“Great Food & Live Music!”
Review of Que Pasa

Que Pasa
Ranked #258 of 1 209 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Bar for Locals, like a Puerto Vallarta version of the TV show "Cheers".Good tasty food and drinks, 5 HiDef TVs. two pool tables and live music.
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We came to Que Pasa to hear the band but we delighted with the food, drinks and service, as well.

I understand the restaurant to be very recently under new management. It is a comfortable open-air space with excellent table service from Angie who kept the drinks coming all evening.

The mixed American/Mexican menu offered an excellent house Reuben, fish and chips, and burgers as well as local options.

Rounding out the night was Tequila Rush, a band we’d heard a few days earlier in Sayulita. This tight trio are regulars around Vallarta and at Que Pasa, and have impressive chops. You name it, they cover it in their own distinctive style - Beatles, Clapton, Zeppelin, Queen, Depeche Mode, Nirvana - there’s something for all ages!

All of which made for a well-rounded night out!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

My first visit to Que Pasa was in December 2017. The restaurant is ex-pat heaven, and serves mainly non-Mexican dishes. There is a pool table, card table, bar and a stage for live music performances. I was there with a friend and it was his choice as he was craving something other than Mexican food. The waitress was friendly and service was average. I saw that there was a Patty Melt listed on the menu and it stated that it was on Rye bread. I was surprised as that's a bread that I usually don't see here in Mexico. I asked the waitress about it, she went to the kitchen and came back and said yes it was on Rye bread, so I ordered it. The Patty Melt arrived on a white sourdough type bread and was just a plain hamburger patty and grilled onions, NO cheese. Wait a minute, isn't this a Patty MELT? I brought it to the waitresses attention and she brought me out a slice of cold cheese to put on the meat, ugh. Even though the restaurant is off the tourist corridor the price for this terrible meal was higher than I expected. The only saving grace of that visit was the live music. People were singing and dancing and it really made the evening enjoyable.

Fast forward to March 2018 when a group of friends suggested going to Que Pasa for a drink and late snack since they liked the band that was performing. I hoped since the place is under new ownership that perhaps things would have changed. We were a group of about 8 and then a few more of our group arrived and we couldn't all fit at the table where we were originally seated. We found another area and told the waiter that we were going to move because we had a larger group. Bad decision as it really bent the waiter or manager or whoever he was out of shape. He said the other section was a different waiter. OK we were happy to settle up our bill and tip the current waiter etc. Several people in our group ended up going to the bar to order their drinks because the service was extremely slow. Let's just say things went downhill from there and I was ready to leave. One of the ladies in our group ordered Tortilla soup which looked like a bottle of ketchup with tortilla strips on top, yuck. The band was OK and people were enjoying dancing.

If you don't really care about what you eat or the service and just want a place to listen to music and hang out with ex-pats then you might enjoy Que Pasa.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Amazing service, great drinks! Ordered the steak and eggs and the steak was cooked perfectly! Really great atmosphere too.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

This place is right in the neighborhood and is familiar. It feels like “Cheers.”I have had many different meals here, mainly bar food. There are specials nightly. They have music and many TVs in case you need to watch a game.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 2 March 2018

Since Que Pasa is around the corner from Hacienda Escondida, where we vacation each year, it is an easy walk to a relaxing evening. Very casual and friendly. Don't be fooled by the open air exterior, which looks something like a dive bar, and just go in for excellent bands most nights and wonderful comfort food. Mondays are their Burger Mania night, featuring reduced price, delicious hamburgers and all day Happy Hour. We liked the Taco Tuesdays.Ribs are featured on Thursdays.The manager made sure we felt welcome, and we got to know our waitresses, who are twin sisters. Mostly frequented by Canadians and midwestern Americans, many of whom will invite you to share a table.Their chili can't be beat and sometimes you can get a New England Clam Chowder that rivals any we have had in the States. We love the many neighborhood restaurants in the Romantic District with local cuisine, but always enjoy a touch of home here!

Date of visit: February 2018