Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Dean M
Gimli, Canada

Relaxing needed vacation

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Mar 2024via mobile
I am going to first say, I knew going in that this was a Mexican style small resort. We are good with that. 1 A la Cart and 1 buffet. Food was repetitive, but I don't go to Mexico for the resort food. We had no trouble eating what we had to choose from. The snack bar seaside, was good and the Civiche bar was great. We had a pool side room at the main hotel which is tucked in behind the Las Palmas by the Sea hotel. Room was an upgrade and was super happy that we did that. Except we would get the south side of the pool next time because it has shade in the afternoon. We lost shade by noon and you could fry an egg on our private patio. LOL. Very easy stroll to the seaside part of the hotel to the other pool and beach. It was actually way closer than some of the other resorts we have stayed at in the past. So that isn't an issue in my eyes. We didn't see any entertainment, so can't say anything on that. Service around the pool was great. Claudio and the other servers worked hard and were friendly!! They would even go to the other pool to get lunch for us and serve it to our patio. That was Great! Beach was great, great views and a good walkability. Also, a great location as it was an easy walk to the Malacon. We were here for 10 days and for the price we paid, I would say it was a 4-4.5 star in my opinion. The small stuff that didn't affect or alter my opinion was there was no fridge in the room, but the pool bar and Tequila bar after hours were only about 100 feet from our patio. So drinks weren't an issue at any time. The pool was clean, but there were a few missing tiles and some of the concrete bull noise around the edge was cracked or missing. Didn't care. I'm sure the pool was heated, very nice. Pool loungers were good by our pool as we didn't really spend any time at the beach pool. Quiet around the main hotel pool with all the louder music and activities at the beach pool. Out bed and pillows were fine compared to all the other Mexican resorts we have gone to. All in all, I give this resort a thumbs up. I have stayed anywhere from Hardrock hotels to downtown hotels. If you don't want to pay $ 4000 for a 5 star, this place is going to surprise you if you keep an open mind and enjoy what you went for, the beach, weather and atmosphere.
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Vio.com
3.9 km from Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort
R 8 131
Fully refundable
Enroll free for lower prices
    R 8 105
1 578
1 001
1 578
1 001
All reviews pool side tacos buffet restaurant nightly entertainment swim up bar hamburger water aerobics ocean view claudio pools vacation mexico malecon canadian servers volleyball walmart
Selected filters
5 - 10 of 3 441 reviews
Reviewed 25 March 2024 via mobile

My partner and I stayed for a week during mid March 2024. If you’re looking to get a tan on a budget, this is your spot. The photos are mostly accurate too. The rooms are dated, but the AC blows cold air, the sheets are clean, and the beds are comfortable enough. We had a second floor room, and its was fairly quiet.
This is not a party resort, and we appreciated that.

The food at the buffet was nothing amazing, but they had decent verity, and it didn’t make either of us sick. There was always fresh fruit around which was a nice touch. They also have an omelet station which was a welcome sight. The small cafe made great cappuccinos and lattes, and had a nice selection of baked goods. The lunch options at the beach were fine also. Pizza cooked in a wood oven, burgers, hotdogs, nachos and fries were all exactly what you’d expect.

We didn’t spend much time at the pool by the rooms, as it seemed like that’s where the families mostly hung out. Also there was limited breeze there, so it got hot. The second pool by the beach was great. We went out around 8:30 to claim our spot, and still got grade A chairs overlooking the ocean. The bar is well stocked, and the staff there are all super friendly and helpful.

The proximity to the Malecon and Zona Romantica are a huge draw of this resort. A 100 peso cab ride from the resort and you’re at the pier, surrounded by lots of amazing dining and shopping options.

Overall, this resort was exactly what we expected.

TLDR; rooms are dated but functional, food is good enough, the drinks are cold and the sun is hot. All our experiences with staff were positive, overall a great budget option to get some time in the sun!

Reviewed 18 March 2024 via mobile

What a disappointment, third time here, run down, pool food hot dog and hamburgers , hot tub broken, 3 umbrellas on beach only, no service on beach . I travel 26 years to Mexico , last time here. We stayed twice before Covid here. Things changed for the worst. Rooms clean staff nice. It is the pool food, hot tubs broken, no beach service

Room tip: Avoid the all inclusive
Reviewed 16 March 2024

We always got up before breakfast at 7:00 am and saved a couple of chairs overlooking the beach. We tipped with pesos and the staff were totally amazing. They were extremely helpful with my gluten free diet. Gracias mi amigas and amigos. Thank you so very much.

Reviewed 16 March 2024

The food at Carpuso was amazing:). Muchos gracias #JuanCarlos and #Carlos for excellent food, wine and a very positive supper experience. The serving staff at El Huerto were very kind. They made corn tortillas for me and kept me straight on my gluten free diet.

Reviewed 8 March 2024 via mobile

If I can't say anything nice about the resort, I won't say anything. This was a WestJet vacation package, and they used to be good and predictable, but unfortunately not in this case. I suggest that you read all the reviews before you book, and not rely on any prior experiences with WestJet vacations.

Date of stay: February 2024