Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Terrible
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Terrible - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

rhondadee
Springfield, Missouri
“Temporary Neighbors Apparently Not Valued Neighbors”
Reviewed 15 July 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

I stayed in this rental property #319 during the months of February and March. I rented the property through The Property Girl Rentals in Puerto Vallarta. When I inquired about the property, I was told the owners would discount the rent for a two month stay from $2500 a month to $2000 per month. The condo was lovely and exactly what I needed to allow for a few week long visits by friends and family. Only days after I arrived, my peaceful morning was interrupted by sawing, hammering, banging, and drilling right above the roof above my head. I immediately went to administrator office to inquire and was told that the owners beside me in unit 318 had decided they want to install solar panels and the work would last for several days. I was given no notice or informed by anyone this type of work was scheduled to go on during my stay during high season. Approximately two weeks later, I received a note in my door that the owner beside me in unit 320 had decided he wanted to tear out a wall in his condo and put in a window. For days, I listened to saws, hammers, drilling, and the non stop of workman as they went to and from the construction zone outside my door. Once again, no information that this was scheduled to happen during high season. Shortly after this situation, during the visit of my pregnant daughter and toddler aged granddaughter, we awoke to loud banging and the sound of scraping above our heads. As the noise was directly above our heads and very loud, my granddaughter began to cry, and I once again went to administrators office to inquire about this issue. She informed me that the roofs were being removed and replaced and the work would last for many days. One can only imagine how upsetting and frustrating this situation was when trying to put a toddler down for a nap and allow for a pregnant daughter to rest with the sounds of hammering, sawing, and worker conversations above their heads. Once again, all of this happening during high season and high season rates. Following the removal of the roof, an unexpected rain storm came through the area and numerous leaks occurred in the condo, I put buckets and bowls on the floor to catch the leaks and even covered an area on the couch with trash bags to keep it from being damaged. I was the one who allowed the administration in the condo to access the damage and allowed a repairmen in to do an estimate for repairs. I spoke to the property manager, Debbie Baker, numerous times regarding these issues and even received a copied email from the owners suggesting they would like to make some type of compensation to me due to all these issues. I left the condo on April 1st, 2015 and have received not one penny of compensation from the owners. I do lots of traveling and have rented many vacation properties. Never in all my travels have I felt so disregarded as a temporary neighbor. Apparently, the dollars and stimulation to the economy coming into the area from temporary neighbors like myself are not valued. I would never rent in the Green Bay Condos located on the El Tigre Golf Course in Paradise Village again. If you do, make sure there is a reimbursement clause in your contract for compensation for maintence and alterations made during your stay. If these construction projects were due to an emergency repair, one can understand the disruption and inconvenience to ones vacation. If the owners knew these projects were scheduled during my stay shame on them for not disclosing that information. If the property manager knew these projects were scheduled during my stay shame on her for not disclosing. Whatever the situation, it was a disappointing and very expensive lesson for me. My daughter paid more than $800 to fly from Canada and bring my granddaughter for a visit. They couldn't even rest or enjoy a meal in the condo for more than half their visit. Enough said....spend your monies somewhere else.

Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
23 Jul 2015
Hi Diane/Rhonda
Yes you did stay in the Villa Tropical at amazing discounted rate for 2 months in high season.. and NO I nor the owners knew of any work that was taking place and we were both very upset with Green Bay administration for not notifying us.. I had emailed them many times on this matter for you when you advised me.

Your accusation that I might have known about this work is quite disturbing as I would never put anyone into a property knowing neighbors or would be doing construction.. I run a very honest business and I am sure you know this.. I think fine tuning your Review is in order.

You enjoyed the condo, the pool, the grounds, Paradise Village amenities & the proximity of the beaches, *these are all comments in emails we shared during your stay*
Rating the condo so poorly because of construction is not what the flipkey is for there is nothing wrong with the condo or the rental agent or manager of the condo!
Debbie Baker owner of The Property Girl Rentals & Management

Travellers are raving about these Puerto Vallarta hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing