Reviews (4 485)
2 825
1 200
2 825
1 200
All reviews casa magna champions sports bar breakfast buffet caribbean suite ocean view hotel zone la isla sedona grill cancun resort swim up bar oceanfront room hotel is beautiful japanese restaurant large pool all inclusive package concierge desk plenty of chairs
92 - 97 of 4 485 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Most important to note is that this is Casamagna Marriott, not to be confused with JW Marriott. Easy to catch the R1 or R2 buses. Our sea & pool view room was comfortably spacious for two of us and we made frequent use of the balcony. Bed, oh! so comfortable.The staff is very friendly and helpful, responding quickly to special requests. The one drawback was not enough hooks or a retracting clothesline to hang wet bathing suits and used towels. Considering this is a resort hotel it is a major oversight. While spouse was in conference most of my time spent on beach or in pool, drinks and food from pool bar very good. Thought prices reasonable. Live music at pool on weekday afternoons. The Argentinian steak house was excellent, and Happy Hour at the Lobby Bar was a good wind down from beach and meeting time. Flamenco music and dance appreciated. Mayan Museum of Cancun is a walk-able distance however to get to shopping centers and night spots a bus or other transportation is most convenient. We thought being removed from the commercialism of the hotel zone a plus. All in all a thoroughly wonderful hotel, selected by association organizers, that I did not want to leave and would happily return.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Autumn_Rover
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We checked into the hotel on a Saturday morning. It took 90 minutes to check in and our room wasn't ready for 4 more hours. Granted we were early but we're also Marriott Lifetime Platinum and typically we get our room earlier than your standard check-in. We had also conveyed to our concierge multiple times that we would be there early along with the request for a fridge which we never received. Again we asked for this fridge at check-in and the same request went to the hotel managers. We know there were fridges as other guests who checked in after us received theirs. There was a huge mishap with the room but eventually we got settled in after lunch at one of the hotel restaurants. The room was nice, an Executive Suite located on the 4th floor. We were concerned as it was right by the elevator but we didn't hear noise at all. Housekeeping was very spotty. Great on the first day but downhill from there onwards. Service at the beach side bar area was fine. We had tons of issues with the smokers who refused to obey hotel policy of being smoke free. The hotel needs to do a far better job of posting signs. We dined at several of the hotel restaurants and all our meals were great. There are so many hotels in the Cancun area that I cannot see us returning to this one.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank BagLadyAtl
MarriottCancun, quality manager at Marriott Cancun Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay a Marriott Cancun Resort.

Receiving a warm welcome during check-in often times sets the tone for a great stay. Unfortunately, it was brought to my attention that we fell short of meeting your expectations at arrival and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

I have shared your feedback with our management team to ensure we prevent this from happening in the future.

I hope we can regain your trust during your next visit.

Sunny Regards,

Daniela Hernandez
Quality Manager.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Nice hotel:
Pizza place was convenient and tasty
Japanese place onsite is expensive, not very good and minimal portions
Jacuzzi was out of service during our stay
Staff friendly and very helpful
You will get hit with the usual "free breakfast" which is a time -share sells pitch
Take the phone off the hook in your room, unless you want it to constantly ring with constant solicitations of tours, free breakfast, car rentals.

Room Tip: The extra charge for ocean view is totally worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Excellent Service all around at Marriott Cancun Resort. Would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone visiting Cancun. If you are looking to get a Massage I HIGHLY recommend to get one on the Beach, especially from Otilia and Carmen. These 2 ladies gave the BEST Massage I've ever experienced in my Life! Very relaxing! Will definitely be coming back to this Hotel

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Imran M
Reviewed 24 June 2018

This is our second year in a row and it just keeps getting better and better. The staff is friendly, very helpful and accommodating. The food is amazing. The spa is unbelievable so definitely find some time to pamper yourself. My masseuse Virginia Hernandez was absolutely amazing I will request her every time now. Most relaxed I’ve felt after a massage in my life! I can honestly say every staff member we have crossed paths with has been friendly, and more then accommodating. Great way to escape from busy life to a little piece of paradise.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple