72 people are viewing this hotel
US$551
Free cancellation until 21/04/25
US$552
Free cancellation until 21/04/25
Reserve now, pay at stay
Destinia.com
10 486
1 804
10 486
1 804
All reviews hidden garden hand massage mb restaurant habanero soup aka bar minute foot massage egos bar sushi station rice art siete restaurant room service colored rice swim up bar ocean front towel hut a garden view room beach bag
Selected filters
143 - 148 of 13 209 reviews
Reviewed 27 February 2021

This was our first time traveling to Cancun, and it definitely won't be our last. Live Aqua was recommended to me from a co-worker, and it was significantly better than I could have imagined.

Grounds:
The resort is clean and wonderfully kept. The pools are the perfect temperature and never overly busy; it was easy to stay spaced while swimming. The ambience captures the true essence of the Caribbean. The restaurants along the grounds all have a unique feel and distinct taste (more on that later).

Staff:
I put this item first, because this is what sets this resort apart. The staff here is so good, that I want to try and mention as many as I can, yet I know I'll forget some names.
Pool - Rossy was amazing at the cabana hut, we've already chatted about our next visit there. Luisa, Marisol, and Andres provided service unmatched at any place I've ever been. Even when they weren't assigned to us on a specific day, they always stopped us just to say hello and ask if we needed anything.

Restaurants - Fernando was hilarious at Varenna during lunch, he even put up with our obnoxiousness. Teresa, in the Aqua Lounge, handled our check-in and had us ready to go within 10 minutes of arrival. Ignacio at the Hidden Garden took the time out of a busy evening to serenade all the tables in our area.

General - Heber and a live saxophonist had a fantastic water workout session one of the mornings, they then took time to chat with us about all things Cancun. I would be remiss to not call out the 5 different, exceptional staff members that provided foot massages, certainly a 20-minute daily highlight.
I wish I would have made notes of each person's name that made our trip what it was. There are certainly others that should be on this list.

Food:
The resort boasts a huge variety of food options including room service, a buffet, Asian, Italian, Seafood, Mexican, pool-side casual, formal dinner, etc. We tried just about everything and honestly liked all of it. A few quick highlights, Habanero soup and almond brownie at MB, traditional nachos and chicken tacos poolside, Pad Thai at Hidden Garden, shrimp tacos at The Sea Corner while you sit outside and stare out at the Caribbean.

Accommodations:
We reserved an Aqua Suite on the Mezzanine level of the hotel. The Mezzanine level is a little low, so for those that want a more panoramic view from their double balcony, I'd recommend a higher floor. We actually loved the lower floor, as we still got a great view of the ocean, but it also put us right above the tops of the ground level palm trees. The room was great with a very comfortable bed and linens. The shampoos and soaps are all top quality, and the evening turn down service, complete with aroma therapy, topped off each day.

We are already looking to return some time next year but staying even longer! We did have to get covid tested before returning the U.S. but the hotel scheduled it for us, and the doctor came onsite and provided a free antigen test with results emailed to us later that same day.... smooth.

Room tip: Higher floors for a more panoramic view
3  Thank buzaggie
Alfredo Santamaría, Director General at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2021

It is a pleasure to know that this experience was very positive and unforgettable for you, highlighted by our great service and food.
I will share with Rossy, Luisa, Marisol, and the rest of the staff involved, all your incredible comments.
Once again thank you again for all your kind comments, we are looking forward to your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangements.

Greetings,

Reviewed 27 February 2021

This was our first visit to Mexico and my husband and I celebrated our 15-year anniversary at Live Aqua Beach Cancun. We are so happy we looked into the raving reviews on Trip Adviser as well as on Google. Our experience overall was amazing. We were welcomed in by Eldio, (hope I spelled his name right), and checked in efficiently by Tania. They provided us information on the property as well as what to do to prepare for our return home. After settling and freshening up, we made our way to the restaurants and were welcomed with live acoustic music (there was live music every night and they played great music at the bar near the lobby. Alexander made amazing cocktails). We decided to try Mb even though we had planned to try the restaurant on the day of our Anniversary. I’m sure I am spelling his name incorrectly, but Rhoibi welcomed us and our dinner was very enjoyable because of him and the geniuses in the kitchen. My husband could not stop talking about the beef tongue, the tuna, the salmon the habanero cream the lobster! We enjoyed all the dishes we tried at Mb.

My husband and I have a passion for food and we were fortunate to have Rhobie introduce us to Chef Jesus, Chef Angel and Chef William. Chef Jesus invited us to enjoy a Mexican experience at Siete to try the beef tongue as it should be served, in tacos. My husband was in taco heaven. It was the most amazing beef tongue tacos we ever had and my husband even begged how it was prepared. We closed out our meal at Siete with a tableside specially prepared dessert, thank you so much Omar! We were so happy to hear back from the staff as they provided us the recipe on how to prepare the beef tongue. Also, big shout out to the staff on the beach, especially Antonio. He was wonderful and remembered us the following days of our stay. He always made sure we were taken cared of if he was not on the beach that day. We highly recommend you try all of the ceviches and tacos at Sea Corner (it was so much fun walking into the place barefoot since it was on the sand and had a great view of the ocean), Thank you David for ordering for us. We also enjoyed our light lunch at Verana, there was this amazing pear salad w/ Champagne Vinaigrette.

We cannot express how much we enjoyed our 15-year anniversary at Live Aqua. From the welcome, to the food to all of the staff who were warm, helpful and kind, housekeeping was wonderful; we cannot imagine staying anywhere else. The facilities were clean, all precautions were taken place, the concierge’s desk made it so easy to set up for the COVID testing as well as providing us the forms to return home. We feel like we are missing someone and other details of our stay and we sincerely apologize. We are looking forward to planning our return to Live Aqua Beach, Cancun.

Michelle de la Cruz and Chantha Roeun

Room tip: Easy access to beach and shopping
2  Thank Michelle C

Dear Michelle, I am delighted to read your kind words about the great service provided by our staff and that we exceeded your expectations this time.
Your comments have been passed along to all our team as such comments motivate us a lot and make us strive to always do better. Also, thank you for mentioning all the sanitary measures that we are implementing in the hotel for our guests. It is really satisfying that you have felt safe and at home.
We do hope to have the privilege to host you once again in the near future,

Reviewed 27 February 2021

Amazing get away with amazing service!!! Live Aqua is set in a perfect location and the staff is beyond amazing. Rossy, Fernando, Karina, Marisol and Roosevelt just to name a few. We love every minute and will be back again!

Date of stay: February 2021
Alfredo Santamaría, Director General at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2021

Please accept my sincere gratitude for taking the time to write about your recent experience at Live Aqua Cancun.
I am confident that your comments will come as great motivation and joy for Rossy, Fernando, Karina, Marisol, and Roosevelt.
Once again thank you so much for your kind words and recommendations for future travelers, we are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Warm Greetings,

Reviewed 27 February 2021

We came stayed in the Aqua Suites, so worth the upcharge. Swam at all the pools ate at all the restraints and could not have had a better trip. From the Pool concierge helping us with pool chairs. To Donnie at the Aqua Club getting me in for a Spa Service. Complimentary Covid test and whole resort is very conscious felt very safe.

Date of stay: February 2021

Dear Carla, thank you so much for all the kind words in your review, it is very heartwarming to read such excellent comments concerning your recent stay with us.
Thank you so much for your kind words and recommendations for future travelers, we are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

My husband and I have been in a few all inclusive resorts around Mexico and we also celebrate our weeding in one of them and when mostly all of them have a wonderful service, nothing compare to Live Aqua. The staff is out of this world, always excellent, from bartenders as the lovely Monica at the beach to Norma at reception in Aqua Club, but the icing on the cake has to be the restaurant MB. Food is on point, we got dinner here a few times during our stay and Chef William always delivered. Outstanding appetizers, meat temperature perfect and delicious deserts. We got Cristhian as our waiter and we can’t be happier with him. He took care of us in every visit and made us feel at home. His love for his work shows in his performance, attentive, pleasant and friendly, making us wanting to come back for more every night we had to decide where to eat. He will be one of the people we will remember when we look back. Definitely very good people at Live Aqua that makes you feel special every time. I highly recommend staying here and getting dinner at MB as much as you can, don’t forget to try the habanero soup, it won’t disappoint.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Belen, I would like to express my gratitude for the time you have taken to share this review and the valuable comments you’ve provided in it. Thank you for the warm words regarding our staff, service, food, and general atmosphere.
Monica, Norma, Chef William, and Christian, will be very happy to read your comments on TripAdvisor.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions.