US$268
Reviews (2 273)
2 273 results
1 918
1 918
All reviewsgrand buffetle chateauday clubmoon palacebumper carswellness poolawe spajade restaurantcielito lindocusco restaurantstayed in buildinglos tacosla cantinaperuvian restaurantresort creditfamily pooldiamond pool
416 - 421 of 2 273 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was one of my favorite resorts. I have stayed at Grand Velas, Paradisus, Barcelo Palace, Hacienda Tres Rios, Generations and Rui Palace. The service was great and the activities were awesome. The beach is not great due to seaweed but we knew that going in. I would recommend the Grand at Moon Palace to anyone.
The best part of the resort are the workers. All of the ladies in the playroom (Carla, Gabriela, Acuario, Maria Jose, Blance, Brenda, Michelle, Fernanda, Jackie, Iisce, Laura, Jeniffer, Melissa and Elvira) were great and my kids loved the place.
The room service staff ( Jesus Pich Puc, Amilcar Antonio Castillo Ozul) were great and the service was so fast.
At the grand ocean area, Rogelio and Alessandra were awesome. They provide great service and both were very warm.
I would also like to mention Antonio at Habbi, he was great but I would want to see him belly dance. All workers at the resorts were great and should be tipped accordingly. I look forward to our next trip

Room Tip: End of building 94 are great
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
TheGrand_GM, Gerente at The Grand At Moon Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear tpuchals,

The Grand at Moon Palace makes honor to its name as it is a great resort whic offers wonderful experiences and always going beyond your needs. We are happy and pleased to know the service was nothing but outstanding during the time we had the pleasure of assisting you. I am also honored to read that among the all inclusive resorts you have visted so far we are in one of your favorites.

We are pleased and happy to know we count with such amazing human beings that are always proving the Palace Service which always to pay attention to detail and taking care of your needs, People like our Playroom staff, Room service and wait staff are the true asset of our company.

We look forward on welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is going to be long post because it’s deserving of the comments based on our large group. It started with a call 8 months prior to our trip to look at housing options for our group of 26 (16 adults, 10 minors) over 10 rooms. Juan Carlos helped me look for different ideas and suggested the Grand with the waterpark and its new development. For 5 nights, we had free airport transfer and 1500 resort credit per room. Upon arrival to the resort we were greeted with cold towels, a drink and even snacks that were brought around the lobby. The process for checking in seemed tedious but it was party because of our group size and how we alloated the room configurations. Even though we arrived around 1:30, so rooms were available until 4PM but that’s hardly an issue. I wasn’t sure how to use or manage RC based on the number of activities (spa, golf, Chichen Itza tour, dolphin swim) that we wanted to do. So I worked on dividing the names out of the rooms in order to get the most spa use (20 treatments for 10 adults). I worked with Jorge Alberto Lopez to arrange golf 90 days in advance and everything else 30 days in advance. I’m glad I took care of the spa because they were booked solid even with 60+ treatment rooms.

The Grand is like many resorts in Las Vegas except even more spread out. There’s marble and granite everywhere and it’s all very well maintained. From the lobby to our room in building 94, it was at least a 1/3 mile walk which we did often but it wasn’t so bad. We also took the shuttle which was convenient. The rooms were spacious with the two double beds, double vanities, huge shower, and the bathrooms were very nice with a separate WC. The double whirlpool tub was in the room and a bit awkward but it worked for us. When you arrive, when they say all inclusive, it’s all inclusive including the mini bar, Coke and Pepsi products in the fridge along with beer and a bottle of wine.

Spa-I didn’t do this but the 10 adults that did all thoroughly enjoyed themselves. They thought the 80 minute treatments along with use of the pool/tubs afterwards or prior was well worth it. Using the RC, the total cost was only $37.52.

Golf-There are 3 9-hole course (Dunes, Lake, Jungle) and over the course of 2 days, we ended up playing Lakes-Dunes and Dunes-Jungle. They had 4 days of rain prior to our arrival so parts of the course were still being drained and the bunkers were really wet or had standing water in them. For adults, the cost was $41 and minor was $9.79 (can’t be beat). The courses are challenging and fun and given that it’s on property, all the better. Initially we were going to the Riviera course but didn’t want to bother with the additional van ride. The added bonus staying on property is that it’s still all inclusive. They have drink carts on each course with soda, water, snacks and sandwiches, all free. The staff was tremendous and so very helpful with getting our clubs together and helping us get settled. The only drawback is that you can’t have them take the clubs back to your room after you’re done. However we were lucky because the shuttle driver was nice enough to take us from the course directly back to our building without stopping at the lobby.

Food-WOW, the selections were excellent, plentiful and easily accessed even for our group. We tried the GRAND BUFFET (very good quality and fresh grilled options), LE CHATEAU (very elegant upscale adult dining), LOS TACOS (probably best tacos on property, they’re all good but especially al pastor and fish), LA CANTINA (good option for dinner), TAVOLA (everything was great, try the risotto), HABIBI (try it for lunch, lines are almost nonexistent), JC (the food was good, and we even secured enough seats for the whole group spread out over several tables. We decided to get the tomahawk chop ($24) and 2 lobsters ($23 total)). Just think what you’d pay in the states for a chop that’s 64 ounces, not $25, probably closer to $125, JADE (we didn’t think this was all that good but maybe it’s because we’re Asian and expect differently), LE BOULANGERIE (clearly a favorite for the whole family with the snacks, sandwiches, endless desserts and very friendly staff), CUSCO (good food, I think with our group of 20 they just decided to give us a fixed menu where they essentially brought out everything), CARIBENO (I didn’t stay for dinner but the group thought it was also good), SHAWARMA cart at the waterpark (don’t miss it, nice snack during middle of the day and try it with the hot sauce, tasty). Yes, we tried just about everything and enjoyed it all. It’s hard to please everyone in our group but I think the selection and service of the resort provided so much variety over 5 days that everyone enjoyed it. And on the way to the airport, we stopped by the bakery and got a sandwich for our trip home. The restaurants can be hard to book for larger groups so be creative. We only went to the buffet for breakfast or lunch because we were able to get reservations for dinner. If you can’t get to a place for dinner, try it at lunch. For example JC and Habibi are both open for lunch with the same menu as dinner.

Room Service-Reading reviews, I was skeptical but gave it a try for breakfast and it was excellent. Eggs, potatoes, fruits, bacon sausage (more like a hot dog) juice, coffee and waffles all sent up on time, hot and with a smile. Others in my group ordered dinner room service, snacks and all thought it was quick (about 30 minutes) and tasty.

Drawbacks-There were a few hiccups such as the waterpark not having the larger slides open yet (December they say), the locks not always working (the kids room lock didn’t work the first day and it took 4 trips to the lobby) and eventually they changed the lock. They were nice enough to change the locks and bring us a new set of keys while we ate dinner at Cusco. Sure, some of the food service was slower than what you’d expect in the US but I think it’s just part of slowing down and being on vacation. After a few days, you adjust to their schedule and enjoy being on vacation. The beach is nonexistent at the Grand due to the large amounts of seaweed. It would have been nice to have a nice beach access without going to another part of the resort or Cancun. The biggest drawback was going home.

In summary this is an excellent location for a large party that wants to spread out, try new good food and have superb service.

Here's a list of some of the people and services that were outstanding:

Le chateau -Ignacio, Javier, Daniel
Boulangerie - libertad, Johnathan, keina, Victor, Jazmin, Rebeca
(Stewart), Esmeralda, Teresa and sheyla (kitchen)

Chichen Itza Tour- Elisa
Los tacos-Nadia
Latavola-Benny
Spa- Noemi and Emma
Check out-Elba
Front desk-Veronica, German, Victoria
Bellman-Carlos Amaya issac Martin, Antonio
Security-Ignacio, Effren, Apolinar

Room Tip: Be friendly, tip if you encounter good service even if it's all inclusive.
3  Thank windycityfamily

Dear windycityfamily,

I am thrilled to hear from you and the wonderful stay you had at our hotel. Your kind compliments to our staff and your entire experience are gratefully received. The highest compliment you can give us is that you would return and recommend us to your friends and family. We certainly are grateful for that and hope to welcome you back very soon.

I appreciate your recollection of specific details, interactions and experiences that highlighted your stay. My favorite was the description of our meal offerings. It has so many details and it clearly made an impression on you and that is one of the differences that make an experience exceptional. Thank you for recognizing that. I will be sure to share your review with our team members whom you kindly mention in your review, so they will know their efforts did not go unnoticed. We are quite proud of our team; many of them have a long tenure with our hotel and the company. They take great pride in providing memorable visits for our guests and I am grateful for your accolades.

It´s always a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope to host you again in the near future so you may continue to enjoy our property, our activities and all that the Palace Experience really offers.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

There's so much food to eat, even the restaurants there are free,but you have to reserve. The place is so huge and have to drive around in a gold cart. It's so beautiful the sky the hotel EVERYTHING THERE EVEN THE BATHROOM. I would recommend this to anyone because has everything for all ages to play.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear favbarney123,

Thank you for sharing your fabulous review and for the recommendation. I am glad to hear that you had a memorable experience on your trip at our beautiful resort where everything that you saw around really impressed you. We certainly hope to welcome you back for more WOW lifetime moments and service soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place has it all. From amazing food and restaurants to golf courses and water parks, all in one location. The waiters are ver hospitable and serve you with a smile. I definitely recommend to anyone who is looking for variety and a bit of thrill in life.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear winnie w,

We are certainly happy and pleased to know that everything what you experienced at The Grand exceeded all your expetations. All of us aim to provide an amazing experience and we feel glad that our talented team went beyond your needs. We are proud of having the most amazing staff and commited to make of your stay something unbelievable.

Looking forward on welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Came to The Grand at Moon Palace for a large family vacation, while there we utilized the spa. My family got manicures and pedicures, plus my 2 girls got their hair braided as well. Edurado did an AMAZING job with my daughters nails, along with braiding my other daughters short hair!!! Duran also did an AMAZING job at braiding my daughters longer hair. She is very talented. Thank you so much, we all loved the experience.

Dear Darrick P,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity of hosting you at The Grand and for taking the time to share your AWEsome experience with us.

I am pleased to read that you had an unforgettable experience and that you were totally satisfied with Eduardo who made an amazing job with the braidings and nail. Your recognition has been shared with him and he feel extrmeley happy to have created this for you and your daughters taking care of every detail.

It will be an honor for us to have you back and offer you our sincere hospitality on your next visit.

With pleasure,