Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Brentis
Calgary

Pools were cold.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 02 Jan 2007
Los Tules is very nice, beautiful, and the staff are excellent. However, out of the 6 or 7 pools, only 1 was usually heated! The others were chilly to slip into usually. There were giant crickets in one of our bathrooms one night- the staff took care of that quick though. Also, our hot water wasn't working in one of the bathrooms. The beaches were very nice by the ocean except for the pesky mexicans who walk up and down trying to sell you garbage. This isn't a place for young people looking to party- LOTS of families and older people. OVERALL Los Tules was a nice getaway resort.

Date of stay: December 2006
Trip type: Travelled with family
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
3.0 of 5 bubblesCheck-in / front desk
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesBusiness service (e.g., internet access)
    R 8 076
    R 1 436
    R 1 702
3.9 km from Ambassador Suites
View more hotels in Puerto Vallarta
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 May 2006

The Ambassador Suites on Los Tules property is truly a great place to stay. So relaxing. They are not like regular hotel rooms........they are condos of different sizes with different size patios and balconies. This is a place for quiet and relaxation, not a loud partying place.
There are no elevators, so be prepared to walk the stairs but there is always someone to carry your luggage.....checking in and checking out. When you are ready to leave, the manager, (Ms. Piana) will call a taxi for you. Although the staff speak little english, they are always there to help or find help for whatever it is that you may need. Purified water is included in the room rate as are all of the cooking items, whether it be in the studio or the master suite. The studios are of different sizes but never too small. The master suite is more of a very large hotel room with a dining area and a comfortable king bed. The bathrooms are of adequet size, and although the lighting may be a little dim, they are all decorated in true Mexican flair and very clean. Never encountered a problem with the shower or water pressure.....it was better than at home! You may get a pool view, ocean view, or both, but whatever view you have will be awesome....and no long walks to any of the pools since the property has seven. Although the Ambassador is located in the middle of the hotel zone, you would never know it due to the private Mexican village-like architecture.
If you want music or need a travel alarm clock, you will have to bring your own, as most of these units are privately owned and what I would refer to as 'basic luxury'. Surprisingly, (for 'basic') there are many good cable television stations and the air conditioning is excellent, with a ceiling fan included. I think that anyone looking for some R&R will really appreciate this place. Soft sand, nice beach. Well worth the price for what you get, but don't get your reservations mixed up with Los Tules, which is a whole other resort that share the same property. Ms. Piana and her staff will meet all of your needs and expectations, located in bldg 15.
Having meals at the little cafe, especially breakfast, is (in my opinion) picture postcard perfect ....overlooking the pool, ocean, mountains, and a view of downtown Vallarta.
The downtown view is truly awesome at night looking across the bay, all lit up with the twinkling lights of the town, starting at the ocean and gradually disappearing into the hills. Very simple and easy living here, like having a temporary home in the middle of paradise. There are always smiles on the faces of the people that stay there.......that should tell you something.
Oh. ...to our delight, we discovered that we were able to receive calls from the U.S. on our cell phone and also text message but could not make outgoing calls. A blessing really, since it is cheaper to make calls from the U.S. than from Mexico......beware!
If you're thinking about staying at the Ambassador, I hope this review helps give a little insight!

Date of stay: May 2006
15  Thank Holly21
Reviewed 2 May 2006

Stayed from April 9th to the 16th....a last minute decision.
We asked for a Master room this time because it was a little less expensive and has a king bed which is a little softer than what is in the studio (back problems). Of course, the room is smaller due to having no full kitchen, but the layout was great providing us with all of the essentials........large round kitchen table with three cushioned comfy chairs, microwave, toaster, small refrig, and all the dinnerware, flatware, cups, glasses, etc. needed. Oh, let's not forget the coffeemaker! We had a huge side balcony with sliding glass doors which saw the sunrise every morning being on the third floor, and a huge picture window with screens that opened wide in the front, facing the pool and ocean. These aren't the usual windows with just one set of draperies......they all have undersheers for privacy, while still letting in some light. And to reach our master suite, we had an old fashioned circular winding staircase with a bannister to help us along with bags of groceries. The room had everything that the studio has except on a smaller scale and without the kitchen counter, and instead of the 10 gallon jug of purified water, they left us three fresh quarts of water every day, and provided more when we asked. I brought those 'footie' slippers which we never used because the floor was so clean. The bedsheets were changed every other day, even though we only stayed for a week and even though we had a late check out (6 pm) they wanted to change them for us on that day, too.
A couple of days before leaving, I needed to see my doctor for my back problems and blood pressure and since it was right before Easter, my regular dcotor was on vacation. The manager, Maria Piana, happened to be working that Saturday and immediately got on the phone to her doctor and sent me to a nearby hospital where they were ready for me and gave me what I needed. All this cost me $30.00 plus bus fare ($1.20 r/t)......(now where can you walk into an emergency room for $30.00 total in the U.S. with no waiting?)
Although I'd like for this place to remain a secret, the manager and staff really deserve to be praised! They do go above and beyond what they are required than any other hotel that I've stayed at. Very few staff speak fluent english, but you can get your point across with gestures.
The downside was that not only was it spring break for the U.S. but it was 'Holy Week' in Mexico and thier spring break also, so this time we did have to scramble for a lounger, expecially if it was in a prime position......under the huts on the beach, near the pools, etc. and the Mexican population did take priority at the restaurant. I had read this happening at other resorts in Mexico but never had the experience at the Ambassador before this. I must say though, that it was an enlightening experience and that I understand the reasoning being that us Americans can vacation anytime, but the Mexican people cannot. Even so, a few of the waiters recognized me and said with a big smile and open arms "hola amiga.....welcome home!!". Got a hug, too!
All and all, a very 'homey' atmosphere year round with beautiful gardens, wonderful pools, something for everyone except the hard-core partiers that want bars and dancing on the premises. If you want music, you have to bring your own. Lots of security, you'll feel very safe here any time, day or night. I went out to take a picture of the full moon reflecting on the ocean at 4 am and didn't have a worry. When making reservations, don't get the Ambassador confused with Los Tules, even though it's on Los Tules property. All of the buildings are mixed in but there are two completely different check-in areas.

Date of stay: April 2006
13  Thank warmclimatetraveler
Reviewed 22 April 2006

floors were so filthy our feet were brown before we had completed walking across the room...was afraid to let the kids play on the floor. maintenance had to repair the safe and loose light switches before we could go out and feed the kids. he also had to clean the tub, but missed the filthy shower....check in personnel wanted to send up cleaning supplies and have us clean it...we emphatically declined..coffee pot had to be replaced and stove was broken. dishes were dirty and had to be washed...was supposed to be placed in a nonsmoking room, but the longer we stayed there the stronger the smell of stale cigarette smoke and mold became...ashtray on dresser indicated was a smoking room...I had to use my inhaler for the first time in over a year...we were told we could not get our deposit back if we left and we could not afford to lose it and go elsewhere. I had to get a comtainer of febreeze and spray the place down to be able to tolerate staying there. will never stay there again. very disappointed especially since the layout of the rooms has such potential...video tape is available if ambassador suites is interested in seeing what is being provided under their name.

Date of stay: April 2006
4  Thank Paradise10868
Reviewed 30 November 2005

Arrived home not too long ago after spending November 14th to the 21st at the Ambassador Suites at Los Tules. Each time we go, we're given a different studio in a different building and again Ms. Piana did not disappoint with size and views. We did have a little trouble with the firmness of the beds and I found that dinner at the property cafe was extremely overpriced (breakfast and lunch were reasonable) but other than that everything was again, perfect. We found that the jacuzzi is located next to the pool nearest the street building but did not take advantage of it after discovering that all of the jacuzzi water in Mexico is either lukewarm or cool. My guess is that if the Mexican resorts had to keep the water heated to the usual 105, their room rates would go up. Of course, that's just a guess but after visiting Ixtapa, Cancun and Mazatlan, I can think of no other conclusion. Regardless of the geckos that visited our studio all week (they were more afraid of us than we were of them) the place was kept immaculate by housekeeping. As usual, felt completely safe and nothing was stolen from the room. If you leave money out expecting the maids to take it for their tip, they will not touch it unless you mark it as such or tell them. This place is run more like a 'mom and pop' hotel in the States....very personalized treatment, caring, honest, and they are obviously very careful about who they hire. Each time I visit Puerto Vallarta and plan to stay elsewhere, I always end up at the Ambassador....it's that beautiful!

23  Thank warmclimatetraveler
Reviewed 14 July 2005

My fiance and I stayed at the Ambassador Suites over Memorial day weekend and we really liked it--we'll definitely go back again. In fact, we are planning on getting married in PV. Although ambassador suites is somewhat separate from the main resort (Los Tules)--it has a different front desk--we were still able to enjoy all of the amenities of the resort. The restaurant was a good value for b-fast, which is the only meal we ate there. I like that they give you complimentary bottled water every day. All in all, very much worth it and would recommend it to anyone.

Date of stay: May 2005