“Won't Do That Again”

Ranked #41 of 446 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: LIVE A WHOLE EXPERIENCE WHILE IN THE ISLAND! Caribbean Cuisine, Burgers, Margaritas, Seaside Deck, Retail Store! #StateOfMind
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The margarita's fell way below any reasonable expectation. EXTREMELY weak. I had two 20oz margaritas at $12 each, on a very hot day and might as well have been drinking tap water. If there was ever any tequila in those drinks it must of evaporated before it got to my table.

Food tasted okay. Rather small portions for the price, even for a tourist bar.

$80 and 1 hour later, I wish I had gone elsewhere.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 540)

183 - 187 of 1 541 reviews

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Our cruise ship docked in Cozumel and my fiancé and I weren’t really feeling like going on any of the tours so we settled on hanging out at Margaritaville.

The sun that greeted us soon disappeared and the sky opened up and let down a deluge. They didn’t dampen the mood in port. The waiters were friendly and served up a great experience.

My attention was drawn to some interesting slices of watermelon being sold by waiters. It was made from jello. I had one slice, then another, then another then another....you get the picture. They were amazing! It was made from tequila infused jello. Tasted phenomenal.
After a couple slices of jello watermelon, I took to the dance floor alone. My fiancé settled for the sideline

The jello watermelon were great and it may sound like we went there just for that - heck - I wouldn’t mind. The atmosphere was great and so was the service. I had no idea of the great experience offered by Jimmy Buffett’s great vision. I’ll be sure to look up Margaritaville when I travel. I have expectations.

Hopefully there’s a girl name Blanca walking around with the delicacies. I hope....

Mera S, Gerente at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Hello rhenae2018!

Thank you very much for your great comments about your last visit. We are very happy to hear that you loved the delicious food, great service and the atmosphere that makes us unique. We hope to see you again very soon and make it an even better memory and of course we will have everything ready when you come back.

Have an excellent day and see you soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Terrible rip off joint. Watered drinks. Bad DJ show, Jimmy should get his name off the place. Not sure I'll even buy a concert ticket after being at this place.

Mera S, Gerente at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear James E,

First of all thank you so much for taking some time to write us a review. All comments from our guests are very important and all of them help us to become always better.
We are deeply sorry about the misses that we had during your visit. Most of our place but your comments has been taken to our Staff and to our Culinary Team, and we really hope to get one more chance from you to make sure you enjoy our place like the first time.

Thank you so much for your review and feedback once again.
Best regards.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We have been to several Margaritaville locations (Orlando, Grand Turk, Las Vegas, Niagara Falls, and Key West) so we knew we could expect good apps and good atmosphere. Now add a guacamole cart and tequila and you've got the recipe for a good time.

Mera S, Gerente at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Hi Aaron G!

Thank you very much for sharing what your experience at Margaritaville was like and giving us thumbs up. We are glad to hear that we had the opportunity to be a part of your vacation. It’s good to see that you enjoyed the thematic, drinks and the service that makes us unique. We will be very happy to see you again!

Have a nice day Aaron G.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Our RCCL cruise was not dampened by the torrential rain, because there was plenty of sunshine inside Margaritaville. The staff was so gracious and the cocktails tall and cool. The restaurant/bar is very clean. The gift shop is a must. We love the new location (on the pier and close to the cruise ship.) We will be back!

Mera S, Gerente at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Hi TerrapinLady!

Thank you very much for sharing what your experience at our place was like and giving us thumbs up. We are glad to hear that we had the opportunity to be a part of your vacation. It’s good to see that you enjoyed the thematic, drinks and the service that makes us unique. We will be very happy to see you again!

Have an excellent day.