“Beautiful Condo”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

VacationN...
Sacramento, California
“Beautiful Condo”
Reviewed 9 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

My Mother and I just spent a week at this condo. It has a beautiful view of the ocean. I love the fact that you can open the sliding doors in the living room and enjoy the full view of the ocean and the wonderful breeze. It's in walking distance to many great restaurants and we found a little mom and pop store just two blocks from the condo. The homemade salsa and guacamole and chips were our go to snack each day. Denis and Suzanne were the best people to work with. We also both had massages at the condo by Jaasiel. He was excellent and came to our condo. The price was exceptional, make the reservation through Suzanne. It has a washer and dryer. We already booked for March, and can't wait.

Liked best: The ocean view
Liked least: Little bit of contruction going on next door. Not the fault of the condo we rented
Travelling group: Extended Family
Management Response
9 Nov 2015
Dear Carol... I was very happy to host you and you're Mom . Thank you for taking such good care of my place .
Looking forward to do this again .
PhatAir4M...
Bend, Oregon
“Phenomenal Roost Overlooking the Beach with Walking Access to All. Don't Hesitate!”
Reviewed 8 April 2015 for a stay in November 2014
people found this review helpful

This was our fifth trip to PV and without a doubt the best in regards to accommodations!

We found this place while perusing Trip Advisor, our inquiry was quickly answered even though the owner was on vacation themselves in Rome. The reservation process was usual Trip Advisor easy what set this experience apart from others we have had was the interaction with the owner. “D” was quick to acknowledge our reservation and promised to follow up with further information a couple of weeks prior to arrival. True to his word we would receive three emails, A) Directions to the Condo/check in procedures. B) Key facts about the Condo and facility itself, WiFi passwords etc.. C) A “my favorite things” email listing some wonderful dining options a couple of which we had enjoyed before a couple we enjoyed on our visit as well as key intel on the immediate area around the condo.
The Owner was most accommodating even taking the time to email us to ensure we were aware that we had two cleanings coming to us and the managers had not yet heard from us about three days into our stay. In my reply I sheepishly admitted that I had locked myself out of the safe in our room and was pleasantly surprised to have a manager show up within the hour to open our safe and introduce our house keeper. I think my tip of a few pounds of caught the day before Dorado (Mahi Mahi) was well received! Post our trip we also received an email inquiring if the place met our approval and soliciting suggestions for improvement, truly an owner that cares.

Our arrival was later than anticipated due to a series of three delayed flights and we actually did not hit the condo until about 9:00pm, the managers of the property next door administer check in and cleaning for the property and upon our arrival we inadvertently parked at the back of the property. A little confused we rang the bell at the gate and pretty soon along came a sleepy eyed security guard whom given the late hour was tasked at checking us in. After checking our ID and handing us an envelope containing the keys and some flyers on the area he bid us Buenos Noches to which I replied “umm where is the condo” he most graciously left his post and realizing we had parked on the back side walked us back out that way and escorted us to the property, not only that but he insisted on taking us to the roof to show us the pool, back down to locate the fitness center and then walked us to our room and ensured our key unlocked the door. There was a slight language barrier but he managed to convey to us that we had dedicated off street parking in front of the building and showed us the proper entry, nice guy!

This complex is small containing I believe 21 units, the architecture is Contemporary Modern Chic and by Mexican standards the construction, fit and finish is A++. The fitness center is well appointed but the true jewel of the complex is the roof top pool area, there is a common BBQ, a small gas cooktop with sink and nice dining table with some adjoining couch’s, a full compliment of Chaise lounges and even two queen size cabanas rounded it out. We spent a considerable amount of time on the roof and only twice did we see other people, one time it was four folks and the other a single sunbather. Our only disappointment was it appeared as though the TV, and Stereo with Ipod docking had been absconded with leaving some cabling hanging out of the wall from whence it came. We quickly rectified this with a small Bluetooth portable speaker I had brought on our trip coupled with my phone, we had no interest in rooftop TV with the magnificent view of the bay at hand. This is when I decided our new abode for the week was to be called “the Roost” as it’s proximity on the hill overlooking the Bay gave it an elevated feel while still being close enough for an easy walk to everything. Our stay was a combination of evening walks into the romantic zone and as we had rented a car for the week, day trips to surrounding areas.

Within 5-10 minutes of the Condo (this is the time to use the back entrance) you will find dining options, local markets and some cool additions like a lady whom juices fresh juice out a compact store front and a small market within arm’s reach of that making fresh salsas and guacamole you can grab to go. For an intimate meal in a small Tapas style bar you MUST try 116 Pulpito Gastro Bar, phenomenal flavors and service with great drinks as well. Our server there also turned us onto to the Farmers Market not to be confused with the Saturday Farmers Market in the park (also wonderful) but up the road about eight blocks from there heading inland on Lazaro Cardenas, you will pass a LARGE Guadalajara Super Farmacia, about four blocks past that on the right is a full city block of produce, meats, fish, sundries, spices, as well as an inner courtyard with four or five small “restaurants” with a common dining area of picnic tables. We had the BEST breakfast of our 10 day stay here at 1/3 of the price of elsewhere, I tipped almost 100%, it was so inexpensive I felt like we were stealing! The produce here is amazing fresh, no more picking thru wilted produce at the Mega or Soriana! OK but I digress this is a review of our accommodations is it not?

From the moment we walked through the door of the condo we knew we were “home”, upon entering you can go right and enter the spacious master suite with King Sized bed, large closet and a small patio to the anterior of the complex through a slider. The master bath is plush with a large step in shower, big sink and ample surfaces for your “stuff” we were amused by what we came to call the aquarium or potty under glass which was essentially a glass encased lavatory in the bath room, ha ha. Back into the hall leading to the living areas you will find some unique artwork that will leave you trying to get into the artists head. Entering the living areas you will find dining for four on the right with kitchen on the left, granite, stainless, top notch appliances and a well-appointed kitchen with all the accoutrements one could ever need finish out this zone. There were even some staple spices, lot’s of Tupperware for left overs and some plastic ware for roof top margarita rendezvous. Now get ready to drop jaw as you enter the cozy living area with large flat screen a whimsical yet classy patchwork cowhide carpet, ample seating for four or five but your jaw drops not at the owners tasteful eye at decorating, no it’s the view! Nestled up on the hill you have a view of the full expanse of the bay, Los Arcos on your left, Punta Di Mita on your right and everything in between. This is truly the Coupe de Grace, the Money Shot, the Cherry on Top, the BOOM as I like to put it, and there will be no obstruction between you and this phenomenal sunset canvas as literally a floor to ceiling wall of glass slides back so as to ensure your partaking will be an intimate one! Tastefully well placed planters to shield you from the only neighbors in sight on the left and ergonomic teak chairs finish out this comfort zone of the highest degree, whether you are sipping your morning coffee, enjoying a cold barley over a fish taco during the heat of the day or savoring a fine wine at sunset this is the place to be. Oh and while we are on the heat of the day thing… a friend of mine also owns a home in PV and when learning where we were located immediately raised flags of concern that we “were on the hill backed up to the jungle and the bugs would have us up against the wall, better take a lot of repellent” well his concerns were baseless even self admittedly after enjoying an evening with us and our wall of glass wide open well into the evening. The constant thermals coming off the bay provide an endless source of fresh breeze and honestly I never saw mosquito one! Which will lead me to my second point (can I really call it a second point in this endless diatribe?) In the owners “about my house” there was the usual we try to keep rates low so don’t run the AC 24-7 blah, blah, blah well in reality we found this place actually really lent well to his pleading. Upon rising in the morning the wall O glass would open wide and if you go back into the master and open the slider onto the patio you get a most refreshing breeze through the entire space that I found preferable to AC. When you leave for the day, shut the solar screen on the wall O glass and upon your return I found if you run the AC for about an hour you can take the edge off and then go back to “Breeze Mode”.

All in all I would have to say it is an 11 on a scale of 1-10 and would highly recommend it!

Sorry all pics we took of the condo are on my home computer...except for the roof top one.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Postioning just out of the
Liked least: No rooftop stereo
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 17 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
UK
Reviewed 14 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

• Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing