27 people are viewing this hotel
US$247
Booking.comUS$367
JW MarriottUS$367
ZenHotels.comUS$424
All reviews sedona grill grand ocean caribbean suite beachwalk restaurant renovated rooms are lounge access club level pool area adult pool perfect stay rain shower amazing pool beautiful property cancun resort the ritz mexican buffet poolside service
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 July 2021 via mobile

Wonderful hotel, but they pretend not to see guests circulating without masks through the elevators and corridors constantly.
Comfort comes along with safety rules, and right now, it's been uncomfortable these days here.

Reviewed 22 July 2021 via mobile

I checked in at around 5:30 pm and by this time the lady that checked me in offered a room “upgrade”.
In which I was very pleased, since I am spending a good amount of days in this hotel and somehow the hotel acknowledged me as a preferred guest.
In the morning I found out that the room the hotel has offered me is the worst room in this hotel, due to a very sound polluting and dusty renovation that started at 9:00 am.
When I chose this hotel through my Bonvoy app, there was no notification of hotel maintenance, much less that I would be in the room next to the entire building that is being renovated.

I went to the front desk around 10:00 am, informed the problem and asked if there would be a solution. The person at the front desk told me there would be a new room available but that there would be a problem: I would have to vacate the room where I was in and wait until the new room was ready. Which would take about 3 hours.
I accepted the offer and went to the lobby while waiting for a new room.
As soon as the room was released and I was able to enter I realized that the room is much smaller than the one I was previously allocated in, and as I am traveling for many days (10 days) I have a lot of luggage. The wardrobe in room 811 is much smaller than the one in my previous room.
I went to the front desk again and asked if this would be my only option. The person who assisted me, informed that he would work on solving my problem and that he would get back to me, which did not happen. I waited until 18:30 and decided to chat with the hotel through the mobile app, where I was informed that “unfortunately” there was no other room available in the hotel…
The question is: if the hotel doesn't have rooms available why did they make me wait so long to inform me of this?
I might as well have been looking for another hotel all day, and now I have no other option but to stay one more night here while I try to find another hotel available that suits my needs.
So far there has been already two days lost between packing and unpacking clothes and waiting for solutions….
Not what I expected from this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Melissa Basto, General Manager at JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2021

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay.
We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced, I have shared your feedback with our management team to ensure we better your experience during your next visit.

Daniela Hernandez
Quality Manager

Reviewed 21 July 2021

Traveled May, 2021. The JW Marriott did not disappoint. It's a beautiful property with a very accommodating staff.

The property has done some renovations since our last visit several years ago.
Our room was very nicely decorated. My only complaint was that our balcony was quite small as we were somewhat in a corner facing the north side of the property. I noticed other balconies were larger. We had an ocean view, however also faced a view of the The Hard Rock Hotel which is quite unsightly as it is in desperate need of a paint job. I would recommend staying in a room on the south side of the property.

The 2 pool areas are great, most especially the infiniti pool. Lots of lounges and umbrellas. The beach is fairly narrow and I did not see many people on the lounges there.

This resort has a wonderful spa with a steam room, sauna, plunge pools and a nice gym area. The attendants at the spa were amazing. I took a steam every day and they were all so sweet offering me a delicious iced tea with honey. A hidden gem is the indoor pool which I'm sure not many knew about as it was usually empty. The pool is huge with soaring ceilings and a wall of windows looking out to the lagoon. There are lounges all around the pool and a large jacuzzi.....so relaxing. So nice being able to spend the day there when we had some rain.

We took advantage of the Club Level plan and so glad we did! The 14th floor room that houses the Club Level has been totally renovated since out last trip. It's beautiful with several large windows looking out to the ocean. The entire staff was INCREDIBLE...so welcoming and they all went above and beyond. We so enjoyed spending every evening there having a cocktail or wine and either munching on appetizers or partaking in an entire dinner. Every night the chef came up with a different theme. And they catered to my vegetarian needs without me even asking. Wish I could remember all your names - but a BIG thank you!

The resort provides free covid testing. It took a just a few minutes....effortless. They emailed our results in 20 minutes.

Looking for a great post-covid getaway? You won't be disappointed.

Date of stay: May 2021
MarriottCancun, Public Relations Manager at JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2021

Dear lovetotravel5563,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently, and for your kind compliments and observations about JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa. I'm so glad you enjoyed the amenities and special touches we provide to our guests to help enhance your experience and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the Club91, and every detail of the Resort.

I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and was well taken care of by our associates.

I look forward to welcoming you back again during your next stay.

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 July 2021

Our family stayed 5 nights and experienced world class service. Our rooms on the 14th floor had Ocean Views that were breathtaking. Club 91 was exceptional and personal all at the same time. Andrea, Francisco, Ludin, Mario and Marco were warm, friendly, and provided an out of this world, different dinning menus daily. To eat with an Oceanview was the icing on the cake. We were fortunate to have Cabanas. William is an excellent host along with the poolside drinks and food from Beachcombers was spot on. The hotel was fresh, clean, and well organized. From check in to check out we had no complaints. Everyone was on board to make our holiday a memorable event. I think we have just found our 2nd home while traveling to Cancun. Great job JW Marriott. We appreciate being able to stay with you and look forward to our next visit.

Date of stay: July 2021
MarriottCancun, Public Relations Manager at JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2021

Dear Carlton L,

Thank you for this wonderful review. It is always a joy to hear about our guests’ incredible experiences. On behalf of JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa associates, we thank you for your kind words.

It was such a pleasure to host you and we are more than happy to know you had a pleasant stay with us.
Thank you for being a valuable guest and we are looking forward to have you again very soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2021 via mobile

We had the BEST time in Cancun! One of the nicest parts was Club 91. Francisco, Andrea, Ludor and especially Bre and Marco! They made the entire trip. The friendliness and attention to detail was amazing! They also remember your name every time! The room was beautiful and updated/modern. The infinity pool was awesome! Drinks and food was on point as well. We will def be back!!! Way to go JW Marriott!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
MarriottCancun, Public Relations Manager at JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2021

Dear 757missys,

While extending you a warm regard, I would like to thank you for sharing your views and comments related to your recent stay at JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa.

It is always a joy to hear about our guests’ incredible experiences. On behalf of associates: Francisco, Andrea, Ludor, Bre & Marco, we thank you for your kind words.

We hope that it won’t be too long before you let us give you again an unforgettable experience.

Best regards,