3 people are viewing this hotel
US$65
Free cancellation until 21/09/26
US$65
Free cancellation until 21/09/26
Reserve now, pay at stay
Traveluro
US$64
HolidayInn.comUS$65
PricelineUS$65
Lol.travelUS$70
All reviews small pool santa cruz min walk comfortable beds all inclusive package marina view room la crucecita washer and dryer tv channels central location welcome drink taxis are cheap checking in coffee maker lounge chairs safe area rooms are large
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 February 2020

If you just want a hotel this is clean, modern and in a good location, a quick walk to the beach you will be fine.
It should not, however be trying to compete as an all inclusive, it is nowhere near what you come to expect at a Mexican all inclusive and anyone who has been to others will be VERY disappointed here.
POOL: Tiny. 13 lounge chairs in an 83 room hotel.
SERVICE: Sporadic at best, terrible at worst. Standouts were Juan (who intervened one night after I had waited more than an hour for a piece of chicken to be prepared) and Carlos at the bar. Most of the time I felt invisible!
ROOM: Clean, comfy bed, coffee maker (yet no bar fridge for cream) a few English tv channels, tiny balcony-can't even put a chair out on the street side balconies. A marina view room is 500 pesos per night more, balcony has enough room to fit a chair sideways-NOT WORTH IT.
Food: Sad. There is an omelet station but the buffet is tiny, very limited selection. There is a sign behind the omelet station (in Spanish) listing a few things and "mas" figuring out whats behind that kitchen door is the great mystery! Ask for random things and you may get lucky- there is bacon, there is hash browns and who knows what else but you will not see it, nor is it listed anywhere so how are you to know? Also no coffee anywhere before 7.
DRINKS: Decent enough selection but you need to pay for most of it, very limited selection available for all inclusive. Bar closes at 11.
ENTERTAINMENT: None.

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank Lori G
HiHuatulco, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huatulco, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2020

Dear Lori G
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel and please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards.
We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes for every area.
We are currently working to make enhancements to deliver a more comfortable stay for all of our guests.
We value your comments and welcome the opportunity to serve you again. So we can show you our true level of service and provide you a better experience.

Reviewed 9 February 2020

This hotel should not be advertised as an All Inclusive. It is far from that. The service was terrible. The food almost nonexistent. We did not enjoy our 12 day stay. We love Huatulco and will forever travel there. But this Hotel will never get our business again.

If you chose this hotel for the location. Please save yourself some money and aggravation and just pay for your room. Paying for the “extras” is a waste

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank Adventure591501
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Huatulco, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2020

Hi there, Adventure591501!

I appreciate you for staying at Holiday Inn Huatulco and for giving us your thoughts about your recent visit.

I feel your dismay about the service and the food that we served. IHG maintains an excellent level of service that is a standard for all of our hotels worldwide. I'm so sorry that we missed this time. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. I'll definitely share your thoughts with our hotel management team as a reference for future enhancements.

Your feedback will help us towards bettering our services and we hope to host you again soon.

All the best,

Peter J.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 30 January 2020

I was very happy with my choice. The location was great. Easy walking to many, many restaurants, groceries and shopping. The room was spacious and well thought-out. There were many shelves and nooks and crannies to store your things, a table with two chairs, coffee pot, free water, etc. The room faced the busy street, but it did not keep me from sleeping. In fact, the mattress and bedding were top-shelf. Very nice. You have no chance at getting a lounge chair at the small pool, so don't even think about it. The lobby has a restaurant and bar and the service was great. For the price point, I felt it a great bargain.

Room tip: My balcony only had one chair. You may want to check.
Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank KYMary
HiHuatulco, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huatulco, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2020

Dear KYMary

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your preference. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 24 January 2020

We were there for one week on an all-inclusive. The hotel is very clean and the staff are very friendly. The one downside for an all-inclusive is that there is only one restaurant and the menu is very limited and the food is nothing to write home about. The Huatulco area is beautiful, we went on a Sun and Fun Cruise with West Jet Vacations that took us by the Huatulco bays and had 3 opportunities to snorkel with some very nice fish. Beautiful day! Average temperature for the week was about 35 degrees.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank DaleE378
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Huatulco, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2020

Hello DaleE378,

I hope this message finds you in good health. I want to thank you for staying with us. We are glad to hear from one of our valuable guests. Here we focus on bringing all guests a feeling of unlimited pleasure. I am sorry to read that wasn't the case. The restaurant service should provide more options for our guest to better their experience. I am glad the even with this issue you found our staff very helpful and our standards of cleanliness excellent.

I have forward your comments to our management and they are reviewing all your comments and taking action to avoid this problem happening again. I hope for your visit soon so we can serve you again.

Cordially

Oscar C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 15 January 2020

Service is good, they really try hard.
Breakfast is very complete.
Problem is that the pool are is very small, it can be a challenge to find where to sit.
Rooms are fine to fit 2 people, for 3 it can be a challenge.
Location is amazing.