“Great Value”

Froggy Fishing and Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sport fishing and sightseeing on the bays are the main activity of our boat. Our commitment to the crew is always backed by the security and good treatment towards our clients. In addition, each ride is complemented with drinks and water activities such as snorkeling.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 10 February 2018

We were part of a group of 50 people staying at the Dreams resort in Huatulco. Most of the group booked a 4 hour bay and snorkeling tour through the hotel, and paid $65 per person, but we wanted a smaller and more personalized tour so we booked with Froggy. Our party of 6 had a wonderful experience and we paid less than half of what the other people paid. Our guides took us out to see whales and sea turtles, and we snorkeled on a beautiful secluded beach. Water, soda, and beer were included.

1  Thank Scott P
in 4 reviews
"beach"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 24 December 2017

On Friday evening, December 22, 2017, my friends and I had decided that we would take the boat tour on Saturday around the many bays of Huatulco. After dinner at the Playa Santa Cruz, we found only one captain, FROGGY, in the square who could help us.

We had been advised to make certain that the itinerary was well understood as not all captains delivered. We negotiated a price at 3,000 pesos for three stops, one each to Bahia de San Agustin (for lunch and snorkeling), Parque Nacional Huatulco for a second snorkeling stop and a third private beach to experience the quiet and beauty for which the area is well known. Before leaving to go back to the hotel I asked if FROGGY would be taking us personally and he assured us that he would. This was a lie.

The next morning, after our having to call FROGGY to arrange transportation to Playa Santa Cruz as noted on his web site, something he did not originally share with me, we arrived at Playa Santa Cruz for our tour.

We reviewed our arrangements which included the three stops and FROGGY agreed again. He walked us to his boat, settled us in, jumped out of the boat and asked for his money. I asked if he would be coming with us as discussed and he said “no.” that his brother, Hector would be the captain that day but that Hector knew the arrangements. If Hector did know them he did not deliver. Another lie.

We did go to Bahia de San Agustin but that was it. No Parque Nacional Huatulco, even though I had asked Hector three times when we would stop at the Parque for snorkeling.

No private beach. Instead he took us to the noisy tourist destination which was not on our itinerary. As we were approaching, we heard the music blaring and saw hundreds of people on the beach. We instructed Hector to turn the boat around. I asked again about the snorkeling at Parque Nacional Huatulco and Hector ignored my question. This was a sad joke and we had been taken for 3,000 pesos.

While the view from the water is spectacular, the steady stream of broken promises and lies left a bad taste of what FROGGY and Huatulco has to offer. If ever I return to Huatulco my trip would not include any tours offered by FROGGY. BUYER BEWARE.

1  Thank Steve_Tiss
Reviewed 13 April 2017

My family including me, my wife, and three young daughters were on vacation in Huatulco for the first time and were strongly recommended to take a tour with Froggy. We are so glad we did!! Froggy took us on a fantastic tour that included coastline sightseeing, swimming in secluded bays, snorkeling, and even some casual fishing. All three girls caught a fish, they were so excited! We even had super up-close sightings of dolphin, sea turtles, and marlin. And the secluded bays and beaches . . . Wow, unbelievable to be the only ones in such a beautiful setting. Froggy and his first-mate were fantastic hosts and guides, and were focused on making sure everyone was happy. One recommendation . . . Start your tour early if you want to enjoy the sunrise, and beat any other tours to the secluded beaches. In our case we left the marina at 7:30am and back by 1:00. Thanks so much to Froggy for an unforgettable experience for my family. We will do it again for sure next time.

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Best tour ever! There's never a no for a answer from the captain! You can not beat the price he will provide drinks snorkeling gear ext. Make sure he takes u to cacaluta it's a amazing beach all for ur self. Amazing amazing amazing!!!! Can't say enough!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 February 2017

This was our first visit to Huatulco, and everyone recommended taking a tour of the bays by boat. We walked down to the Marina area in Santa Cruz and surveyed the available options. Some boats seemed too large and some tours too long, but Froggy was completely flexible. We booked his boat and explained that we were interested in seeing the bays from the sea and off we went. The boat is well maintained and clean. It has a cover to offer shade and would comfortably seat 6 (there were three of us). We saw fish and a turtle and got a close-up introduction to all the coves up to San Augustine. We stopped there for lunch at a beach restaurant and then returned. The water is clear and many good snorkeling spots were available. We were out for about 4 hours which was just right for me (who has a tendency toward sea-sickness). It was a great day and we'd definitely book with Froggy again.