“Best diving teacher in Cozumel”

Dive Charro Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Charro started diving in Cozumel in 1968, In those days the diving was undiscovered and each dive was an adventure. He ventured out on his own in 1989 with his first boat the Sinaloa, attracting many of the divers who had been diving with him over the years. His independent dive operation had been known by many names: The Sinaloa, Dive the Mayte, Charro & Sons…but most commonly, simply as “Charro”. Thanks to excellent diving and friendly atmosphere found on his boat, Charro’s business has grown into a successful dive operation. His son, Carlos, grew up as part of the dive community, helping on the boat and in the water as he was growing up. It was “natural” for Carlos to join Charro’s operation and now the two of them work together as boat captain, sailor and dive master. The My Way has now replaced the Sinaloa, but the friendliness and excellent diving remain the same.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went there spontaneously because we only had one day on Cozumel. All other diving shops told us that we wouldn’t be able to go diving that day because it was on short notice but they immediately made sure to get us a spot on the boat within the next 2 hours. His sister drove us to the port where Carlos (owner) was waiting with the boat. He made sure to give us a complete introduction because it was just our second time diving and we both don’t have the PADI diving license yet. He was super nice and explained everything carefully. We then went for a test dive in shallow waters which worked out perfectly so we went on to a beautiful reef that was around 20m deep. We saw turtles, a sea horse, rays and fishes in every color you could possibly dream of. It was like a private session because it was just Carlos, my friend and I.
I can totally recommend him to anyone who is looking for an experienced diving teacher that knows and loves what he’s doing. I would totally come back to him again if I’ll ever be on Cozumel again.
Thanks Carlos !
Drinks and some fresh fruits were also provided which was a nice touch considering that one is quite hungry after two back to back diving sessions.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Carlos and his crew were recommended by Edmundo Torres. They picked up on at hotel dock. We went fishing for four hours. It was a blast. We hooked up our phone to their Bluetooth speakers and fished between Cozumel and Playa del Carmen. We caught 2 Mahi Mahi and Tuna. The crew was very friendly. We will be back!

Carlos C, Propietario at Dive Charro Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

It was a pleasure to serve you, I hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 17 April 2018

I have dove with lots of different dive companies, in Cozumel and elsewhere, This is my favorite of all, noone else even come close to these guys! The boats are nice and the crew is even nicer. After finding this company I will never dive with another in Cozumel, they spoil us, with their great personalities, food, knowledge and humor, They take you to all the best sites, and they don't make you come up when the first person runs low on air, you get a full dive in every time you dive with them. Carlos is very good about finding and pointing out the smallest things that you would never see if someone didn't show you, I can't say enough good things about these guys, I would definitely recommend them to everyone.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

Have been diviing with Dive Charro Cozumel for the past 5 years, over 700 dives. They always go out of their way to make your dive a unique experience. No time limit. No problem if the dive site is far or not...customer first! Always a great day with great people and nice lunch. Some of their customers have been coming back for over 30 years. That speaks for itself.