Lowest prices for your stay
Travelocity
Preferred Hotels
US$261
View deal
Free cancellation until 21/08/06
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
All reviews hotel restaurant hotel is beautiful shuttle bus private beach fish suite iguanas americans secret
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 May 2021

The service, the location, the views, the food, all excellent. The staff was just the best! The hotel needs a lot of maintenance, however. Our suite was very comfortable and beautiful but there were just a lot of minor maintenance issues. Also, the grounds could use a landscaping overhaul.

Date of stay: May 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 13 May 2021 via mobile

He took a trip to Huatulco to recover from our COVID quarantine. Huatulco was wonderful surprise in that it maintained its authenticity in culture, cuisines, and eco friendly practices. Quita Real was located in on a beautiful beach surrounded by nature preserve filled with colorful birds and wildlife. The hotel is terraced and is a steep walk up or down to the beach. The hotel provides car service to the beach if preferred. We were their only a few weeks post COVID opening and the location did not disappoint but the quality of the hotel maintenance and details boutique hotels provide were certainly missing.

The people working at the hotel were very polite and kind. However it appears as though a general manager maybe missing for those special touches. The hotel had two cab drives (the same two) at all times. Who also tried to coordinate excursion for us. Although we pursued excursions on our own outside of the hotel at better rates. Both drivers were very pleasant people.

Our stay was beautiful, relaxing and the food in Huatulco was five start. We will definitely be back to Huatulco

COVID test were required for international travel. We initially asked the front desk to help us and they coordinated a test with the most expensive place in Huatulco. We later venture to town an found a pharmacy to give us the test at a fraction of the cost.

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 18 October 2020

We love Huatulco and have been visiting for 18 years. We visit 2-3 times a year. This is a town with culture, good food, beauty, peace, and great people. I call Huatulco my second home and I dream about going back throughout the year. This is the first time we stayed at Quinta Real. Personally, I prefer hotels that have easy access to the beach but my fiancé wanted to try this place.
Quinta Real is a beautiful waterfront hotel. Our room had a breathtaking view. My sister and her husband joined us this time. They had bad luck with their suite and several issues happened. They wasted hours trying to resolve them. Luckily, Lic. Jazmin, hotel manager was very nice and helpful. She resolved all issues and made sure my sister had a nice and peaceful stay.
All four of us encountered some problems that have to do with racism and classism. The hotel is not responsible but could train their employees better. My sister and I are Mexicans from Guadalajara who migrated to the United States many years ago. Our life, professions, and families are in the U. S. My fiancé and brother in law are Americans. My fiancé is White with blue eyes and my brother in law has very dark skin and brown eyes. My fiancé and I are very relaxed when we are in Huatulco and do not worry about meals until it is time to dinner and we try local restaurants. By sister and her husband like to enjoy every meal in the hotel (room service and hotel restaurant). The third day in Huatulco, they were having breakfast in the hotel restaurant. There was a big group of people, older couples (14 from Queretaro). They seemed friendly, were loud, and spoke with a classy “upper middle class Mexican accent.” The waiter and waitress were working hard to serve them and forgot about my sister and her husband. They did not receive their coffee or bread, like every morning. They asked twice but the servants forgot about it. They were to busy serving people to seemed to be higher class. It was not about the tip. My brother in law has leaving big tips every morning. He was into “helping everyone who is recovering from the impact COVID left.” My sister was upset and complained to the cashier. The waitress changed her attitude and tried to compensate. The waiter seemed upset for a couple of days and had an attitude with us. I saw that when we asked for drinks at the beach.
One morning, I stayed in the hotel doing Zoom work meetings. My fiancé went to the beach early. He asked for beach chairs and tables. The palapas we had been using were taking and he asked for the palapas at the end. He texted me several times asking me to bring the Bluetooth speaker. When I finally walked to the beach, my sister and fiancé were very upset about this family from Queretaro being rude and mean to them. When this family came, they were upset that we had taken the palapa they used the day before. They gave us bad looks and turned their music very loud. At first, they did not know we spoke Spanish and were making rude comments we could hear. My fiancé was waiting for the speaker to compete with them. He was humiliated by the attitude these people were showing. He played heavy rock using the speaker. Every time this family turned their music louder my fiancé turned his louder. After about an hour and older man in that group came and they turned their speaker off. My fiancé turned his off. There was peace after that. This group of people had all the palapas around us. Since I am claustrophobic I felt trapped but survived.
I started this comment by saying “racism and classism.” This group of 14 people from Queretaro were obviously being classist. They are as dark as I am but their accent says it all. They were being treated with great respect by hotel staff. I witnessed their sense of entitlement. They made comments and demanded that they get our palapa the next morning. The servants turned their head down and said “yes.” They made comments like “where are you setting up the hummock for the doctor.” These people made it very clear to us they were middle class and entitled. My fiancé and sister were very upset and wanted to say something. They wanted them to know I am a doctor, too. My brother in law and I who are more calmed, asked them to not make things worse. However, we allowed them to play loud music. Did these 14 people and the hotel employees think about who we could be? Probably not. We seem very ordinary people and we like to be that way. The reality is they try to put us down and we probably make more money than them and have more important jobs. We play low bad try to blend with everyone.

For the hotel, Jazmin is doing a great job. I hope you provide more trainings to your staff to prevent racism and classism. You never know you are dealing with, “las apariencias enganan.” To this family from Queretaro. I do not know anything about you but you behaved with low class. We are all equal in this world. I left Mexico 30 years ago and I still see the racism, classism, and machismo that I saw when I was 18. We can be better and it takes one.

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank 238leticiad
Reviewed 8 September 2020 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed at Quinta real for two nights, and we really liked the hotel rustic, jungle vibe and the service. It is ideal for a romantic get away, it’s quiet, the rooms are spacious and comfortable, and we had a magnificent view from room 107. It is a place to go to relax and unwind. The service was really good, and although at the moment they only have one restaurant open, the drinks and food were great. The whole hotel has a rustic feel to it, the only advice I would give is to update the rooms a bit, and have better towels and pillows. But, other than that we loved it.

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank almadee83
Reviewed 8 March 2020 via mobile

Third time in Huatulco and this is our best stay!!!! Best beach, amazing service (people are suuuuuper kind!), Loved the pool area (the tostadas de atun are a must!!). They allowed us a late check out and were kind and helpful allllll the time. I went with my husband but O want to come back with my girlfriends. The only thing I didn't love was the AC being a bit loud but I just turned it off. Thank you for an amazing stay!!! I have been at the Secrets before and I prefer this 100 per cent

Date of stay: March 2020
3  Thank Florencia B
Quinta Real Huatulco, Otro at Quinta Real Huatulco, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2020

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm delighted that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel. Thank you for your confidence, I would like to comment you that we will be checking its disadvantages with the AC. I hope you will have an enjoyable time on your Huatulco vacations! I look forward to having you as a guest again at the Quinta Real Huatulco!
Best Regards,