“Good food and friendly service”
Review of zandunga

zandunga
Ranked #12 of 565 Restaurants in Oaxaca
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: I ate at many of the restaurants listed in trip advisor over an 8 day period in Oaxaca. Decided to try this place because it was always crowded with the mixture of Mexican and non Mexican tourists. The food was from the isthmus of Mexico. Authenic but different than the usual Oaxacan cuisine which became repetitious after a while. The food was different, with a lot of " I wonder how they make this sauce, dip, drink?" It was not fusion gitzy food that a lot of the higher rated restaurants on your trip advisor restaurant list present to the tourists.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Zandunga offers good food in a confortable, friendly atmosphere. Service was excellent. Staff was attentive, and offered good recommendations. Had a great introduction to the complexities of mescal, the local liqour made from the agave plant.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Everything was excellent. Our waiter spoke English and was very helpful. I had the best margarita ever (corona) I was told also had the pollo zandunga which was so much I gave my daughter the rest. The service was good. They were extremely busy but the wait was less then 15 minutes. Worth the wait. Would go back again

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

After touring Monte Alban we were famished when we went int Zandunga for lunch. It started well, with the appetizer. But the first sign of trouble was when I got my beer, but another at our 4 top did not. Then 3 out of our 4 got our meals about the same time, but the fourth, who was lapsing into hypoglycemia by then, never got her meal, even by the time the rest of us were asking for the bill. The hostess seemed most intent on primping, and when we complained to the waitress about the missing plate,she merely shrugged. Go next door to Biznaga, where every thing was delicious and well served.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Saturday night our rooftop reservation at another restaurant was wiped out due to the threat of rain so we wandered looking for another place. We only had a 20 minute wait and could sit at the bar while waiting.
Dinner was lovely although it was a tad warm seated at the back near the kitchen.
Service was excellent, portions were generous and all 4 of us were happy with our meals, so we would recommend it.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Very cool little spot, easy to stroll into. This street is full of great places to eat and we went to Zandunga because La Popular was full. Great place more on the pricey side but give yourself the pleasure when you're on vacation, right? Me gusto mucho, c'etait charmant!!!! I'ls ont des plats qui peoviennent de la region de L'Isthmus qui à beaucoup d'influence francophone. Un peu chèr mais cela vaut la peine!!