“Mr Steve Byrne ”

Elefanta Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Elefanta Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 1 203 Restaurants in Cancun
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Inspired on the culture, architecture and mainly on the Indian gastronomy, Elefanta restaurant was created. Bringing a bit of the magic and misticism of this place, in fusion with a modern city, the Elefanta Indian Cuisine concept was originated. With the service of our chef, Basant Kumar and other indian borned members of this team, we offer an exotic culinary delight, in a very authentic and special place. The restaurant has two tandoor ovens, typical from India, that brings to your palate the unique and exquisite flavors from our kitchen.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We visited Elephanta Indian Resturant on Wednesday 26th June 2018 for the very 1st time for my wife’s 60th Birthday with 2 of our Best friends.We arrived to a very warm welcome we were shown to our table with stunning views of the lagoon,our waiter Adam appeared and gave us all a tablet menu to order our drinks and meal,after some very good advice about the food from our waiter Adam we duely ordered drinks,beers for the guys Strawberry Mojito’s for the ladies they both said the Mojito’s were beaut.The waiter Adam reappeared soon after with the popadoms and pickles which was all very nice.We placed our orders for the starters and the main meals.The starters soon arrived everyone agreed their starter was really nice and tasty not long after the starter setting was cleared the main meals arrived everything was absolutely fantastic the food was full of authentic flavours,hot and the presentation was very good,the service was top draw and the setting is fantastic after a couple more drinks,I went and asked at the main desk about some flowers I had asked the Resturant to organise for me for my wife’s birthday as a little surprise,apparently they forgot about them.it did take the edge off the night for me and my wife but crap happens the lady at the desk said sorry.anyway the drinks,food service and views are all a bit special and our waiter Adam was brilliant,If you visit the Elephanta I’m sure you will have a great experience it’s just a big shame about my wife flowers many thanks Steve Byrne

Date of visit: June 2018
Asia Gourmet C, General Manager at Elefanta Indian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Hi Steve, we are very glad you enjoyed your experience with us! We do have the flower delivery service to your table but it has to be asked on the morning of the day of your reservation at the latest, otherwise it gets very complicated to find them and we can´t guarantee getting them for you. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We came for a holiday from the UK. Firstly the location is great. The food was really tasty and has a wonderful selection. Also the staff we're very welcoming and polite. The overall experience for me was great. I will definitely be visiting again next time i visit Mexico. I would definitely reccomend a visit to anyone :)

Date of visit: March 2018
Asia Gourmet C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Elefanta Indian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Thomas W

We appreciate your review and we are glad you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope to serve you again!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

This place is great if you want the experience of a nice location! This place sits on the water with great view, actually very romantic. But, the food is ok. It is a bit overpriced. We had friends that recommended this place. I found it to be expensive for a vaction dinner spot. Better to stay on resort and eat or grab some quick mexican food on the street. The mall in wihch this restaurant is located, is also a great place to WINDOW SHOP! As an indian, I have had better.

Date of visit: June 2018
Asia Gourmet C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Elefanta Indian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear toasty00.

Thank you for visiting us and we also appreciate your comments. We value your opinion and we will certainly take your feedback into consideration as we are always looking for ways to improve and provide you with the quality and service you deserve.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I am in Cancun every other month and I do not leave the city without having at least one meal here. This is probably one of my favorite restaurants in the entire world, it's definitely in the top 3. I have never had a bad experience here and have been here for all occasions ranging from a romantic dinner with my wife to dinner and drinks with friends. I was last here the first week of June and came in once for dinner and another time to sit at the bar and have Osman and Guillermo prepare my wife and I some of the best cocktails in Cancun. I live in Las Vegas where we have award winning bartenders so when I say that Osman can make equivalent or better drinks I hope that stands for something. I literally have nothing bad to say about this place so if you are considering it I hope my review has helped. I can't recommend anything specific because EVERYTHING is good. Enjoy!

Dear Ivan C.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Elefanta is located in a nice upscale mall in Hotel Zone. The restaurant is Mexican owned but has three Indian Chefs. There are traditional punjabi dishes and plenty of vegetarian choices. The staff is all local and it was a bit harder to get the dishes customized for individual taste or needs like it normally is if the staff was more familiar with the ingredients. Overall I would recommend it. There are only a handful of Indian restaurants in Cancun, the other being downtown.

Date of visit: May 2018
Asia Gourmet C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Elefanta Indian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Thailand2005.

Thanks for your feedback and comments. It's a pleasure to serve you and hope to see you back soon.