Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
777Deana777
Portland, Oregon

As always, best hotel in oldtown!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Jun 2021
We just had the best 9 day vacation in Vallarta. We always stay at Playa Los Arcos on our yearly visit…. and sometimes go twice a year.

This hotel has it going on. From the moment we step out of our taxi and hear, “Welcome Home,” we know we are “Family.”

We love all the staff and especially the hard-working Magda and Yolanda. They assisted us with so many things this time. Their positive attitude radiates and they go above and beyond to please. The front desk staff and the bell boys are amazing as well. They all do terrific jobs handling the many vacationers that come through their lobby and always cater to the customer no matter what the need. All service is prompt and given with a smile.

PLA has done some beautiful upgrades on their property. They’ve added some new rooftop “experience” restaurants and they are a must try.

Book early when you plan to go because it can fill up fast- especially during high season.
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 02 Jul 2021
Dear 777Deana777
Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind comments. That‘ll put a smile on my face. It was a pleasure to have you. The staff and I are so happy we could make your stay so wonderful. We’d love to have you back anytime at this your home away from home.
R 10 398
2 900
1 365
2 900
1 365
All reviews romantic zone ocean front all inclusive option mexican hotel love this hotel hotel zone sister hotel all inclusive plan beach chairs infinity pool magda pv malecon vacation concierge romantica pablo
Selected filters
634 - 639 of 5 509 reviews
Reviewed 25 June 2021 via mobile

10/10. The whole experience that I had here was amazing. I had so much fun. I love how open it is. You can be at the side of the pool and in the next 5 minutes you’re at the beach. The food was 7/10. They should add more options to the buffet. With the juices I feel like I’m my opinion ion they need to be freshly made. The hotel room was very clean and cool. The staff was nice and very caring. I rate their hospitality a 1000/10. They have an adult pool and a Jacuzzi to relax. I really recommend coming here if it’s your first time coming to Mexico.

Room tip: Reserve with time because it gets super busy. I really recommend Adrian and Naomi. They are super entertaining.
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Paradise23450863323
Reviewed 21 June 2021

I spent 9 nights at the Playa Los Arcos Hotel. The location of the hotel is perfect in the Romantic zone and with a large beach. I got a standard room and it was okay with the bathroom being very small. There is a nice balcony and a slight view of the water from it. The beds were great to sleep in. Everyday the housekeeping staff cleaned did a great job cleaning the room.

I opted only for breakfast which was essentially the same buffet food everyday with a omelette/egg station and a pancake station.

They have three pools, a large central pool, a child's pool and an adults only pool, but when the ocean is 20 yards from the hotel I opted for it every day. The staff put lounge chairs and umbrellas out for their guest to enjoy being on the beach. They do have bar and food service on the beach and the waiter really works hard for his guest.

My only complaint about the hotel is the lack of joviality by the hotel staff. You rarely see them smile and interact with customers in a friendly way. They were always pleasant and business like in their dealings. As a vacation resort I would like to see the sort of friendliness and joviality you would expect in a location where people have come to relax and have fun.

I will definitely stay a Playa Los Arcos hotel the next time I come to PV.

1  Thank robjackson_97
Ramón Tapia, Director General at Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2021

Dear robjackson_97
Thank you very much for sharing your comment and your experience during your stay with us, it's very pleasent to hear that all our services to lived up your expectations and that you enjoy our privileged location much. We'll using your comment to share it with our coworked to offer a better friendliness and joviality. Thank you for your time in leaving us an excellent comment and visit.
Gerente Manager

Reviewed 16 June 2021

This is our second time at Los Arcos and we wouldn't stay anywhere else! The location is perfect: on the beach, close to pier and in the middle of Romantic Zone.
The rooms are basic but nice: air conditioning is excellent along with beds and pillows.
The staff is very considerate and helpful. Rooms and grounds are kept very clean.
Found the currency exchange service to be very handy.
Beach wait staff is beyond compare!
Highly recommend for a great experience!

1  Thank Cassy D
Ramón Tapia, Director General at Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2021

Dear DygertTravelUnlimite
Thank you for your comment for us it's very pleasent to hear that all our services lived up your expectative and we really appreciate you taking the time to share you feedback, we are thankful for amazing customers like you. We hope to see all of you again soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2021

Not sure why there are bad reviews because this is genuinely one of the best hotels I have stayed at. The environment (pool, ocean, and restaurants) is like no other and the location is truly amazing, right in the middle of zona romantica where you can walk everywhere but also right on the beach.
The pools are cleaned everyday and i've never felt that it was dirty even at the end of the day. There is a infinity pool and a jacuzzi too that you can relax in.
The restaurant (3 meals a day for the all inclusive) served buffet food that genuinely impressed me. I've had my handfulls of hotel buffet food and this is probably the best one i've had yet. All the food is fresh, flavorful, and delicious. The fish fillets especially are SO good! Sure, you can probably get better ones in restaurants town but in terms of hotel food and drinks it's really really good.
The room we stayed in was a bit small, and bathroom especially was tiny. But the bed was comfortable, the shower worked well, and most importanly the AC was working really well. Although it wasn't sleek or modern, everything felt clean. Lastly, the staff is so nice! They are truly so helpful to us when we scheduled a COVID test with them. Even though we ran late to our appointment they were still accomadating and helpful. I truly have nothing bad to say about this place and would love to stay here again if i get the chance to come back.

Dear W1254OSjennifert
Thank you for your feedback, for us all the comment are very important because they help us to know that we are offer an excellent quality service, It’s very pleasant to hear that all our services lived up your expectative and that enjoyed your stay. Thank you for you visit and we hope to see soon enjoying all our services.

Reviewed 6 June 2021

Have been here twice in 2021 and really enjoy so much about Los Arcos. The staff is very friendly and professional. For Los Arcos it's all about Location, Location, Location; perfect stepping off spot for all the Old Town has to offer. While the rooms are very basic as far as amenities go, the beds are comfortable. I believe they've renovated some of the rooms, I've just not had the opportunity to stay in one yet.

Front Desk: Check in can take some time, as they front desk personnel are very thorough to make sure everything is all set. Really no issues with the front desk other than long wait times. Very helpful staff who will also take care of scheduling your COVID test before flying home. Speaking of COVID test, they do them at their boutique hotel across the street. Super easy process.

Rooms: As I said, the amenities are very basic - small bottle of shampoo and small bars of soap. They do provide two small bottles of water per day, which is a plus. I've had issues with water temperature.

Pools: I've been here in both February and June. The pool felt pretty perfect in Feb, but is bathwater warm in June. The small adult pool is cooler and feels much better. The hot tub is nice, just wish the jets were positioned differently. Being in the pool with a cold beverage around Sunset is the PERFECT way to roll into the evening in PV.

Food: I did not do the all inclusive package and quite frankly wanted to explore as many different restaurants in the area as I could, but I did enjoy some guacamole by the pool which was outstanding.

Overall I love this hotel and will be back again!

Date of stay: June 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ramón Tapia, Director General at Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2021

Dear Mr. Jeffrey S
Thank you for taking the time to leave us an excellent comment, for us all comments are very important, they help us to know that we are offering an excellent quality service, it's very pleasent to hear that all our services to lived up your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your visit and preference.