Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
paws0810
Mesa, Arizona

At a glance

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 Jun 2024via mobile
So upon checking in at a glance, the front desk was very polite and nice. Then there is a lady that does sit you down. Tell you what’s happening in the resort which is wonderful but she’s also looking to take you to their other property and lure you in for a timeshare. Upon noticing the website that I did follow for several months the little grocery store isn’t even open. it is closed so that’s kind of disappointing. If the sun comes out, I won’t be as upset. Dinner is unique and unusual at a Mexican on the property. We will see how the week goes.the room was clean. The bed looks and feels comfortable. The view is crummy out the front of the parking lot.
Date of stay: June 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded 12 Jun 2024
Dear Paws0810,

Thank you very much for the time you took for express your comments about your stay. I sincerely regret that your satisfaction was affected by those issues.

It is important for us to identify opportunities for improvement in order to sustain our exceptional service.

R 7 493
6 142
1 452
6 142
1 452
All reviews villa group activities team personal concierge quiet pool timeshare presentation pool concierge all inclusive package close to downtown water aerobics great vacation the wait staff main pool family vacation kids club our waiter ocean view flamingos
Selected filters
33 - 38 of 8 738 reviews
Reviewed 11 June 2024

Warning: If you receieve a discounted stay offer from them, know it requires listening to a timeshare sales pitch. If you do not accept to buy a timeshare, they put you in the worst rooms. Our room had no A/C or ventilation and there was visible black mold everywhere... on the walls, on the floor, even on the pages of the guest directory. Our clothes hanging in the closet were damp before we could even wear them. After complaining about the dangers, Management allowed us to use a washer and dryer in a time share unit to clean our moldy clothes, but we checked out immediately after. Not willing to spend another night in the room we checked out 5 days early. No apology or partial refund was offered. I previously posted pictures of the room online. It was both horrendous and possibly life threatening.

Room tip: Ask about view and possible construction.
Date of stay: August 2023
1  Thank George S
Director General, Propietario at Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2024

Dear George,

Thank you very much for yours comments, help us continuously to improve our processes and service levels. We understand that the standards and facilities in this hotel weren´t for you full satisfaction.

We sincerely apologize for all inconveniences caused during your stay in Puerto Vallarta and hope you can let us make this up.

Our staff should put a little more effort to provide a better service, this isn´t an excuse. We assure you that your feedback has been heard, and we are doing everything possible to prevent situations like this from occurring in the future.

We promise you that we do not take these matters lightly and we are doing what we can to make improvements. We look forward to returning again soon at our beautiful hotel.

Reviewed 11 June 2024

Had a great visit with family and friends the all inclusive experience was great. The wait staff and food service were always very helpful. Waters were warm, kids had fun out on the banana boat a couple of times. Throughout the day there are different games within th resort that every one can get involved in.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Director General, Propietario at Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2024

Dear GFearless52343248978,

Thank you very much for your valuable comments and for trusting Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta.

It is of utmost satisfaction for us to know that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, from its facilities to the service of our collaborators who take care of every detail to provide you with an unforgettable experience.

Best regards,
Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta

Reviewed 11 June 2024

The room on itself needs some upgrades. But I was told that they are tearing the building down for a new one, so I won’t focus on reviewing the facility on itself. I will talk more about the staff. They are very attentive and responsive. They go above and beyond to make sure your needs are met. Special shout out to Ramon who did everything for us to get the best deal when it came to activities. The beach was agitated at the time of my stay unfortunately. The pool can be busy at time, but overall, I had a good experience.

Dear Trail570690,

Were thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay at Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta. I want to thank you for posting such a nice review about our resort and staff.

It is a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and exceeded your expectations.

I look forward to meet you in the near future!

Best regards,
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta

Reviewed 9 June 2024

This is a nice old family oriented resort. The cooking made me think of being at a friend's house and the vibe was pretty, friendly and down to earth. Felt nice to come back to our room and have it be cool and sparkling clean after being in the hot sun. We spent a week and didn't even get a chance to see and try everything offered. There was a problem with our room the first night and they were able to switch us. We went in low season. The front desk was very quick to answer the phone. Based on our experience would recommend but don't expect any razzle dazzle. Clean and pretty and friendly that's it.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Director General, Propietario at Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2024

Dear Janine C,

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

I am very sorry to learn that your recent visit didn´t go as expected. Your feedback is highly important to us. Without hesitation we will take into consideration your comments to improve our service and prevent a recurrence of such an event.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again so that we may serve you with the warmth and hospitality for which we are recognized.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 June 2024

We checked into Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa at approximately 3PM today June 8th and from the moment we walked onto the property I knew this experience was not going to be good. We have been coming to Puerto Vallarta for over 20 years and this is by far the worst resort experience that we have ever encountered. The check in process was extremely slow and laborious and we were traveling with our 2 young adult step - daughters who had never been to Puerto Vallarta before. After telling the host at the front desk that we wanted rooms close by they put our daughters on the 2nd floor and us on the 8th floor. Ok, not the end of the world, but we weren't happy about it. Then as we enter our rooms we are treated with expansive views of their parking lot.

OK not the greatest but, we tell ourselves, we will just make due. After getting settled in we went to one of their poolside bars and I ordered drinks for our group. Not a friendly welcome or hola or anything just an angry bartender who proceeded to make the drinks as if I was bothering him. Afterward we decided to go to one of their onsite restaurants, La Trattoria for something to eat. After another zombified hostess seated us we waited for 45 minutes before anyone even acknowledged us. We ordered bottled waters and some other drinks and I asked for lemon for my water. 30 minutes later our drinks arrived and I asked for lemon yet again. Another 30+ minutes later a waiter showed up and took our order, I asked for limon a 3rd time.

ONE hour later the waiter showed up with the bill and we snapped at him that we havent even gotten our food yet and I said I wanted to cancel our food order. He ignored me and left the table. An other 30+ minutes go by and he shows up with our food.

I could go on and on about some of the other amenities and service issues, but there is no point.

I have NEVER in all my years of coming to Puerto Vallarta have had such horrible service from a resort to the point that I wanted to leave, but we had already paid for the week. The bottom line is this, there are so many other places to stay in this beautiful city that I wouldn't waste your money coming to this sub par resort. For the remainder of our stay we will NOT buy so much as a single bottle of water from this place.

I loathe writing this review but, this is appalling. I would NOT recommend this hotel/resort to anyone and we will certainly NEVER stay here again.

Room tip: Stay Away
1  Thank DJ D

Dear DJD,

Thank you for sending us your feedback.

We value your opinion and we regret reading about the inconveniences you experienced.

We can assure you that our team works tirelessly to provide excellent service and memorable experiences to all our guests.

We thank you for your comments and rest assured that we take your concerns seriously.

Once more, we would like to thank you for your invaluable opinion.

Best Regards,