8 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$177
Hotels.comUS$177
eDreamsUS$177
Trip.comUS$177
FindHotelUS$177
CheapTicketsUS$177
All reviews plunge pool chez binni room service private beach all inclusive package quiet hotel peace and quiet all inclusive plan shrimp tacos main pool seafood relaxing vacation mobility issues great pool a la carte mexico city smaller resort
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 February 2020 via mobile

We wanted to escape the city and have a relaxing beach weekend and the Camino Real fulfilled our expectations. The hotel is located on the beach it has a nice Mediterranean design. Our room was right on the beach with its own private pool. The room is simple but comfortable and very specious. The breakfast offer could be improved and there are two options for dinning within the hotel. We had some minor issues but there were quickly resolved. The stuff is very friendly and attentive. Definitely would come back.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jelena942
Ricardo M, Gerente de Division Cuartos at Camino Real Zaashila, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2020

Thank you very much for your kind comments and for sharing your feedback with us.

We are pleased to know that your experience during these days with us in Camino Real Zaashila has been excellent. Your pleasant stay is our main commitment and the teamwork is the key to an unforgettable experience.

We hope to have the honor to receive you again soon in Camino Real Zaashila to create unique and unforgettable moments for you and your family.

Reviewed 4 February 2020

We booked this trip wanting a place to simply relax. And it delivered.

We travelled with our 15 yr old daughter, and she enjoyed it just as much.

This resort is laid back. There is NO music playing by the pool, no pool entertainment, no vendors harassing you at the beach, just peace and quiet.

We booked a room with a plunge pool which was nice, especially for a dip when we came back from being in town during the evening.

What I liked about this resort was that everything was close. No mile long walks from your room to the pool, or the pool to the beach.

The grounds are very neat and clean. There are stairs, so if you have mobility issues, may not be the best place.

The pool is very clean, and cleaned several times through out the day. The towels are unlimited. No towel cards, which was nice. We did not have any problems getting a chair by the pool, but we were up fairly early. Chairs by the beach were a little harder to get, but not impossible. They have a menu service that will deliver to your chair. Lots of seafood if you like that, but also limited sandwiches, salads, etc.

Breakfast was a buffet, with the usual fare.

Lunch was either via pool/beach or restaurant.

Dinner, they alternate between one of the two restaurants. The food is very seafood heavy, so if you do like seafood, which I don’t, options are very limited. We ate in town 5/7 nights. It’s a cheap cab ride in and there are many local bars that play Canadian sports and serve great food. Xiopol, La Crema, Alfredo’s, and many more. No problem to catch a hockey game,

Rooms are very clean. Fridge is stocked daily with pop, water and beer. Premium spirits at the resort, which is nice. There is a hairdryer in the room, small hotel style, but did the job. Bathrooms were clean and spacious, as was the room.

Staff are friendly but speak limited English, so room service may get mixed up but they super accommodating.

We found that the guests at the resort were long time,
repeat visitors. Staff remembered their names and greeted with warm hugs hello and good bye.

The general age group of guests is 45+. So I would not recommend if you are coming with a young crowd looking to party, or with a young family looking for a kids club. But if you want a relaxing vacation, with lots of sun and a warm tropical breeze; a place to read a few books, that’s clean and welcoming, this is it!

If I could suggest anything, it would be for more variety in the restaurant menus. Something other than seafood....

Trip type: Travelled with family
Ricardo M, Gerente de Division Cuartos at Camino Real Zaashila, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2020

Reviewed 4 February 2020 via mobile

We stayed for two weeks with the all inclusive package. The resort is beautiful, the rooms are simple and the bed was very comfortable. We liked that the only buffet was breakfast. The lunch restaurant was amazing, never had a bad meal there. Suppers were a bit confusing at first. Sometimes there was a chalkboard saying what the meal would be, sometimes there wasn’t. The lunch restaurant got converted to a dinner restaurant where you needed reservations on most nights. The thing we liked best is there is no entertainment team yelling in the loudspeaker at the pool all day. It is very quiet and peaceful. If you like to party this would not be the place for you. There is no evening entertainment which was fine with us. The beach is amazing and the pools are great. There seemed to be lots of chairs available except on the weekends it gets a bit busier. We liked that we got beer in bottles or cans and drinks served in glasses, not as much plastic waste. One thing we never had to do at an all inclusive before was sign our bill every time we got something. We didn’t have to pay but I think that’s because most people at this resort are not all inclusive and they don’t give bracelets which we liked. The only criticism we would have is that the service seemed at times inconsistent. For example we had to keep asking to have our bottled water replenished in the room. There didn’t seem to be a system for checking and restocking that which I wouldn’t blame on the maid, she didn’t have the water bottles with her. Seems like an easy problem to solve. Service in the restaurants was mostly good. The staff worked extremely hard and tried their best. We didn’t get service in our lawn chairs but we could get up and get stuff from the bar ourselves. There are a lot of stairs and ramps, would not be good for people that have mobility problems. It is not adults only but there were very few kids here except on weekends. I wouldn’t bring little kids here myself. Railings are not kid friendly and if you want a kids program I don’t think there is one. However the pool and the beach would be great for kids. Would come here again and would recommend it to others.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 February 2020 via mobile

This is a lovely resort. It’s not 5 star but still lovely. I was looking for a quiet and relaxing place to enjoy with my mother and 16 year old daughter. I googled safest places to travel and Huatulco showed up. I had never heard of this destination until that moment and the more I researched the more intrigued I was. We booked a last minute two week package with West Jet Vacations. Our first room was up at the resorts highest point and required a number of stairs. My mother was recovering from hip surgery and I could see this would be a problem. The hotel totally understood and moved us to a room right beside the main pool. Both rooms had a private plunge pool. The first room had a lovely view but if stairs are a problem you will certainly want to make sure to notify the hotel as soon as possible as there aren’t many rooms that don’t require a lot of stairs. I think that’s important to note. The vibe of this hotel is very relaxing. The grounds are very lush and tropical. The pool is beautiful. We spoke to many couples who have returned year after year because of the fact that they truly love this little gem of a hotel. A couple complained that in recent years there are to many tourists coming but after staying at much larger resorts I found this one to be very quiet. It’s not at all a party vibe so if that’s the kind of hotel you are looking for this is not the place for you. The food was decent. They have a good variety and after traveling in Cuba it seemed pretty good but certainly room for improvement. Many people during our stay got sick. I was lucky to not be one but mom and my daughter both fell ill for four days. I heard rumour around the resort that 80% of the hotel was sick. The hotel did bring a doctor on site and everyone said they felt well taken care of. Some blamed water and some blamed salad but I didn’t get sick and ate and drank everything my family did so I honestly think it was just a bad bug. I wouldn’t let that stop me from returning. Writing this because I read reviews where people blamed the hotel and I think that’s pretty sad as there is always a chance one can get ill. Bring all your possible medical ailments with you and that goes for anywhere you travel. I had packed all kinds of things for tummy ailments and I’m glad I did as it really helped those who needed it.
On a more positive note, Huatulco is not a commercialized part of Mexico. It is much more authentic. They cap the amount of new construction that happens and I can appreciate that. The beach at this hotel is stunning and swimmable. I would go back to this hotel for the beach alone. Rooms were large and had everything we needed. Overall it was a good experience. Not luxury but good. I can see easy ways to really make this place more luxurious but the clientele at this resort seem older and they like it as is so I don’t see them spending money to change anything. I highly recommend a turtle release excursion. It was the highlight of our vacation. Oh and I have to mention the weather. Huatulco had the best weather of anywhere we have traveled! It was absolutely perfect EVERY day. Would I go back to this hotel? The answer is yes.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kari1975
Ricardo M, Gerente de Division Cuartos at Camino Real Zaashila, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2020

Reviewed 31 January 2020

This hotel is very beautiful, and relaxing. We enjoyed a 1 week stay at the Camino Real Zaashila for our Anniversary. The rooms are dated but very clean and mini bar stocked daily. We had a plunge pool totally recommend this worth the upgrade . Housekeeping did an amazing job making sure we had all that we needed for our room, they work so hard ❤ . The morning breakfast buffet was very good, but you are limited to a la carte only one open at a time makes it difficult if you don't like fish. No entertainment, absolutely no music at this resort, great if you need total silence and rest. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend anyone looking for a quite resort this is amazing.

Room tip: Plunge pool ground level worth every extra penny
Date of stay: January 2020