“Whale Sharks plus much more”
Review of Mexico Whale Shark

Mexico Whale Shark
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Couldn’t review this tour more highly. Expect an early start and long day but it is definitely worth it. Got picked up from the hotel in Playa Del Carmen on time and was taken to the start point up north. Quick explanation of the day and off we went. Toto was our guide in the boat, and gave clear instructions on what to do. Had 2 dives (2 by 2) and was breathtaking swimming with these gentle giants.

After the dives, they took us to Isla Mujeres for a swim and ceviche delivered in the water. If you are worried about the seaweed situation this is where you will avoid it. Crystal clear blue water.

We finished off with another snorkel on a reef before going back to port.

If you want a once in a lifetime experience with a high quality tour, this is the one!

1  Thank Martin S
"feeling sea sick"
"wet suits"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a fantastic experience, got the amazing opportunity to swim with these beast. Esti our guide

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had an amazing day trip to swim with the whale sharks. Our captain Ernesto and guide Raul were so awesome. We had some very bumpy waters (definitely take dramamine when you arrive to the docks) but it was so worth it. The pick up from our hotel was on time and clean. Everything was well organized and priced well. After an hour and a half boat ride we made it out to where over 80 whale sharks were eating. We had an amazing time swimming with them and even saw a manta. Plenty of time in the water and Raul was a god send in the choppy waters. Ernesto placed us perfectly to have the best viewing opportunities. Lunch at the beach was a relaxing time. We can't say enough great things about this tour. Thanks again Raul for your patience with us in the water. A once in a lifetime experience!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have to say that this was one of the greatest experiences I had in the water. I’ve been scuba diving for many years and never have seen a whale shark before. When we approached them my girlfriend started crying because it was just so beautiful to see these animals in their native environment. If you are in the area around June-August this is a must do activity. The ride to get there is rather long and could be choppy so definitely take sea sickness medicine.

The crew were amazing. Very friendly and likable. Issac and Cindy were top notch and definitely took great care of us. Thanks guys!! In the way back we had a little rest on the beach of Isla Mujeres and they made some of the best ceviche I ever had. The light breakfast and sandwiches after our Whale Shark encounter were also very good.

I highly recommend this experience through Mexico Whale Shark. These guys are very good at what they do and I’ll definitely be back with the whole family to go see the Whale Sharks with them again!

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

(Photos coming soon. Wi-Fi is too weak to upload.)

A Wonderful Experience, But Be Prepared...

Read til the end to ensure you get the best experience possible!

My wife and I are staying in Tulum, so we woke up at about 4:45 AM to be on the road by 5:15 AM. Putting us at the meeting location, Flamingo’s, by 7:30 AM.

We arrive at Flamingo’s and everyone is very welcoming. A light breakfast was available, but we didn’t partake. Instead, we had a couple of granola bars on the way up to Cancun. We wanted to make sure that we weren’t super hungry, but not too full upon departure. Boy was that a good decision (I’ll get to that in a sec).

Upon departure of the meeting location, it was about an hour and a half boat ride to the whale shark zone. A bumpy ride, at that.

When we arrived, it was so surreal. Everywhere you looked, there were whale shark fins sticking up out of the water. The captain said there were about 75-100 out there with us yesterday (06/22/2018). It was absolutely incredible. Also worth mention that there were a few mantas out there with us as well!

We took turns in groups of 2, with each group getting a very fair amount of time with each jump. Raul, one of our guides, made sure we all got the best experience possible with the whale sharks. When I tell you this experience is incredible, I don’t think that does it justice. It was a magical experience.

Once we left the whale shark zone, we traveled about another hour and a half to Isla Mujeres for lunch. We anchored the boat in waist deep, crystal clear waters and got to hang for about an hour. They served some great Ceviche and sandwiches. Also, some great looking salads for the vegans out there.

After that, we traveled about 10 mins back to the dock at the original meeting location.

Now, I don’t want this next part to make this trip seem negative at all. I only mention it to make sure that you have the best experience possible.

Even if you aren’t prone to seasickness, TAKE MEDICINE! Prepare for this and start taking your motion sickness meds a few days in advance because not only is the ride in general quite rough, but once you are out there sitting still and waiting your turn, the seas can be very rough. A few people in our group were very sick. You could also look around on other boats and see many others hanging off the side and chumming the waters. Don’t think you are too tough for meds. Because not taking them could ruin this excellent experience.

Last but not least. I want to give a major shoutout to our guides Raul and our captain (I feel bad that I’m unsure of the captain’s name) Ernesto(?). Without a good captain, it could hurt the experience. Having someone who not only put us in fantastic spots to swim with the sharks, but to control the boat as well as he did in rough seas, that helps so much. Raul is the man. I just can’t even say enough good things about him. He helped every single person every step of the way. Major shout out to those guys. If you take this trip, I really hope you’re lucky enough to end up on their boat.

I hope this help to make someone’s experience that much better!

4  Thank Jeremy S