“Best Mexican food in Puerto Vallarta”
Review of Red Cabbage Cafe

Red Cabbage Cafe
Ranked #46 of 1 182 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2018

Red Cabbage is a bit out of the way, but worth the effort to find. Delicious food, very attentive and friendly service. Cuco, the manager, is the perfect host. He takes pride in every dish and can answer any question you might have. The mole and the pork en salsa verde both were amazing. As were the prices. If you are in PV, check it out.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

My parents and I wandered through Puerto Vallarta on foot through the afternoon and finally decided to amble towards food we could not seem to find anyone who knew where the Red Cabbage was. We did a Rock, Paper Scissors to see if we would walk that far when we finally found someone who knew where it was. It was worth the hangry walk. We all tried something different and each of the stuffed pepper dishes were perfect The spinach salad was a perfect appetizer to share. Enriching the mood was one of the most dangerous margaritas I've ever had...and I've had many. Would definitely go again. And again. And again.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I have reviewed this, out of the restaurant , many times over the years . Happy to report it is still my favorite. It is not a typical nachos, tacos, chips place to go. However, I would not miss it for the world. It’s nice that some things never change. The quality, friendliness, hospitality, and especially the young boy who sits directly outside to open the door for you....makes you feel warm and appreciated as a patron.....

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We have been coming to PV for 6 years and never heard of this wonderful hidden spot. What can I say but everything our party of 8 had was fabulous. It was so good that we came back a second time a couple of weeks later. Again, this time there were only 4 of us and we again each picked something we had not had before. Everything was every bit as wonderful as the first time. The owner came around to all the tables and was so very gracious. What else can we say but you have to try it.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

A very interesting artistic decor that adds to the experience . Take your time read the menu and jump right in as there will be stuff you probably not seen before . The spinach salad was incredibly tasty with a most unusual presentation , the black bean soup was simple and tasty . We ate two separate main courses one was a shreded Pork Myan recipe with hot peppers on the side that might make you cry the other called Chiles De Picadillo which for my wife was her best course in our 7 week stay in PV .
Great service slightly out of the main area but worth the minor effort to get there .