“Birthday Dinner!”

Peter's Restaurante
Reserve with OpenTable
Peter's Restaurante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1 176 Restaurants in Cancun
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Robalo y sierra
Description: Peter's Restaurant...Where flavors & feeling meet...Peter really likes and wants to Cook and please his guests with a memorable dinner in a cozy setting with personal attention from himself, his wife Claudia and son Eder. Small, cozy restaurant where one feels at home while enjoying an excellent dinner. Interesting menu with a different flair in dishes and preparations, Good Wine list with also options by the glass.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

As always, one of the best meals I have had...Every time we eat at Peter's the whole experience keeps getting better! The only true review I can give is...You need to visit! If you are in Cancun and don't go to Peter's...You didn't really go to Cancun!

1  Thank Rodney P
Write a ReviewReviews (1 155)

13 - 17 of 1 156 reviews

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We were looking for an incredible place to eat in Cancun that was off of our “all-inclusive” resort and came across one restaurant with 100% 5 Star reviews on Yelp! We were so pleased to have tried this place. It was fantastic!

We started with two hot starters…The Shrimp Fettuccine had a delicious red sauce with two beautiful shrimp. Perfect start to the night, as I was so hungry I wanted to try EVERYTHING off of the menu. We followed that up with the Mushroom Raviolis. The light creamy Truffle Sauce was so amazing I ended up eating six pieces of bread dipped in it! Something I rarely do!

For mains we chose three: 1. The Poblano Shrimp Chicken Breast, which was seasoned perfectly and cooked to perfection 2. The Beef Tenderloin with a slice of sautéed Foie Grass served right on top…OMG!!!...To die for!!! So delicious!!! 3. We had to try the Adobe Beef Brisket…it was so tender and delicious. They made me a special three Chile habanero sauce on the side that I had to get seconds of because it was delightfully spicy.

For dessert we had the chocolate and banana stuffed crepes…just the right amount of sweetness! Add a few tequilas and it was a spectacular meal.

This place is very homey and the staff is incredibly attentive. One of the things that stuck out the most is the time the owner spends with each and every table. Peter makes this place extraordinary in every way. We were so impressed we are taking a large group again before we leave. Thank you Peter for making our night so memorable!

1  Thank Byron R
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Myself and my friend went for a meal at Peter's last week and the service we received from start to end was fantastic. It was raining and a lovely waiter met us at the taxi with an umbrella and during our meal all the staff were very friendly and couldn't be more helpful. It was a very nice touch of Peter himself to come out and check how our meal was. Would highly recommend this restaurant!

2  Thank LaylaJayFox
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

After reading some nice reviews before another visit, we made a reservation at this chef-owned restaurant. This is a lovely smaller European-style restaurant, with Peter, the owner, heading up the kitchen, and his wife and, I think, his son, dealing with the bar and the door. We started with a salad, which was lackluster in comparison with the entrees. Entrees are the standout here. I had a delicious Hogfish served with plenty of beautiful steamed veggies and polenta and my husband enjoyed his fall-off-the bone Tamarind-Glazed Spareribs. The dessert, a banana fudge brownie sandwiched with vanilla ice cream was decent but not noteworthy. We thought that the food and service here were wonderful as a whole and Peter and his family are delightful!

1  Thank Susan Z
Reviewed 5 June 2018

This place is the best, hands down. Not even close. Peter comes out personally to ensure the best possible dinner, and delivers amazing meals every time. We do this restaurant every year, and have never had a good meal. We have only had great meals. The flavors are beyond explanation. The staff is very accommodating, and extremely friendly. Do NOT miss this place on your trip, just make sure to make a reservation in advance. They fill up fast

1  Thank JasonK1974