“Outstanding choice for touring Oaxaca area”
Review of Luis Ramirez Tours

Luis Ramirez Tours
Ranked #3 of 56 Tours in Oaxaca
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I'm generally wary of Tripadvisor snowball effects but am very glad we followed everyone else's advice here. Our family of four (youngest 16) spent two days with Luis. Similar itineraries to those mentioned in other reviews, except that we added Yagul to one trip and Atzompa to another and left out a couple of crafts sites. Luis is kind, fun to be around, and a careful driver. He had a great deal of interesting information to share and seemed happy to give thoughtful answers to all the questions we had, while readily admitting when he didn't know an answer. I especially appreciated the care he took at the archeological sites to let us know what was original and what was reconstructed. He paid attention when we described our preferences and interests and tailored the trips accordingly. He let us set the pace at every site, always ready to move on when we were but never rushing us. His English is quite good, and he was more than patient with our efforts in Spanish. Finally, his fee was very reasonable: 400 pesos [about $20 U.S. at the moment] per hour. We couldn't have asked for a better guide than Luis and would hire him again without a second thought.

Luis R, Propietario at Luis Ramirez Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Email Luis to: toursinoax@gmail.com
Thanks for your kind words, that's really nice of you. I really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. I look forward to working with you again in the future!

All reviews
"careful driver"
in 4 reviews
"outstanding guide"
in 4 reviews
"his english is very good"
"private tour"
"surrounding villages"
in 5 reviews
"without reservation"

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

While visiting Oaxaca we spent two days with Luis. The first day we went to Mitla, a Zapotec pre-Hispanic ruin and visited a wonderful family owned business where we learned about how Zapotec rugs are made using natural dyes and the second day we visited Monte Alban, another amazing pre-Hispanic site and then a family business making amazing carved wooden animals. Luis planned both days, explained the history of the ruins and took us to lovely restaurants for lunch along the way. He was prompt, professional, knowledgeable and friendly. A worthy guide!

Luis R, Propietario at Luis Ramirez Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you for such great review! I work really hard to offer the best...hope you travel to Oaxaca soon. Email Luis to: toursinoax@gmail.com

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Why risk touring with anyone else? My daughters and I had such an amazing time with Luis that we spent two days visiting our favorite markets, sites, and experiences with him. Not only is his driving super safe and careful, but his car is clean and well kept, he is extremely punctual, his english is excellent and he is incredibly knowledgeable about the area in and around Oaxaca. We had a lot of fun and would definitely recommend him to anyone interested!

Thank you so much! I am so pleased that you enjoyed the tours, I hope you travel to Oaxaca again soon and be sure to let me know when you are coming...email Luis to: toursinoax@gmail.com

Reviewed 6 June 2018

My wife and I spent a few days in Oaxaca for vacation and found Luis on TripAdvisor and was also recommended by a friend, who toured Oaxaca with Luis, about a year ago.

Luis is super knowledgeable about the history, geography, culture, and other interesting facts about the places we visited. His English is superb and he is flexible with adjusting the tour schedule to whatever works best for you.

He picked us up promptly at the place we were staying in and on the tour it was just my wife and I, so was very personal and asked many questions that Luis answered. We had originally booked one tour with Luis while we were in Oaxaca and since there were other places we wanted to visit, such as Monte Alban, Luis was kind enough to give us a tour of Monte Alban the next day.

I would definitely recommend Luis and would go with him again next time we visit Oaxaca!

Cheers!

Luis R, Owner at Luis Ramirez Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Email Luis to: toursinoax@gmail.com My phone number &/or text number is +52 (1)951-118-45-34 I really enjoyed showing you off-the-beaten-path sites in and around Oaxaca over the years. Hope to see you again!

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 June 2018

We had a great day seeing some of the highlights of Oaxaca with Luis. He was incredibly flexible with our schedules and customizing our trip to our preferences. He knew a ton about mezcal, the sites we visited and generally about Mexican history and history of the region and was able to explain everything in perfect English. When we visited sites where there was options to buy items (textiles, mezcal bottles), he didn't pressure us in the slightest to buy anything like I've experienced with tour guides in the past. If you want a relaxed, informative and fun tour guide for your visit to Oaxaca, you can't go wrong with Luis!

Thanks for your kind words. My wish was that you have a fabulous experience in Oaxaca with my help. I will be able to keep in touch with you via e-mail toursinoax@gmail.com or cell phone in Mexico my cell # is +52 (1) 951 118 45 34