“Pretty but...”
other travellers have booked this property
Pool and gardens with WIFI Large Living room can be converted into 2 beds
Living room with Full HD led TV with Apple Tv and free Netflix
Bar with wine chiller
Bar view
Champagne chiller
bar view from the kitchen
Bar has 2 zone wine chiller and ice factory
Another Bar view
Dining Room and Kitchen
Dining Room
Kitchen
Kitchen and dining room view
Fully Equipped Kitchen
Washer Drier
Half bathroom in the first floor
double hight ceiling
looking downstairs
Main room with King Size Bed
Main room with king size bed
Main Bathroom
Main bathroom with hot tub
Main bathroom
Orange room with queen size bed
Second room with Queen size bed
Orange room bathroom
Second room bathroom
Playa Las Perlas is just 3 miles away!
Gym on premises
Game room on premises
Game room with pool table
Pool view
Visit Cancun and Stay with us!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Atlanta, Georgia
“NOT CLEAN!!!”
Reviewed 16 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017
people found this review helpful

We arrived at the condo, and no one speaks English. We had to wait a few minutes for someone to come over, who spoke a little English. She then took us up to the room. The toilets were not cleaned, there were little bugs every where, the showers were disgusting too. Also the sheets on the beds were not clean either. Its an old air conditioner in one of the rooms, that smells horrible when you turn it on. We didn't use that one. I told Julio about this, he then told me "he didn't know what my intentions were, and other renters said I would do this and that it was sad." I wasn't going to argue with him. I just took pictures. These are pictures from all three bathrooms.

10 Dec 2017
Sometimes guests ask us for an early arrival just after the previous guest checks out. That is exactly when the condo is the dirtiest, when a guest checks out just like in a normal hotel. I told her she could check in early so she could leave their bags but she obviously saw the previous guest's mess. Probably I shouldn't let any guests in until check in time which is at 3pm (From the checkout time at 11am til 3pm is the time we have to wash or change all linens, towels and clean up).

I'm sure the pictures are real. Some guests leave a big mess when they leave.
Shakalaka...
“Pretty but...”
Reviewed 17 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

The condo itself is very pretty. The colors are bright and cheerful. Four ladies rented the condo for 5 nights.

The two bedrooms upstairs are roomy enough. However, both rooms lacked a dresser or any place to place clothes. Clothes had to stay in the suitcases and the ladies had to dig through their suitcase each day. There is a tiny bit of shelving for placing items, but not nearly as much as is needed. Two ladies slept in the room with the king sized bed. One lady slept in the room with the queen sized bed. Both beds were very comfortable, pillows comfortable and linens very clean.

Each of those bedrooms have an on suite bathroom. Bathrooms were clean and spacious enough. However, the water pressure in both bathrooms for the shower was very poor and often just came out as a trickle. One lady stood through 30 minutes of trickling, trying desperately to wash her body and hair. Not sure that the water pressure issue can be fixed but if it can, it needs to be fixed. The bathtub in the room with the queen sized bed does not work, and there is only the functionality of the shower. Two of the ladies only take baths and so this was a bit inconvenient, and then when you add the bad water pressure, it was not suitable. The bedroom with the king sized bed has only a cloth curtain in the shower, with holes in it. The curtain does not stop the water from flowing out onto the floor, and the floor became covered in water. This created a very slippery shower situation and one of the ladies feel in an attempt to get out of the shower. Thankfully, she was unhurt, but just sore afterwards. That situation needs to be corrected as well, before someone falls and seriously injures themselves. We believe that the owner, while trying to make everything look good, forgot about safety issues and proper functionality.

There is a TV in each of the bedrooms, but only Netflix is available to watch, no other channels or movies or options. So three channels and Netflix only is on them. One TV functioned properly the entire time. The other TV stopped after two nights.

The stairs going up to the second floor is precarious. It is pretty and looks good, but again, safety and functionality is lost. When trying to carry suitcases up the stairs, and then having two sharp, narrow turns in the stairs makes for a potentially danger situation. They are not suitable for children or persons with bad knees, bad hips, etc. They are definitely pretty but not as safe as they should be.

The fourth lady slept on the large "L" shaped couch in the living room. It was extremely comfortable and clean linens and pillows were provided. The TV in the living room did not function the entire time we were there.

The bathroom downstairs is suitable. But when someone is sleeping downstairs, there is absolutely no where to place any clothes. I ended up putting them on the table in the dining room. Not convenient, and I don't really like having my underclothes spread out on the dining room table. There needs to be a place to put the clothing. No closets on the first floor to hang clothing either. All around, it was not really a convenience to sleep downstairs since there is no place for clothing or personal belongings.

All commodes take a considerable amount of time for the tank to refill. Probably due to the low water pressure.

I would suggest that this be listed as sleeping only 4 individuals instead of 6.
A window was left open in the downstairs bathroom and in one of the upstairs bathroom. There were no screens. We asked that they be closed because they were nonfunctioning and rusty and we could not shut them.

I must say that the owner volunteered to come to the condo and fix some of the issues, and even sent a gentleman to assist with that. However, when this condo is rented, and before the renters arrive, all those issues should have already been handled. Having a maintenance man come into the condo while we were on vacation was irritating, especially since there is only one key (and the owner, renters and maintenance man) and everyone has to share it. On the day that we arrived, we had been awake 24-48 hours. I asked the owner to have the maintenance man come the next day after 9:00am because we were all going to sleep. But instead he came at 8:30 pm and woke up the entire household. It was another two hours before I was able to get back to sleep since I was sleeping in the living room. I was very frustrated, angry and disappointed that the man came even though we told the owner we were in bed sleeping. He did come the next day, but again, we had to be there for him to enter the condo. He was very polite, but didn't speak English and so we had to use a phone translator program to assist with explaining what it was that we needed to have fixed. This interrupted our vacation time.

The owner needs to explain by demonstration, how to make the televisions work, both upstairs and downstairs. We had to try to figure them out ourselves. He said he would come and show us, but that should be explained before, when we check in. It is too late to have him come at 10pm when we are dressed for bed and watching television.

The kitchen was clean and suitable. There is not many dishes or glasses. No bowls to speak of. There is only one skillet and it is old and everything really sticks to it. Had to soak it for over 8 hours to get the food to come off the bottom of the pan. The refrigerator is keeps things very cold, but the water dispenser is nonfunctioning and the ice maker does not work. We had asked about purified water and was told that the owner would leave some in the refrigerator. And he told us there was ice trays by which we could make ice. There was no ice trays and the bottle of water was HUGE and under the sink. Due to the weight of the HUGE bottle of water, we were unable to pick it up and fill glasses. There were no pitchers to fill, so the bottle was unused. It really wasn't usable the way that it was. There is a toaster and a blender. We did not use the blender. But the toaster worked very well.

There is a washer/dryer combo. The appliance works as a washer and a dryer. The washing portion of the function was suitable. However, the dryer function was worthless. We dried a tee shirt, a towel and a swimming suit top for 3 hours and it was still just as wet at the end as it was in the beginning. We finally draped everything over the bannister on the staircase in the living room to make them dry.

The air conditioner is very good and you can control it yourself, so you can make the environment the temperature that is comfortable for you. There are also separate units in the bedrooms upstairs which allows each room to be set according to the sleepers' needs.

The floor is white and pretty, however, it had not been cleaned in some time and made everyone's bare feet black with dirt.

The bar is pretty and there are lights that can be controlled as to the color: red, blue, green, orange, yellow purple. And while this is pretty, it doesn't really serve any particular purpose. We would rather have had water pressure, a washer/dryer that functioned properly or televisions that worked properly.

The windows in the livingroom are VERY tall, and span one whole wall, going from floor to past the second floor ceiling. They are pretty and let in a lot of light. And they have electric blinds that you can use to change the light dispensation.

There is wi-fi and that was used when we were in the condo, but of course, once we left the condo, we couldn't use it. But it definitely was used by all of us while we were there.

There is a beautiful, blue tiled pool and a wading pool for the children. There is a long list of do's and don'ts posted at the pool, in Spanish. None of us speak Spanish, so the list was a waste for us. Needless to say, one lady, due to her size, chooses to not wear a bathingsuit. She entered the pool with a pair of swimming pants and a teeshirt. She was kicked out of the pool. She was very upset. The patrol person pointed at the sign as if to say that the rules are posted. I understand that, but we don't live there (many people actually live there) and we do not speak Spanish.

There is a security gate, but once you enter the condo on the first day, if you are using cabs, you will need to go out the lobby entrance. There is a 24 hour, 7 days a week security guards there.

Suggestions:
1. Fix the king-sized bedroom shower so that it has proper water pressure. Install a proper plastic or vinyl shower curtain and ensure that the water from the shower does not splash out of the shower. Place nonstick mats in the shower and on the floor outside of the shower.
2. Fix the queen-sized bedroom shower so that it has proper water pressure. Place nonstick mats in the shower and on the floor outside of the shower.
(a trickle is not enough to rinse soap or shampoo off of your body or head)
3. Both bathrooms need more towels.
4. The downstairs bathroom does not have a shower or a bathtub, but at least one, if not two, towels needs to be provided. I had to borrow a half-wet towel and wash my hair in the kitchen sink.
5. Ensure that all televisions are functioning when the renters check in and place a sheet on the kitchen counter, explaining how to turn them on and which buttons to push.
6. Place a sheet of instruction for the washer/dryer combo on the kitchen counter to assist in using the appliance.
7. Place a sheet of pool rules on the kitchen counter so that everyone is aware of what is allowed and not allowed.
8. Ensure that all instructions are in the language that your renters speak. The owner speaks four languages, so it should not be difficult to put any instructions in English, which is one of the languages he speaks.
9. Please clean the floors immediately before renters arrive. The blackened feet due to dirt on the floor was not appreciated.

Having said all that, I will also emphatically state that we enjoyed our stay at this condo. We might rent it again, if changes are made. I know that the owner has tried to make a comfortable place to rent while in Cancun. The condo is quite pretty and modern. But again I will say that being pretty does not replace functionality and comfortability. We were not at the condo much, because we had activities planned elsewhere. But when we were there, we expected everything to be ready for our arrival and functioning properly.

Julio, the owner is very nice and kind. I asked multiple questions beforehand and we answered most of them. I think Cancun is much more laid back than the USA (Where we are from) and some of the information was not received, probably due to that difference between cultures.

I will add that we used Cancun Cab company. I used the WhatsApp program which I downloaded on my phone, and was able to keep in conversations with Marlene from Cancun Cab. She was extremely helpful, even changed a few of our arrangements by our request. We had cab rides set up (roundtrip) for many of our "adventures" - Catamaran ride to Isla Mujeres, karaoke night, dolphin swim, and more. All of the drivers were courteous, polite, and even watched over us on numerous occasions to ensure that we got where we needed to be (to board the boats, etc.) BEFORE he left the area. I would strongly encourage others to use their services.

Julio did recommend some restaurants to us. All of them were exceptional. However, we wanted a restaurant on the beach where all four of us could eat together and then two of us could sit on the patio and watch the other two in the water. I had allowed four hours to eat and then swim. The restaurant he referred to us was VERY VERY VERY good but it was no where near the beach and we ended up sitting in the restaurant for four hours. Very disappointed with that.

If you want to ask any specific questions about this condo, you may email me at blondeandballsy3@hotmail.com I will answer them (in English) the best I can.

I do recommend this condo. I do suggest, however, that you ensure that all issues have been fixed before hand.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: walking distance to really good restaurants
Liked least: issues with shower water pressure, no bathtub, washer/dryer didn't work,
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
26 Feb 2017
Wow! Thanks for such a detailed feedback!
hudsonlj
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Nice Place”
Reviewed 11 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

The Condo was great it was exactly as pictured. Clean and very affordable for the space you get, everyone in my party had room to stretch out...much better than booking just one suite in a hotel. Keep in mind if you book this place that you will need to book a car rental as well, its is near the beach and shopping areas, but you will need to drive to it.. (approx 15-20mins)
The condo is in a gated community so If you book here get the code from Julio so you can park your car. Only downside is the beach is not in the backyard.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Thank you!
guysgirl
Calgary, Canada
“Beautiful condo for adults/older kids -- not for small kids”
Reviewed 4 April 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

Fabulous condo. Other guests are right in that it is beautiful and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this condo to groups of adults/couples, or families with older children.

I will say that if you are travelling with smaller children or toddlers, I would book elsewhere. There is a child-sized gap in the stair railing at the very top of the stairs, and the bedroom doors are easy to unlock and open -- the combination of these two factors means that a small child can get out of bed at night, open the bedroom door and try to go downstairs, only to fall through the railing gap, through the double-volume space and onto tiles below. Obviously if your children are older and/or sensible, that won't happen -- our 2-year-old is neither of those things, so that made it hard to sleep peacefully at night! Not Julio's fault -- he is a fabulous host and very friendly and welcoming.

The condo is in a complex with a beautiful pool area. Another point is that the non-slip surface around the pool (basically gravel in concrete) was extremely hard on our toddler's knees after an inevitable fall. If you are travelling with little ones, bring large, sturdy band-aids and a first-aid kit, or skip the pool and catch the bus to the beach instead.

Very nicelt situated property. It is steps from Av. Nichupte and we made use of Julio's recommendations when choosing where to dine -- we were not disappointed. It is not close to the beach, but it is close to a bus to the beach, and there are cabs around.

If we were traveling with adults only, we would be back in a flash! Really great space for dinners, drinks, and hanging out after a day at the beach.

Travelling group: Young Children
26 Feb 2017
I agree. Thanks for the feedback!
Glouglous...
“I would like to come back soon”
Reviewed 10 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

Nothing to add, everything was just perfect and Julio was just an amazing host and very helpful.
This condo is very quiet, clean. We feel like at home.
And last but not the least, the swimming pool is also very pleasant.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
20 Mar 2015
Thank you for choosing my condo for your vacations. Please come back soon!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing