Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
luvztravel10
Calgary, Canada

Great stay

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 07 Mar 2021
We checked in on Feb 19. As I was checking in, I got informed that my credit card was compromised. It was tagged when I was in transit. So low and behold I could not use my credit card that I had used to book the hotel. Sylvia at the front desk did wonders. She worked with us until I finished talking to my credit card company and found another alternative to pay for our room. Thank you Sylvia, you were wonderful.
Our room was great, I had previously emailed the hotel to ask for a third floor room, which was available for us on arrival. Only thing I didnt like was that none of the rooms had a balcony. I love having a walk out balcony to enjoy my Mexican sunrise mornings. Otherwise, the room was good and clean. Beds were comfy and pillows perfect. This hotel is in close proximity to downtown PR. about 3 miles if you go by the streets. A bit closer if you walk the beach. I suggest the beach if you want the leisure walk, but the streets if you want to wonder and explore.
Buffet was good, we didn't eat there every night so I cant say if it was repetition. Thank you to Javier who made us feel so welcome and always had a drink ready for me! We ate at the french and italian restaurant and have nothing to complain about. It was good. Everyone there was amazing as well.
Going towards the beach, its literally crossing the courtyard. This hotel shares a courtyard with 2 other hotels so at first I was a bit confused (isnt hard to confuse me) but once you figure it out, its a breeze.
Nice pool, and a great swim up bar it looked like, but the swim up was closed due to covid, so you had to go around that towards the bar to get your drinks. Or wait for one of the boys to come around. Dont remember everyones names, but some that I do were great. Thank you to Andreas 1 (Paco) and Andreas 2, you 2 were amazing. Always good for a great laugh. I apologize but those 2 stuck in my mind,,, the rest were just as amazing serving everyone, I'm just horrible with names. Everyone was great. From the bar to the pizza kiosk and the lunch bar. Was amazing.
The entertainment was ok. We were not there on a nightly basis so I cant really comment. We loved to explore PR at night. But Marcus the entertainment guy was amazing. Always came up to us on a daily basis to let us know what was going on. Also pointed us to some great places. Had some great conversations with him. Our last day, we checked out early, but Marcus made sure we were taken care of until the very last minute we were there. Thank you for that. Much appreciated.
I would definitely return to this hotel. It was a freat clean place, and close to pretty much everything.
Date of stay: February 2021
Room Tip: higher up floor as it is quieter
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 13 Mar 2021
We are totaly happy to read those kind word, and much more because you spended a great time in Puerto Vallarta and also we really apreacited the special mention to our staff.

I look forward to welcome you back.

Warm regards.
1 578
1 001
1 578
1 001
All reviews pool side tacos buffet restaurant nightly entertainment swim up bar hamburger water aerobics ocean view claudio pools vacation mexico malecon canadian servers volleyball walmart
Selected filters
64 - 69 of 3 441 reviews
Reviewed 26 February 2021 via mobile

From day one problems with the room I requested. Shower wasn’t working then was making a mess water everywhere when u shower. Stuff was very unfriendly must of them only a few were happy and nice. One day we were sitting out in the lounge patio and we were using the pillows they have outside and someone came and said give me that I’m putting it away now (we were like??? For real but is no close yet?) nope still took them. No one checks the entrance for bracelets or checking temperatures. Is kinda a weird set up to go to the beach area you have to leave the hotel to the front door and is crossing the street. Pool is very low both of them. Restaurant a la carta terrible no taste and menus, table ( I’ll post a photo) and everything very dirty! We were staying in the 3 floor and one day we saw a dead cucaracha and stayed there about 5 days!!! So no one is cleaning around that’s for sure! Rooms are clean. Only thing we enjoyed was the eggs in the morning and the coffee.!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kro-lina9011
Jaime F, Director General at Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2021

Thank you for taking you ime to share your experience

Reviewed 1 February 2021 via mobile

It's the last night of my stay. I have been here for almost a Month. All the staff is extremely friendly Especially the general manager Jaime, waiters Claudio, Ramon, Javier and Anibal and bell staff Sebastián and Jair. All the staff looked after my every need And we're very kind . Hotel is in Good condition . Food is good. Recommend To get the superior room Type it's only a few dollars more And you have a better room Backing onto the pool . Thank you everybody Was a terrific vacation. Cannot wait to return .

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank 120davidmiami
Jaime F, Director General at Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2021

It´s great to read such a nice comment, and It´s an honor to had you a second time.
We realy preciated your special mention that you did, for our staff.
I look forward to welcome you back.
Warm regards

Reviewed 30 August 2020 via mobile

Carolina is amazing and takes care of the people. She creates a great ambient.

You can get American coffee or espresso. Also you can get many many many pastries. Last, you can get jello or other sweet desserts.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank federicor171
Jaime F, Director General at Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2020

Thank you for choosing Plaza Pelicanos Club and taking your time to share your great review; for us were an honor have you as guest.

Reviewed 31 July 2020

Very nice hotel. Beautiful pool with view of the beach. Really friendly staff. Lupillo, Raul, and Geovanni were the pool staff that invited us to play ping pong and blackjack.
Honestly made the trip eventful and relaxing. Would recommend to anyone looking for a beach getaway

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 321romeoh
Jaime F, Director General at Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2020

Thank you for your kind words. It gives us great pleasure to know that you had such a great time during your stay with us, it was an honor having you as a guest.
Also, we appreciate the special comments for our staff members, of course we will congratulate them for their excellent work.

We truly hope to have the honor of welcome you back soon so you can continue to enjoy our resort.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 7 July 2020

All the employees were nice. Very good activities. Julia and Luis were very good servers at the buffet they had excellent customer service skills. Lupillo Bo, Saul were very entertaining. Best bartender had to be cresencio and Saul. Very attentive.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jaime F, Director General at Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2020

Also, we appreciate the special comments for our staff members, of course we will congratulate them for his excellent work.

Warm Regards