Lowest prices for your stay
US$167
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$167
eDreamsUS$167
FindHotelUS$167
All reviews plunge pool chez binni room service private beach all inclusive package quiet hotel peace and quiet all inclusive plan shrimp tacos main pool seafood relaxing vacation mobility issues great pool a la carte mexico city smaller resort
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 December 2018

To be fair, we stayed at a VRBO condo attached to the Camino Real. It was booked through My Huatulco Vacation Property Rentals. The hotel and the condo association obviously were at odds with each other and we were caught in the middle of a very nasty situation. Our condo was at the very top portion of the Camino Real property. Upon arrival, the hotel gave us a ride, in a golf cart, up to our unit. Later on the same day, their front desk directed us to a local grocery store where we were able to purchase a few items for our week's stay. The hotel, again, gave us a ride up the hill and even helped carry several bags of supplies up three flights of stairs to our condo (the highest property at the resort). The next day we frolicked in the water at the hotel beach, had a lovely meal at the main restaurant, and enjoyed cocktails at the pool. I fully intended to speak with the hotel about reserving several rooms for my family over the Thanksgiving holiday. Well - things changed the next day - November 1st 2018. The hotel no longer recognized us as guests. We were treated like second cousins (or worst!). Not only did they refuse to give us shuttle service up to our condo, but we were told we could not even walk on the road from the hotel lobby to our condo or to the main road where we had to catch taxis! Mind you, we paid 800 pesos each day to use the resort's beach and have access to their restaurants and bars! I have no clue what the issues between the condo association and the resort are, but NEVER should a paying guest be inconvenienced and treated so poorly. I will NEVER return to this property - not the condos nor the hotel. The property is not unique and their short sighted customer service position appalling.

Room tip: Ground level rooms have "dipping" pools; do not stay in condos if you want hotel services
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Punky101
Ricardo M, Gerente de Divisón Cuartos at Camino Real Zaashila, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2018

Good day, we ask you to contact the owner of the condominium that you rented, because you can better explain the current situation with these condominiums, since he is aware of this situation. We hope that you will allow us to live the Camino Real service

Reviewed 27 November 2018

This was our second trip to the Huatulco area and our first stay at the Camino Real. It was absolutely awesome. Checked in on November 13 for 1 week. Great food and atmosphere. Such a beautiful location. Staff were amazing and always willing to assist and have fun. Always laughing and joking around. Rooms were great as we loved our morning coffee on the deck overlooking the beach and ocean. Great way to celebrate both our 50th birthdays and 25th wedding anniversary. Looking forward to returning.

Room tip: All rooms seem to have an Ocean View.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Dwayne B
Ricardo M, Gerente de Divisón Cuartos at Camino Real Zaashila, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2018

Thank you very much for your kind comments and for sharing your feedback with us.

We are pleased to know that your experience during these days with us in Camino Real Zaashila has been excellent. Your pleasant stay is our main commitment and the teamwork is the key to an unforgettable experience.

We hope to have the honor to receive you again soon in Camino Real Zaashila to create unique and unforgettable moments for you and your family.

Reviewed 26 November 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful vacation at the Camino Real. It’s a beautiful resort with amazing views and beautiful beach.
I loved the fact that there is only wifi in the lobby which doesn’t always work. People talked to each other and the internet will be there when you get home.
Food options where limited but the Tuna was amazing and we loved all the seafood
I didn’t like the fact that we had to sign for every meal and drink but understand that not all guest are all inclusive.
It’s not a party place but it made us feel like home for the week that we where there.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dex318
Ricardo M, Gerente de Divisón Cuartos at Camino Real Zaashila, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2018

At your service anytime.

Reviewed 25 November 2018

Well I have visited the Zaashila everytime I have come to Huatulco, this was my 10th visit since 2000. I have always stayed in a condo within the Zaashila and have always enjoyed my stays, but this time I was soured by my experience.

Checked in on Thursday Nov. 15, condo had not been cleaned, although it was not really dirty, the bed clothing needed to be changed, and a member of the Zaashila staff inspected the room with me. Told the rep I would like to have it new bed clothing,was told would see what could be done, nothing was done. Anytime I asked any of the Zaashila staff my requests fell on deaf ears, nothing was done, and it appeared the staff had been told by management not to help guests of the condos. Every other previous visit was wonderful, however this trip was uncomfortable to say the least. Whenever I left the Zaashila, they would not let me in the main gate when I returned, I had go to down the street to a seconday gate and then had to access the Zaashila by walking down a steep incline to the pool area, which I refused to do at night, fearing I could injure myself. Even up leaving, my taxi was not allowed to come up to the reception area to pick me up. All in all a very negative experience.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank lamarlafongCleveland

We hope that you will allow us to live the Camino Real service.

Reviewed 20 November 2018 via mobile

My family decided to rent a villa for my parents 50th wedding anniversary.If your looking for a place that is quiet and relaxing this is the place for you.The resort is small and only has two resteraunts and only one open at a time.We bought are own groceries as most accomadations here are rentals with full kitchens.The resort shuts down by 10pm every night so extremely quiet!!The beach is very nice and clean with exceptional views of the bay.I personally enjoy more action so this was not a trip i would do again.That being said your only 15mins from down town and if you like privacy and quiet this is the place for you.I seen alot of couples with new borns so it does accomadate for young children.There is a large pool but no swim up bar.There is an waiter available if you choose to eat or drink by the pool.The villa was expensive at 1000$usd a night but did accomadate 9 people fairly comfortably.Had full kitchen and infiniti pool.The rooms were large and had cable tv with limited english channels.

Trip type: Travelled with family