“The best 2 weeks of our lives!”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room Kitchen
Terrace view
Banderas Bay view
Pool-ocean view
Pool and Sun
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
minten121...
Stayton, Oregon
“The best 2 weeks of our lives!”
Reviewed 24 October 2016 for a stay in August 2016

This house was the most beautifully decorated home we have ever stayed in. When we arrived we joked that we were celebrities! From the amazing view, to all of the gorgeous plants, awesome large balcony that we sat out on nightly watching the sunset after coming back from the beach or sitting in the swimming pool, comfortable beds and large spacious rooms, and incredible showers there isn't any thing more that we could have imagined. Puerto Vallarta brought everything and more that we hoped for. The house is a short walk to the beach and awesome restaurants. We always felt safe walking around the city and if people could see we were turned around they always offered help. Everyone in the city was so friendly. I recommend this house to anyone who is looking in PV! The owners are the nicest people you will ever meet! We went for our honeymoon and know that we will be back to this house and PV as soon as we can!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and how it was decorated.
Liked least: Everything was perfect.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
25 Oct 2016
I am so happy that you found the perfect honeymoon spot. And not even a gripe about Sept weather!
Alondra A
Beaverton, Oregon
“Vacation of a lifetime”
Reviewed 2 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

This is my first time staying at the Divisadero. My sister and I surprised my niece for her 21st birthday! We all had a wonderful vacation! Absolutely loved our stay at the penthouse. The view of the ocean from the veranda is breathtaking! The kitchen is fully equipped and the decor throughout the condo is just beautiful! Very specious, cozy and at walking distance to the beach. We felt very safe! I highly recommend this place!!

2 Oct 2016
Thanks Alondra. I'm glad that you chose to have stayed at both of my places. Come again
Marissa S
Florence, South Carolina
“Breathtaking!!!”
Reviewed 3 July 2016 for a stay in May 2016

This condo is truly amazing! I don't know where to begin to describe it. There is no way I would ever consider staying at a resort after staying here. My boyfriend and I visited Puerto Vallarta with another couple and this condo was plenty of room. With the bedrooms situated on opposite sides of the condo both couples had all the privacy needed...when needed. We spent most of our time outside on the balcony that spans the entire condo. There are lots of plants which really give it the feeling of paradise. It's so beautiful I was really tempted just to stay inside! Don has a great selection of music and books that we were welcome to and the speaker system throughout the condo was awesome. It is on a steep hill but the funicular is always available and a neat little ride! And there are about 3 flight of steps to go up after you reach the top so I advise packing light. All those steps are so worth it when you open the doors to Casa Divisadero! We are already planning to return next year and I've recommended this condo and Puerto Vallarta as a wonderful vacation to friends. Thanks bunches Don!!!

4 Jul 2016
That's pretty sweet. Look forward to your return Sharee
Sharee W
“A-Freaking-Mazing!!!”
Reviewed 23 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

This place was too amazing for words. I will try to do it justice with my review, but I'm sure I can't. I traveled to Puerto Vallarta with my boyfriend, and another couple. This was the 1st time any of us traveled to Mexico and the 1st time we booked a rental via TripAdvisor. From the beginning, Don was outstanding. He answered all our questions (and I know I had a lot of questions). He supplied the contact information of someone to grocery shop for us. He gave great directions on catching a cab from the airport. And he made suggestions on activities and places to go. The location is away from the resorts and about a 10 min walk to town and less to the beach. There was never any real issue getting a taxi. And the cab ride anywhere (except the airport) was only 50 pesos.
The condo is spectacular. The pics on the description are wonderful but seeing it in person is even better. It is plenty big for 2 couples to have complete privacy. The entire place is stocked with what you need. We were unsure about the water situation so we had bottles delivered, but there is a tank in the kitchen that can be replaced during your stay. I also didn't know about towels but there are plenty (beach towels as well). The pool is right next to the condo and while it's not a private pool, we only saw other people there on the last day so it felt like a private pool. There is no AC but with the fans and the windows open you don't even notice. The patio with the view is so amazing. There are a lot of plants everywhere so you feel like you're in paradise when sitting out there. We actually spent more time outside on the balcony than inside the condo.
There is a funicular to get up to the condo from the main street. After that, there was about 2.5 flights of stairs to climb. Just be aware of that if you have heavy bags. There is a driveway that will put you right at the stairway to enter the condo, but it's very steep and we couldn't figure out how to tell the cab drivers to take that driveway to get us there. But we never had to wait for the funicular, no matter the time.
We were all very happy with our stay and are already planning on coming back next year. After staying here I can't see myself staying in another resort/hotel.
It's a must. I highly recommend booking this place if you are looking in the area. I've already recommended it to friends.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The owner was so helpful.
Liked least: I loved it all.
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
24 May 2016
Thanks Sharee. Look forward to your next visit. Putting air in both bedrooms so next visit you may freeze!
Theresa M
“Fabulous place to live in PV!”
Reviewed 21 May 2016 for a stay in January 2016

We went to actually live in our second home, PV. This place has everything you'd want in a home, and more! Both bedrooms are luxurious, with en suites you can enjoy as if in a spa. The kitchen is fully equipped and a joy to cook in. The living areas are spacious and the music system (throughout the home) is great (just turn it down at night so you can sleep to the surf sound from below). And the VIEW! 180 degrees and then some. Every day you marvel at how fortunate you are to be spending your time, here. As a super-plus, the owner and management are terrific and responsive.

It's on a hill, so bring walking shoes, or just use the convenient funicular that takes you to the road (where taxis pass every few minutes). If you walk, it's just a ten-minute stroll into the Old Town, 20 minutes into downtown.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
21 May 2016
Thanks again Theresa. See you again next year.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing