2 people are viewing this hotel
US$174
Hotels.comUS$205
Preferred HotelsUS$217
Prestigia.comUS$240
All reviews hotel restaurant hotel is beautiful shuttle bus private beach fish suite iguanas americans secret
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 October 2020

We love Huatulco and have been visiting for 18 years. We visit 2-3 times a year. This is a town with culture, good food, beauty, peace, and great people. I call Huatulco my second home and I dream about going back throughout the year. This is the first time we stayed at Quinta Real. Personally, I prefer hotels that have easy access to the beach but my fiancé wanted to try this place.
Quinta Real is a beautiful waterfront hotel. Our room had a breathtaking view. My sister and her husband joined us this time. They had bad luck with their suite and several issues happened. They wasted hours trying to resolve them. Luckily, Lic. Jazmin, hotel manager was very nice and helpful. She resolved all issues and made sure my sister had a nice and peaceful stay.
All four of us encountered some problems that have to do with racism and classism. The hotel is not responsible but could train their employees better. My sister and I are Mexicans from Guadalajara who migrated to the United States many years ago. Our life, professions, and families are in the U. S. My fiancé and brother in law are Americans. My fiancé is White with blue eyes and my brother in law has very dark skin and brown eyes. My fiancé and I are very relaxed when we are in Huatulco and do not worry about meals until it is time to dinner and we try local restaurants. By sister and her husband like to enjoy every meal in the hotel (room service and hotel restaurant). The third day in Huatulco, they were having breakfast in the hotel restaurant. There was a big group of people, older couples (14 from Queretaro). They seemed friendly, were loud, and spoke with a classy “upper middle class Mexican accent.” The waiter and waitress were working hard to serve them and forgot about my sister and her husband. They did not receive their coffee or bread, like every morning. They asked twice but the servants forgot about it. They were to busy serving people to seemed to be higher class. It was not about the tip. My brother in law has leaving big tips every morning. He was into “helping everyone who is recovering from the impact COVID left.” My sister was upset and complained to the cashier. The waitress changed her attitude and tried to compensate. The waiter seemed upset for a couple of days and had an attitude with us. I saw that when we asked for drinks at the beach.
One morning, I stayed in the hotel doing Zoom work meetings. My fiancé went to the beach early. He asked for beach chairs and tables. The palapas we had been using were taking and he asked for the palapas at the end. He texted me several times asking me to bring the Bluetooth speaker. When I finally walked to the beach, my sister and fiancé were very upset about this family from Queretaro being rude and mean to them. When this family came, they were upset that we had taken the palapa they used the day before. They gave us bad looks and turned their music very loud. At first, they did not know we spoke Spanish and were making rude comments we could hear. My fiancé was waiting for the speaker to compete with them. He was humiliated by the attitude these people were showing. He played heavy rock using the speaker. Every time this family turned their music louder my fiancé turned his louder. After about an hour and older man in that group came and they turned their speaker off. My fiancé turned his off. There was peace after that. This group of people had all the palapas around us. Since I am claustrophobic I felt trapped but survived.
I started this comment by saying “racism and classism.” This group of 14 people from Queretaro were obviously being classist. They are as dark as I am but their accent says it all. They were being treated with great respect by hotel staff. I witnessed their sense of entitlement. They made comments and demanded that they get our palapa the next morning. The servants turned their head down and said “yes.” They made comments like “where are you setting up the hummock for the doctor.” These people made it very clear to us they were middle class and entitled. My fiancé and sister were very upset and wanted to say something. They wanted them to know I am a doctor, too. My brother in law and I who are more calmed, asked them to not make things worse. However, we allowed them to play loud music. Did these 14 people and the hotel employees think about who we could be? Probably not. We seem very ordinary people and we like to be that way. The reality is they try to put us down and we probably make more money than them and have more important jobs. We play low bad try to blend with everyone.

For the hotel, Jazmin is doing a great job. I hope you provide more trainings to your staff to prevent racism and classism. You never know you are dealing with, “las apariencias enganan.” To this family from Queretaro. I do not know anything about you but you behaved with low class. We are all equal in this world. I left Mexico 30 years ago and I still see the racism, classism, and machismo that I saw when I was 18. We can be better and it takes one.

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank 238leticiad
Reviewed 8 September 2020 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed at Quinta real for two nights, and we really liked the hotel rustic, jungle vibe and the service. It is ideal for a romantic get away, it’s quiet, the rooms are spacious and comfortable, and we had a magnificent view from room 107. It is a place to go to relax and unwind. The service was really good, and although at the moment they only have one restaurant open, the drinks and food were great. The whole hotel has a rustic feel to it, the only advice I would give is to update the rooms a bit, and have better towels and pillows. But, other than that we loved it.

Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank almadee83
Reviewed 8 March 2020 via mobile

Third time in Huatulco and this is our best stay!!!! Best beach, amazing service (people are suuuuuper kind!), Loved the pool area (the tostadas de atun are a must!!). They allowed us a late check out and were kind and helpful allllll the time. I went with my husband but O want to come back with my girlfriends. The only thing I didn't love was the AC being a bit loud but I just turned it off. Thank you for an amazing stay!!! I have been at the Secrets before and I prefer this 100 per cent

Date of stay: March 2020
3  Thank Florencia B
Quinta Real Huatulco, Otro at Quinta Real Huatulco, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2020

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm delighted that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel. Thank you for your confidence, I would like to comment you that we will be checking its disadvantages with the AC. I hope you will have an enjoyable time on your Huatulco vacations! I look forward to having you as a guest again at the Quinta Real Huatulco!
Best Regards,

Carlos Márquez

Reviewed 20 February 2020

We visited Quinta Real for a romantic stay. Unfortunately the soundproof of the rooms was not good, we could hear our noisy neighbours talking and watching TV until late in the night. We reported that to reception but nothing was made to sort out our problem. We had couple of drinks by the swimming pool and we saw that the sink of the bar was full of dirty glasses that are washed by hand and not in a washing machine to kill all bacteria, there were many flies around the glasses and fruit that supposed to be disposed in the bean. Just before entering the private beach there was someone trying to sell tours, it was annoying because we wanted to relax not to having to be stopped to hear about tours. That was happening in every corner of Huatulco, finding someone who was trying to sell tours, food and annoying taxi drivers. The staff seemed to be nice only if you tipped them. We had dinner at the restaurant and the food was nothing special, the service was extremely slow. The hotel is located far from the city center, we asked transportation to the reception to go to the city center and they called the hotel shuttle bus , when we arrived to our destination the driver asked for money, when we thought that the shuttle bus was a courtesy service from the hotel ‍♀️.

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank richandi2016
Quinta Real Huatulco, Otro at Quinta Real Huatulco, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2020

Dear Guest,
We thank you for having taken the time to give us an evaluation of your stay. I'm very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. Rest assured that we are passing the information to each department to follow up the inconveniences that you kindly provided us. Likewise, we would also like to tell you that every time you have a setback at the hotel you can contact managers or customer service staff.
I would like to comment that the internal trasportation (shuttle bus) is exclusively for the services within the hotel, for the external services of the guests a taxi is required.
We reiterate once again our sincere apologies for the inconvenience; we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again for you to enjoy the changes we are implementing.

Carlos Marquez

Reviewed 24 January 2020

We had a friend visiting from Peru and we had heard good things about the Quinta Real and we decided to visit the beautiful architecture and viewpoint of the hotel thinking that we might plan to stay at the resort in the future. We called ahead to find out if we could just show up for a drink and lunch and the receptionist was welcoming. When we arrived in our cab, the security people told us that lunch was not available. We then explained what the receptionist had told; the chap made some calls and then told us that yes while the restaurant was under renovation we could actually have lunch at the club de playa. So, we proceeded inside the hotel; hardly any staff were around to greet us; we hardly saw any guests; a strange experience actually for a five-star hotel. We finally found someone to answer some questions on the top level bar of the hotel; but no bar personnel; indeed everything looked as if the staff were all having their break! Suddenly then a bartender arrived and we ordered a drink to have on the terrace overlooking the beautiful Tanglolunde beach...this is a spectacular setting; things started looking up for us; still did not see other guests and very few hotel staff; we enjoyed our drinks and the music was pleasing; we then decided to find the Club for lunch. We had been told they had very good seafood; there was one other table of some tourists there; in such a large five-star resort we were surprised by how cramped this Club de Playa was; we ordered our food; the service was only just satisfactory; the food was quite disappointing. My fish was overcooked, dry and seemed as if it had been prefrozen ... with steamed veg and rice. My friends also were not overjoyed...so, quite disappointing overall. We would not return.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank 1 548 467 519
quintarealhuatulco, Director General at Quinta Real Huatulco, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2020

Dear Guest!
Thank you for taking time to write your comments and appreciation on Tripadvisor.
We always welcome feedback from our valued guests to help us maintain and improve our product and services.
What you described certainly does not meet the standard we set forth, and I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations.
It is always our highest priority to us to ensure that our guests and customers leave the hotel happy and satisfied at all times.
Carlos Marquez