“Amazing view!”

El Palomar de los Gonzalez
Ranked #116 of 1 188 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Price range: US$15 - US$90
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2018

The view is amazing for sure. Check for sunset times and try and get there around that time. That said, food was uninspiring but ok. Wine list was short and a bit over priced, but ok - here is the kicker and it's a BIG one! If you want to go and have a nice romantic dinner with a stunning view do NOT go to this place unless you want live Mexican music blaring in your ears during your whole visit. It is BEYOND annoying. It's not an occasional birthday or one or two songs. If I wanted to hear this stuff I can stay on the beach or go to a live music venue. This is no exaggeration, we had to scarf our food and get out of there. I have nothing against Mexican music, but I'm trying to eat and chat with my wife.

1  Thank nikv23

Reviewed 30 April 2018

One of the hidden places in Puerto Vallarta to have a great dinner. The food and service is quite good. The wine of list is short and could be improved dramatically to make the experience even better.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

This is an experience everyone should have in Puerto Vallarta. There are a lot of restaurants in the hills overlooking Banderas Bay, and we found two that we fell in love with, starting with El Palomar. It's Spanish/Mexican/American fare, and delicious. The service was very good, and the staff very friendly. We also thought it was a good value. There were 6 of us, and we had a variety of seafood dishes which were all excellent.
The view is amazing. We booked our table so we were there at sunset, which I highly recommend. Bring your sunglasses in case you have a bad angle, but once the sun is halfway down, you won't need them.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

After 10 years of visiting PV and many great dining experiences I had to make mention of this restaurant. The food was amazing and the experience of going there even more capped with a perfect PV view. Our group actually visited twice during our stay so I can also vouch for the consistency. The steaks were on par if not better than places we eat in Calgary which is known for beef. The fish topped with seafood was abundent and fresh. The service was also worth mention. we have been to many of the mountain top restaurants in PV but I truly believe this is the one to visit.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

The food and atmosphere was amazing! Went for dinner and the sunset was spectacular. The best was watching our waiter make Caesar dressing right at the table! Would definitely recommend