dolphin petting looked like fun.

1  Thank CoastalBum88