2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$71
HolidayInn.comUS$71
Hotels.comUS$71
PricelineUS$70
TravelocityUS$71
getaroom.comUS$73
All reviews small pool santa cruz min walk comfortable beds all inclusive package marina view room la crucecita washer and dryer tv channels central location welcome drink taxis are cheap checking in coffee maker lounge chairs safe area rooms are large
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 February 2021

Stayed here for 10 days in January 2021. It was great, right from the "welcome drink" when we were checking in to getting a taxi back to the airport on our last morning. All the staff at the hotel were so friendly and helpful. We had a room on the marine side, so we got to watch boats of all sizes coming and going. A daily routine for us was to have a late afternoon drink on our balcony and watch all the boats returning to the marina for the day. The bed was comfy, the towels good. We had breakfast included in our rate, which worked out well. Plenty to eat. We always had some fruit left over to save for a later snack. The hotel is within walking distance of the beach, shops, and several restaurants. It is a short taxi ride or about a 1/2 hour walk to La Crucecita. Due to the Covid situation, there were not a lot of people there, and sometimes we had the pool area all to ourselves. I hope we will be able to return one day and find the lounge and bar area bustling with people. Excellent value. Would recommend it.

Room tip: I think the marina side is probably quieter than the street side.
Date of stay: January 2021
Holiday Inn Huatulco, Propietario at Holiday Inn Huatulco, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2021

Dear Lynsay, Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. We appreciate your preference. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, We value your comments and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 18 March 2020 via mobile

We enjoyed our week at the Holiday Inn. We were treated so well by the young gentlemen at the desk. A small pool is a slight drawback, but really...only a first world problem!
I would encourage management to enforce the "100% smoke free" signs posted throughout hotel.
Thanks Holiday Inn!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HiHuatulco, Director General at Holiday Inn Huatulco, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2020

Dear robmV1551OJ

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay and We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services.

We hope for the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 8 March 2020 via mobile

Stayed for 2 weeks facing the marina. Hotel has a small pool but always room for swimming. 5 minute walk to the beach. Tons of restaurants in the area and taxis are cheap. No need to eat Mexican every night. Choices from wood fired steaks. Italian and lots of seafood. Also dined at the restaurant within the hotel for breakfast and lunches. Service and food were great.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Shelbyanners

Dear Shelbyanners:

Reviewed 29 February 2020

The rooms are large and very clean. The bed and linen are comfy. Big white fluffy towels. Coffee maker in the room for me is a big plus. I kept a glass mug and coffee cream in my ice bucket. Works for me. Air conditioner worked great because it's Hot there. I go all inclusive, breakfasts are very good. The menu didn't have a lot of variety. I would like to see more Mexican food on it. I ate a lot of fish , which is fine with me. Don't expect steak. Because there isn't any. Salads were great lovely cakes , good ice cream . If you a looking for fine dinning forget it. This is not for you. But I will return there again next winter. It safe , clean , great location. That's what I want. And I did not have or ever have any problems with their service. They were always very kind and friendly. Sometimes a little slow but who cares we are on vacation in Mexico.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank Angela P

Dear Angela P

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty . I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We are currently working to make enhancements to deliver a more comfortable stay for all of our guests.
We value your comments and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 20 February 2020

We just returned from two weeks at the Holiday Inn Huatulco where we purchased accommodation and breakfast only; and enjoyed dinners at multiple Huatulco restaurants -- very happy with our decision.
Pros: friendly helpful staff, clean rooms, tasty breakfasts; washer and dryer for guest use; good access to restaurants and beaches and bus service; safe area day and night; rooms have tile floors; air conditioning works well; rooms don't have a musty or moldy smell (unlike some hotels next to the ocean); hotel has an elevator and accessible rooms for folks with mobility issues.
Cons: small pool with only 12 lawn beds; TV channels have no Canadian and little English content; small selection of foods on dinner buffet; no fridges in guest rooms; service in restaurant is inconsistent (lack of training); entertainment provided on Sunday only.
This is not a resort hotel with programs and activities for children or adults so if you want the resort experience book elsewhere. Most guests we met were Canadians in the 40+ age group. Overall we were happy with the hotel and staff; however we're really glad we didn't book the all inclusive meal package. We ate only one dinner at the hotel (a la carte menu) and 2 of the 3 at our table were happy with the food. When booking we requested a room in a quiet location but were given a room facing the main thoroughfare, a noisy street. If you are a light sleeper I recommend booking a room that doesn't face the street.

Room tip: Rooms on the sides of the building, facing the pool or ocean are quieter and more conducive to sleeping.
Date of stay: February 2020
HiHuatulco, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huatulco, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2020

Dear fishing5652

Thank you so much for your recent stay, and thank you review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We hope you will visit us again.

Sincerely