4 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 21/05/01
eDreamsUS$145
Hotels.comUS$145
Lol.travelUS$191
All reviews plunge pool chez binni room service private beach all inclusive package quiet hotel peace and quiet all inclusive plan shrimp tacos main pool seafood relaxing vacation low season mobility issues great pool a la carte mexico city
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 February 2019 via mobile

What a beautiful place to visit. Weather was in the 30s all week. The resort was very nice. Old time Spanish atmosphere. If you are ok with serenity and a less fancy resort this is the one to go to.
We enjoyed the quietness as when we arrived it was fantastic. You and maybe 3 others were the only ones in the pool at the same time. The pool is great only 4 ft and you can either swim or just walk around. It is quite large. The infinity pool is also quite lovely. The view from there is beautiful. They also serve their serve cerveza in cans so bring koolie kups.
The food is wonderful. Chez Binini was ok...but I liked the other restaurant much better. They make the best coconut shrimp, guacamole and ceviche and my husband really enjoyed the octopus, quite tender.
We didn't go on any excursions but we walked down the hill to the little village and walked around one day and went to the town of La Crucecita a couple of days. We had the coldest DOS XX cerveza at La Catrina's. The market was fabulous you can find any little trinket, piece of clothing, mezcal, hot sauce, etc...etc...
Our favorite waiter and waitress at our resort were Juvenal and Juanita. They work the beach, pool and restaurants. They are amazing workers. We left Juvenal a camouflage Canadian Tire hat for him the day we left. I hope he received it as he wasn't working until 3:00 and we left around noon.
A few dislikes were the air conditioner was quite loud but it worked great. Our maid did pretty much nothing on a few days but surely took our tip...be careful. The waiters and hostesses working the morning buffet could be more efficient for sure. The water at the beach was very rough. I didn't even go in as I was sure to toss and turn in the wake..I usually prefer the ocean, but not this time. Also they only give you 100 pesos a day if you need to exchange any money.
It's too bad that they had a Spanish soap opera being filmed there when we were there. Quite busy, noisy, and very dangerous with their wiring and equipment..

On the breakfast buffet Natalia and the wonderful omelette lady rocked it....they work so hard.

We would definitely go back. The hospitality was wonderful and the food was great. Very, very, hot there. So if you like 33-37 degree weather it's the place for you.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kathleen B
Ricardo M, Gerente de División Cuartos at Camino Real Zaashila, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2019

Thank you very much for your kind comments and for sharing your feedback with us.

We are pleased to know that your experience during these days with us in Camino Real Zaashila has been excellent. Your pleasant stay is our main commitment and the teamwork is the key to an unforgettable experience.

We hope to have the honor to receive you again soon in Camino Real Zaashila to create unique and unforgettable moments for you and your family.

Reviewed 15 February 2019 via mobile

Overall our vacation was what we needed-sun, sand and relaxation. Our room was beautiful and we were able to listen to the waves. The beach was never busy as it’s in a secluded spot with fantastic snorkelling right there. The pool was perfect and never busy as most of the hotel visitors were older retired people. The food was good but very limited with only two places for dinner, one being the buffet. Sadly during our visit most everyone got sick so we weren’t able to enjoy too much of the food. I willl say the room service food was fabulous!
The staff were all very friendly and always happy to please and help with learning Spanish.
My one complaint would that there no entertainment- nothing. It would be nice to have something in the evenings, even every other night! Wonderful piano bar but no one playing it! I can do without the activity team, like so many all-inclusive resorts, bugging you all day but I did miss something to do at night.
We did the turtle release excursion and thoroughly enjoyed it, except for the van ride there and back! But it was worth the experience and the amazing sunset.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leslie S

Reviewed 15 February 2019

First time staying in Huatulco and Camino Real. It is a beautiful resort and the views from our room was beautiful. It is very quiet no entertainment which was perfect (was hoping for some salsa music in the lounge to dance to but really can't complain about that) My husband and I have traveled to different locations annually for years. This was the first location that the food was really good and the booze was the real stuff. The hard stuff was not watered down and I actually enjoyed the wine. I drink awesome BC wine so this is a big deal to have nice wine on vacation.
I really do not have high expectations when I travel so this resort had a lot of pluses. Now for the disappointments. During check in I asked before we headed to our room it there was a King bed. I was told there was and even signed paperwork saying it was. Our room ended up having 2 double beds. Nothing was done about it until I spoke to our air transat rep who got us in a king room 2 days later. The wifi connection could be better. You only had it available near the lobby. At the bar would of been better. The beach needs more palapas as the front ones are taken up very early in the morning. I had to get up at 5:45 every morning to make sure we have one. Many were reserved at that time and would never be occupied till later. The only thing I didn't like and made me grumpy was there is no coffee available till 7am and it was not the best. Coffee as the sun rises was missed.

Room tip: the higher rooms give the best ocean view from the balcony
2  Thank Tina K

We thank you for choosing Camino Real Zaashila and for sharing your nice comments and recommendations with us as well.

We are glad to know that your stay in general has been very pleasant and that our staff could make you feel like in the right for your vacation.

We appreciate your feedback and we are going to work on them with the staff involved to reinforce these important points of service.

We would be pleased to have you back soon at Camino Real Zaashila and wishfull to welcome you again.

At your service anytime…

Reviewed 11 February 2019

We arrived as a couple Jan 8 2019 and stayed for 1 week. We both work in retail and after the hustle of the xmas season we needed to relax and disconnect. This is why you should choose this resort. No nightly entertainment to guilt you into staying up and nobody to beg you day in and day out to exercise or play games.This is what we were looking for. HOWEVER...as nice as that sounded there are at least 20 people per day that will walk up to your palapa on the beach and solicit their wares or offer their excursions. This gets old super fast. I would rather they just had a common area where you could visit if you wanted to to check things out. This was an annoyance. The beach service was spotty to begin with but once we connected with a waiter we liked, we were treated well and tipped him accordingly. He went out of his way to do everything he could for us. The beach is beautiful. There was not a stitch of seaweed to be seen the whole week and combined with the very consistent weather and minimal rainfall in this part of Mexico is the reason we will return to this area. We thought our room was fantastic. Comfortable bed, no water issues and the temp was perfect. To the people who complain about it being run down....I would like to ask them what others would say if they were to vacation in their home? To whose standards are these people comparing. Like really? Pay no attention to anyone who says the rooms could be better. They are wonderful. The cleaning products made the room smell so good, even the toilet paper has a fresh scent to it that I couldn't pinpoint. We upgraded to a beach front pool room but in the end found that it wasn't necessary. We barely used it and spent all of our days on the beach. The pool is gorgeous and sparkling clean and perfect temp. This is NOT a location for anyone who has mobility issues. The beach is small so if you are a lover of long beach walks...reconsider. There are 2 locations to eat dinner that rotate nightly. One of them you have to take a reservation for in the morning. Both offer the same limited menu every time. I don't eat seafood and found the options limited.You do have the option of room service however, the food will be luke warm at best and unpredictable. Items forgotten, or just completely wrong. I ordered the same breakfast 3 times and got 3 different meals. Most of this problem is a language barrier. It would be easier to order by number. Breakfast is a small buffet with basically the same items daily, but good. Try the Mexican coffee in the crock...it's a nice treat. Our flight out was delayed once we hit the airport by half a day. After calling the hotel we were allowed to come back. They stored out luggage for us. We pulled out our suits and spent the afternoon by the pool, however we had to pay for our own food and drinks at that point. It would have been nice for them to make an exception. We were very happy to discover this beautiful part of Mexico and will return to the area. The only reason I think we would try a different resort is the limited dining options.

Room tip: Ground floor for ease of access. everything is ocean view. Pool room was not used but would be good if you have children.
Date of stay: January 2019
3  Thank Laurie F
Carlos M, Director General at Camino Real Zaashila, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2019

I thank you for choosing Camino Real Zaashila and for sharing your nice comments and recommendations with us as well.

I appreciate your feedback and we are going to work on them with the staff involved to reinforce these important points of service.

Reviewed 11 February 2019

We just returned from a week at the Camino Real. As a couple in our late-thirties, I was looking for a quiet, clean place to get away, and this fit the bill and more. We had a great time overall.

Rooms:
- All of the rooms have an ocean view
- There are no 'loud' or 'quiet' places in the resort - it's all quiet
- Some rooms have plunge pools. Ours didn't and I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything at all
- Our room was near the lobby so we were able to get WIFI in the room
- Overall, very clean, comfortable beds, sheets, snacks and drinks replenished daily

Food/Dinning:
- I would give the food a solid 'good' overall
- Breakfast was the best, with fresh fruit, made-to-order eggs, omlettes, quesedillas and a buffet with lots of variety. Also open from 7 - noon.
- Lunch took a few days to figure out what we liked, but also lots of variety at the beach restaurant, and they would accommodate requests not on the menu
- A-la-carte restaurants were okay, not great. Dinner buffet was a bit hit or miss. But you always had the option to order room service which was great.
- You could order room service to the beach any time, which was a really nice touch and also meant you could get food at any time (not just when restaurants were open)
- You did have to sign out a cheque each time you left a restaurant or bar, which was a little off putting. This is because of the people who are visiting the resort condos (not all inclusive). It took a few days of getting used to, but we never had any issues about incurring additional expenses this way.

Beach:
- Beautiful, quiet beach. Not shared with other resorts
- On the small side, not great for 'walking the beach', unless you don't mind going back and forth
- the flags were always red, and the waves were huge some days. I think this is just based on where the resort is in the bay. You were still able to swim
- Not great snorkeling, due to the waves

Other:
- Overall, we had a great experience
- Staff were excellent across the board
- Very clean resort
- Beautiful beach and pool
- Quiet, respectful, older crowd, along with some families for shorter weekend/day stays

5  Thank YYZtravel26