Reviews (2 160)
2 160 results
All reviews star hotel isla mujeres small hotel cleaned every day coco bongo fresh towels main pool entertainment team beautiful beach clubs iguanas ivan angel waiters tip hotdogs chichen
25 - 30 of 2 160 reviews
Reviewed 24 June 2018

The hotel is below 3 star. Three start is a generous statement. The reviews about the staff are accurate, they try very hard to be a stand out service team. The lobby is up to date, but that is about it. The pools are outdated and rooms, yes simple and clean but I was still a bit skived out about the the pillows and mattress. Do not stay on the first floor, very noisy since guests have to walk the first floor hallway to get to the stairs.
The hotel is right next to the dock for party boats. If you are ocean side, you will hear them until 2 in the morning. The beach front is small, and close to these docks. You will want to wander next store to the Riu all inclusive if you need better beach.
If you are on a budget, this place will pass, but your bar needs to be low. I was hoping for a smaller, intimate hotel with nice beach. I was really disappointed.

Room Tip: Top floor away from ocean and docks
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank SeeEatDrinkLive
GuestServiceDP, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Dos Playas Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

We apologize for the inconveniences during your stay.
Your feedback is very important for us and we appreciate it. We are following them with our supervisors to give a better service.
Thank you for your recognition our stafff, we will share your comment with them.
We know that there is never a second opportunity to make a good impression, however with goodwill in mind we hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to host you with professional service and quality.
Cordially yours,

Reviewed 12 June 2018

The service is what really made this hotel morethan a 3 star. The rooms were okay, more pillows and a bigger blanket would of been nice. Food was decent, good selection and the Chilakiles were the best i ever had! also the tacos at the cielo lindo restaurant were killer! buffet food could of been kept a bit hotter. The crepes were stellar! Jaime (restaurant manager) was incredibly hospitable. He was so accomodating and positive and upbeat! he was awsome. Apolinar was super nice and made me great drinks at the bar, Miguel (server) was THE sweetest. He made me a pot of fresh coffee everyday and always made sure my cup was full. Totally worth it for the price and i really enjoyed myself!

Room Tip: we faced the gym, not the nicest view but quiet and still beautiful
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank grimardkim
GuestServiceDP, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Dos Playas Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear guest: Thank you very much for sharing your vacation experiences through our Trip Advisor page.
We are glad to hear you were pleased with our services.
We hope that you book with us again soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

I knew reading the reviews that this wasn't going to be a luxurious place.
I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not a picky person. As long as the room is clean I'm good.
The rooms are small, we had 2 twin beds and really small pillows, however It was clean.

Water was nice and hot and the air conditioning was cool (maybe to cool). I had to turn it off at night as it was over my head.

The place is small, it has two restaurants. One only serves tacos at night (the one at the back). The one at the front more of a selection, but not much.

There are 2 small pools at the front and 3 at the back. I believe the back is another resort(its run down) but you still have access.

You are given 2 bottles of water and can refill them for filtered water in the hall. You can also buy more at the onsite store.

The beach was great the first day or so. But by the 3-4 day it was full of seaweed. I'm amazed at how fast it accumulated.

There is a taxi stand, convenience store and some small shops beside the resort. You can also grab the bus for 12 pesos down to the malls, flea markets etc.

Overall, I had a good time. I would not return here. I'd try another place.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank cubatravler

Thank you for taking out time to share the valuable feedback of your stay at our property.
We are delighted to learn that you had a nice stay with us.
It is so inspiring for us to see that our guests have had a beautiful stay which in itself is the biggest recognition for all the efforts we put in. We have shared your wonderful feedback with the whole team.
We would like to see you again! we hope so!

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

The staff was amazing, but the pictures were a much higher quality than the actual room. The rooms are not fantastic they are old, bare, and definitely of 3 star or lower quality. They do not have the fancy red pillow in all the pictures, just two normal pillows and a plywood feeling bed.
The buffers aren’t anything to brag about it’s hot, and there are bugs flying around. It advertises free WiFi, that’s not true there is only WiFi in the lobby and dinning halls.. no wifi in rooms. The beach front is small because it’s taken up by a docking station. There are three room buildings, if you get 1300-1500 youre right next to the road and it’s all you’ll hear, also the balcony light has no switch so it doesn’t go off. So that’s what I know we moved hotels before the night was over.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Me and my husband spent 2 weeks relaxing at this hotel, nice quiet location away from the hustle and bustle of the centre of Cancun there is a bus stop right outside the hotel and is a short bus ride into Cancun. The gardens were kept nice and there were quite a few iguanas, birds and we saw a couple of geckos.

The room was very basic but clean, you get a fridge but only water in it, no kettle, tea, coffee etc which isn’t great if you like a coffee as soon as you get up like my husband. Air conditioning was great and we had a little balcony looking out over the lagoon.

The food was nice on an evening at the main restaurant different themes each evening Italian, Mexican, Chinese etc, so something different each night, there was a Thai restaurant but you had to book and didn’t get to choose what you wanted to eat. The snack bar did burgers, pizzas and hotdogs, all which were ok, burgers were a bit of a funny colour though. Breakfast was not great if you wanted a full English but you could get omelettes made with a choice of toppings, plenty of fresh fruit, yoghurt, waffles. The cocktails were amazing and the bar guys were great especially Luis.

The 2 pools were nice and clean. It made a nice change to have a pool deep enough that I couldn’t stand up in the deep side. The small pool by the snack bar was more of a dipping pool but was nice to get in to cool down. They did play music round the main pool so if you want peace and quiet maybe not for you.

The evening entertainment was good and the Josef who was in charge of entertainment was great.

The beach was nice and clean hardly any seaweed as it was collected early every morning not that big, but you could walk quite a distance towards the ferry port which we never did as was always busier that way. It’s worth getting a ferry to Isla mujeres the beach is the nicest beach I’ve ever seen.

Beautiful country, we can’t wait to go back! Great staff can’t do enough for you. What you’d expect for a 3* as our last holiday was 5* it was the staff that made this hotel for us.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple