Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Alfonso R
Hanover, Maryland

Good experience. Good value. Clean resort.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Aug 2021via mobile
Traveled as a party of 16, booked two 2-bedroom suites and a 1-bedroom suite. Noticeably clean resort (very reassuring). Pools and grounds are well maintained despite the visible age of the building. I booked the non-all-inclusive offering through TripAdvisor Plus which is an incredible value (includes breakfast (amazing inclusion, as it is a very complete sit-down breakfast experience), WiFi (the hotel does charge for WiFi), early check-in (based on avail.), late checkout (based on avail.), complimentary upgrade (based on avail.), and welcome amenity). The hotel is a really short drive from the airport, close to the Marina, downtown area, and shopping centers (high-end mall and supermarket) making it quite convenient. Hotel permits consumption of outside food and beverage (which is a big plus when traveling with large groups). Upon our arrival our check-in experience was pretty procedural, borderline apathetic and transactional, which was disappointing. No mention of what the resort has to offer, or anything resembling genuine service or hospitality. Also, although we booked through TripAdvisor Plus, the hotel had no idea of the program or the inclusions, I had to request for a a manager to look into it, and had to personally explain how the program works in order to gain the TripAdvisor Plus inclusions (which was very frustrating). It wasn't until we were approached, after our check-in, by Ramon (marketing representative from their timeshare sales team) that we were provided with information about the amenities and services. Restaurant and bar offerings are of great value and variety; the breakfast offering, seafood and Mexican restaurant had great menu variety and great flavor profiles. Rooms were clean and spacious, bathrooms (like most aged hotels) are small and basic. Rooms have very limited electrical outlets (aged hotel). Our only service hiccup was with one of the hostess (Jessica) who was very harsh on her service delivery when asking for our kids to get dry before entering the poolside Mexican restaurant (it is a poolside restaurant, inevitably most customers will be wet when entering). On one of our tours we caught a few fish, the seafood restaurant cooked them and delivered the food to our room (amazing experience). The marketing team of the hotel offers free drinks in exchange of a TripAdvsior review (we did not take the drinks as I do not agree with being pressured into writing positive reviews). All and all, we definitely enjoyed our time at Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta.
Date of stay: July 2021
, Propietario at Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review
Responded 16 Aug 2021

Dear Alfonso,

Thank you for your amazing words, for your time and dedication to write your experience, we strive to exceed your expectations and making sure that you feel better than home.

We will pass on your words of praise to those that were involved in helping to insure that all were happy with this vacation and let them know that their efforts are very appreciated.

We look forward to being of service to you and yours in the future when you come home once again.

R 7 890
    R 7 297
8.2 km from Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa
R 8 155
Fully refundable
Enroll free for lower prices
    R 8 159
6 143
1 453
6 143
1 453
All reviews villa group activities team personal concierge quiet pool timeshare presentation pool concierge all inclusive package close to downtown water aerobics great vacation the wait staff main pool family vacation kids club our waiter ocean view flamingos
Selected filters
2 175 - 2 180 of 8 740 reviews
Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

We spent a whole week at this resort and overall our experience was delightful. I was doubting because of some negative comments but we finally decided to stay here. We loved it all, great parking, excellent service from concierge, very clean and spacious rooms, cold ac, friendly staff at front desk, cleaning crew and pool attendants, people at front were a little dry but didn’t affected us at all. We had a top floor room which was 3822 and we LOVED it, we thank to all of them specially management because it reflects great management in the services provided. I will recommend this place to anyone who wants to visit Vallarta. By the way, the negative comments all said people bother you selling timeshare, we did not encounter even one time those sellers so I’m not sure if this is true.

Room tip: Great parking , clean pool, great ocean area
2  Thank bryanmantezoni
Management response:Responded 16 August 2021

Dear Bryanmantezoni,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity of hosting you at Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am pleased to read that you had an unforgettable experience and that our team has done a great job taking care of every detail during your stay. Your comments inspire us to keep making our guests´ satisfaction possible.

It will be an honor for Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta to have you back and offer you our sincere hospitality on your next visit.

Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

I stayed here with my family and it was an okay stay.

Con
The family fun setting was there however the service was not always good. For example, ordering food from room service took over an hour no matter what time of the day.
Some of the staff was not friendly. I speak to everyone but they were reluctant to respond when I greeted them.

Pro
During the day, the pools were clean and towels were replenished.
There was always food and drink available so that’s a good thing.

Pro
We received 5 star treatment from Adrian who is a bartender. This man was very attentive. He remembers what you are drinking, ensures that your food is served in a timely fashion and is overall just pleasant to deal with. Although he may have many customers, he makes you feel like you are his only customer.

Con
Next, the lighting on the grounds and the hallways were way too dim. The grounds were too dark for me at night and I wouldn’t necessarily feel comfortable walking to and fro at night on the grounds and in the hallways.

Con
The wifi service is terrible. It constantly goes off and then I have to reconnect. The hotel offers some other internet connection at an additional cost. That makes no sense. Once you are on a resort, there should be full internet service.
Also, you can hear the doors opening and closing down the halls. Or if there was a knock on the door next door, I would here it in my room and it would disrupt my sleep.

Pro and Con
Overall the food at the restaurants was good if you stick with the basic American or Mexican dishes such as shrimp tacos, burgers, quesadillas, steak from the steakhouse which were all very good. I find the intricate dishes such as lamb in orange sauce, fancy fried octopus with other goodies were not good at all.
The deserts, with the exception of the flan and chocolate tamale at Mexical Blue, were not good at all. They were tasteless.

Con
Lastly, at the time of my booking in June/July, my Covid test was supposed to be free. Unfortunately, the front desk manager, Uriel would not honor it even when the Tafer concierge tried to assist and confirm that I booked before August and the test should be free but he refused to honor it. I was charged $20 usd per person for my family of 5.
Please make sure any fine details is completely squared away and confirm before check in because the hotel will stick you in the end.
I had a nice time but I’ve experienced better.

1  Thank afiabo
Management response:Responded 16 August 2021

Dear Afiabo,

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

I am very sorry that your recent visit didn´t go as expected. Your feedback is highly important to us. Without hesitation we will take into consideration your comments to improve our service and prevent a recurrence of such an event.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again so that we may serve you with the warmth and hospitality for wich we are recognized.

Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

Concierge desk attendant Jose ledezm was very helpful in getting us booked for out covid testing . It was a smooth and seemless process . Thanks the service was great . Alejandro was great and took care of us. Love him .

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 14 August 2021

Dear Q1159LVjasond,

Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

my friends and i had an amazing experience here! we had dinner at Yashinoki and was greeted by the kindest people ever! their names were Oswaldo, Andres, Khris and Humberto! they provided excellent service throughout our whole dinner and made sure we were always checked on! we will for sure be coming back!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 14 August 2021

Dear 472jadync,

Reviewed 13 August 2021 via mobile

Having Lunch at El Patron, enjoying meal. Suddenly, the Operations Manager, Mr. Rubio from Spain, started an scene where yelling and offended his staff at the lunch area. No matter restaurant was fully booked and guests where seeing the momentum. It is sad seeing this kind of leadership, and asking why the service is like it is.
After stepping out the restaurant I went to front desk where Mr. Rubio was back me seeing what I was doing. Is it ok with the management of the Villa Palmar Resort's.

Room tip: People at site will try to help you to have the best experience. But the leadership not. Also, you must be careful with the prices, tip txs
Management response:Responded 21 August 2021

Dear Francisco,

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.