All reviews marina area grand suite westin hotel time share juan manuel villa vera bedroom unit hot tub on the balcony stove top through rci short walk to the marina timeshare owners pool bar bell staff activities staff concierge desk pirate ship
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

We visited the club Regina for our honeymoon at the beginning of September. The hotel itself isn’t exactly what you would call a fancy resort, but it was mostly clean and sufficient for our visit. If you are expecting a five-star fancy resort, this is not the place for you. While it seemed a little old, and maybe parts of it are in need of repair, we were so happy to be on our honeymoon (and we didn’t have to share the pool/beach/ restaurant area with lots of other people) that we didn’t mind. It was also a little rainy in September, but really only in the evenings and for very short periods of time.

Overall we enjoyed our stay, especially because the resort was less crowded due to it being off-season, but there were enough negatives to take note of.

I will start with all of the positive experiences:

Our room was very clean, if not very plain. The balcony was really nice and the view was spectacular, especially from the little hot tub. I personally really enjoyed the little lizards who would visit in the evenings, even if they ran away the second I walked onto the balcony. The shower was quite large, and I appreciated the fact that they had soap and shampoo dispensers. (I was a little shocked that the shower door wouldn’t open all the way because it hit the ceiling, but it kind of added to the quirky out of date vibe that the resort has.)

We really enjoyed spending time at the pool, and appreciated the gentlemen pool staff checking on us every few minutes to make sure we always had cold drinks. We also enjoyed the food at the in – pool bar. I particularly enjoyed the quesadillas, and my new husband really liked the margarita pizza. The pool was relatively empty the entire time we were there, and we enjoyed being able to sit wherever we wanted.

The bellhops were great, and went out of their way to be helpful whether it was calling campus, giving advice, or one gentleman even produced extra pesos so that we could pay the cab driver correctly. I wish I could remember the guys name who helped us a lot, because he was very cheerful and awesome.

We also really enjoyed the in-house restaurant, and ate at least three meals there while staying at the resort! The presentation was very nice, and we really enjoyed the food! Specifically the clam pasta that was made table side. They brought out this big cart with lots of Ingredients and the chef made it all up right there at the table. My husband was very impressed, and I was very jealous that I hadn’t ordered it myself, so we made sure to go back so I could!

I had probably one of the best massages of my life on the beach, about 20 feet away from the ocean. The gentleman was so professional and made sure to check in that the pressure was all right throughout the massage. It was probably my favorite experience for the whole honeymoon, and it was decently priced! It has been two weeks since we got home, but I believe his name was Cesar! He’s the best!

And now for the negatives:
Upon arrival at the resort they gave us a coupon for two free drinks in the hotel lobby bar/coffee area. After two days we decided to use them, and the lady was less than cheerful but obliged to give us two drinks. While she was making them I noticed that the lime juice/salt rimmer was extremely moldy. Both my husband and I work in the service industry, so I know that it takes a considerable amount of time for those to get that gross. It totally threw me off, since the majority of our trip we had experienced a relatively clean environment. After that I was very hesitant to order anything except bottled beer while at the resort.

Our first trip to the pool was great except for the fact that our tequila shots were incredibly water down. As I said before, we work in the bar industry, and it was very clear that they were serving watered down tequila. My husband tried a cocktail afterwords and he wasn’t convinced that there was any alcohol in that either. Personally it tasted more like Jews than alcohol, but he ordered such a sugary drink I wasn’t positive. Again, I was glad to be only drinking beer.

The only really negative experience we had with the staff the whole time was with the ladies working at the pool. My husband unfortunately got very sunburnt, and these women were loudly making fun of him. To make matters worse, my husband speaks fluent Spanish so he understood every detail. It was incredibly upsetting because while yes, he should have better applied sunscreen, there is no reason for them to have openly mocked him like they did. Perhaps they thought he didn’t understand Spanish, but even if he hadn’t they were very clearly laughing at him and pointing in our direction...As we were the only people at the bar/pool for most of the day it was pretty clear who they were making fun of.

The last truly negative part of our stay at the club Regina is probably due to it being off season, but it was still very frustrating. The morning of our second day at the hotel they placed a note on our door informing us that they would be performing maintenance on the windows of our room and would need access from 9 to 5 for the remainder of our stay. This made us feel like we had to be out of our room, that our belongings had to be completely Tuckt The last truly negative part of our stay at the club Regina is probably due to it being off season, but it was still very frustrating. The morning of our second day at the hotel they placed a note on our door informing us that they would be performing maintenance on the windows of our room and would need access to the room from 9 AM to 5 PM for the remainder of our stay. As a reminder this was our honeymoon, and the fact that we were not allowed to be in the room from 9 AM to 5 PM was pretty frustrating. I understand the need for updates to the hotel, as I mentioned before that it is a little rundown, but to expect guests to completely clear out for a large portion of every day is a little ridiculous. While this wasn’t a super big issue as we were not intending on spending a majority of our time in the room, it WAS our honeymoon…

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Tayykgrz
SharonP3076, Owner at Club Regina Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Club Regina Puerto Vallarta after your recent visit. Our team is the heart of our resort’s operations and they love knowing that the guests notice their hard work and effort in providing wonderful experience for all guests. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the food, pools, and accommodations, and that you chose to spend such a memorable time in your lives with us! We are also sorry to hear about the negatives that you experienced. Next time, please speak with a Manager so that we can address any issues as they occur. We always want our guests to have an experience that exceeds expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know where we did not meet our usual five-star level of service and we are investigating.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

We go to PV frequently and like to spend at least one week close to the Marina so the location is what rates the Regina high for us. We go off season so I ask nicely for the best view possible...and we aren't disappointed. We stay at the Vacation Club section in a 1 bedroom suite. They are well equiped with kitchen supplies, extremely clean and well maintained. I adore the deck pool and the view view view....is awesome. On two of our three visits we had problems that Cesar the manager quickly acknowledged and solved as best possible. Note....at least in Aug there is no restaurant or room service Thursday night. : ( There is sign is in the elevator, but it really perturbed us to be stuck foodless in a extreme stormy downpour situation. Cesar apologized the next day and gave us a late checkout, which really reeeeeeeally helps when you have a 5pm flight out. I'm sure high season that wouldn't have been possible, but we so appreciated it, and that kind of response means we will return. If I had any other negative...drink prices overall in Mexico are climbing. We all know Tequila is sold at almost the price of juice, so why not be more generous in pricing and size? Ahhhh well...I've returned 'tequila soaked' now so it can't be that bad. Oh...and our maid Marcela was amazing. TIP HER! She deserves it.

Room tip: Vacation club has decks...I don't think the hotel section does? But whether you have to be a member idk?
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SharonP3076, Owner at Club Regina Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are glad you enjoyed your interactions with our team and that your expectations were met by our rooms, views, and housekeeping. It is our team’s goal to be able to provide excellent service to all of our guests and they love hearing from our guests that they are exceeding expectations! Thank you for choosing to stay at the Club Regina Puerto Vallarta and we look forward to your next vacation with us!

Reviewed 7 September 2018

Mom and Dad bought membership in 2002. I have been lucky to use it several times. The food is always good. The pools are relaxing. Each time I have ventured into town which is no problem from the Clubs location.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SharonP3076, Owner at Club Regina Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Club Regina Puerto Vallarta. Thank you for the very nice review. Come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

We've been to PV twice in the last 11 months. We've only stayed in two places so that's where I get my comparison.
Our stay was awesome!
The friendliness of the staff is unmatched. Not one person or one area... everyone.
Bell staff guys are great! (Juan is the man!)
Housekeeping is great!
Maintenance is great!
We had a minor problem in our unit that we didn't even know we had. Our housekeeper reported it. Problem was addressed immediately without any inconvenience to us.
The only reason I didn't give a perfect score is the lack of restaurants. The food is good, don't get me wrong. But there's not enough of it. Lol. Comparing it only to the Sheraton Buganvillas where we stayed previously which had more restaurant choices. That's all. Not the worse thing. Just a thing.
Definitely would stay here again.
Staff alone makes it my choice.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sharon P, Owner at Club Regina Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review. It is our team’s goal to be able to provide excellent service to all of our guests and they love hearing from our guests that they are exceeding expectations! Thank you for choosing to stay at the Club Regina Puerto Vallarta and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Club Regina at Puerto Vallarta is an excellent option for your vacations. It has an excellent service and the premises are just great. The beach and the pools are always clean and the temperature of the water is just fine.Highly recommendable!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sharon P, Owner at Club Regina Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review. Our team loves to hear that they are doing an excellent job of providing quality service to all of our guests. We will be sure to pass this along! We are delighted to hear that you had a relaxing vacation with us and we look forward to your next visit!