3 people are viewing this hotel
Reviews (3 271)
3 271 results
1 797
1 797
All reviews floor restaurant seventh floor beach pool a la carte huge balcony fish shuttle service mobility issues lobby bar rooms are big upper pool bottled water tangolunda bay smaller resort lounge chairs quiet hotel renovated room
Selected filters
4 - 9 of 3 271 reviews
Reviewed 1 August 2020

Animación abi, Blanca berni y Javier
They were so kind and had fun activities for us to do! We played catch baby, water aerobics, had dance classes, and many other activities everyday! Super fun group and kept the hotel exiting and entertaining!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Arturo Villaseñor, Promocionar at Park Royal Beach Huatulco, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2020

Thank you for your preference and for your kind review. It was a pleasure to welcome you at Park Royal Huatulco. We are truly grateful for your appreciation towards the service provided and for highlighting how much you enjoyed your stay. Your satisfaction as guest is our priority. We are certain that we can make you feel at home every time you come. We will be waiting for your visit.

Reviewed 7 April 2020

This was our 3 vacation staying at the Park Royal, Huatulco in February, we stayed for three weeks this time. The Hotel is very clean and grounds are well kept. Lots of upgrades happening at the resort as well. We absolutely Love our room, Royal Master Suite the views are stunning, the room is spacious and balcony is large with lounge chairs for you to enjoy. The staff at this resort are lovely especially Soledad she is the best bartender, so kind and thoughtful and makes a great cocktail, along with Franco who works either at the al a carte or the buffet, we love coming back to see these wonderful people. Lots of walking at this resort but it's well worth it. Just choose a room 7th floor and above so you can enjoy the great sea views, all rooms face the ocean. The weather in Huatulco is HOT and NO RAIN. AMAZING!!!! See you next year

Room tip: Rooms 7th floor and above have great ocean views
Date of stay: February 2020
Arturo Villaseñor, Promocionar at Park Royal Beach Huatulco, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2020

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Park Royal Huatulco as host of your recent holidays and for the time taken to share your charming experience. It is very rewarding to know how much you enjoyed your recent stay. Our aim is to go beyond your expectations and we are content to find out that we are achieving it. We are certain that we can make you feel at home every time you come. We will be waiting for your visit.

Reviewed 1 April 2020

This was our first time staying in this part of Mexico - it is stunning!
The resort grounds are well kept, clean but if you have any sort of mobility issues you will want to look at another option as this resort is built into the mountainside. Overall the food service staff is fabulous. A special shout out to service staff Soledad, Laticia and Aldair (there are many others) - all lovely people.

Maid service - as travelers this is one service where guests should feel especially safe and secure because of what we keep in our rooms. I have traveled quite a bit and I have never experienced the invasion of privacy that I did during my week stay; one of the maids felt it was her right to rifle through my clothing and steal a few of my expensive undergarments. I reported the theft to the front reception staff and was repeatedly put off. One of the supervisors did come up to our room to look around, not sure what the purpose of that was, and confirmed my items were not in the room. Apparently the maid who did this was fired because she was accused of a similar theft a few months before. At no time was there any conversation about compensating me for my items (trust me I tried and would have happily provided copies of receipts). Instead we were told they could not believe the amount I would spend on these items. On the day we left, and only then, were we told that we should file a police report but that we would have to go downtown to do this. By then it was too late to do anything about it. Unacceptable.
Another issue I have with the maid service is the treatment of personal property. I have often wondered if cleaning staff do anything with guest toothbrushes. Well now it has been confirmed. One evening my husband said to me his toothbrush tasted funny, and to further confirm this type of activity. I was speaking with another guest who mentioned how she found black hair intertwined in her toothbrush; she's a blonde.
Unacceptable. Because of this I will be keeping my toothbrush in the safe when I'm not in my room.
The matter of invasion of privacy, theft and common decency are significant areas this hotel needs to address. We work hard to afford our vacations and for disgruntled employees to take out their unhappiness on their situation on guests is shameful.

Front reception - I understand we are in a Spanish speaking country, but it is important to have someone available at the reception desk at all times who understands and speaks English, especially considering the number of American and Canadian visitors. If there weren't so many English speaking visitors this would not be an issue.

Rooms - the rooms are well appointed and have lovely views of the bay.

Food - I thought the food at the formal and buffet restaurants were very tasty. There was always a good variety of dining options. I cannot comment on the food available in the pool area as I did not eat from it.

Transportation - I’ve never stayed at a resort where there was a transportation system and it worked well overall although as the number of guests decreased so did this service. Walking up to the units on the 10th floor in the evening was fine, but in the heat of the day not so much. On the day of our departure, our group of six made specific arrangements for transportation from the 10th floor so that we could meet our pre-arranged taxi at a set time - it was very late and as a result we were rushed going to the airport and were unable to make previously planned stops.
I am of the opinion that you take care of the guests that you have, don't forget about them.

Pools - the 7th floor and ground level pools are both a decent size, clean and well maintained.

Beach - Tongalunda Bay is beautiful, steep and clean. The sand can get hot, but once you run towards the water where the sand and water meet the sand feels good on the feet. The water is clean and warm, and at times the surf is too rough to swim in. There is good snorkeling further down towards Dreams in front of the resort.

I am rating this resort a three based on the negative experiences I had. If it weren't for those I would have rated this resort a four. The service staff (restaurants and bars) are lovely and I wish them lots of success and happiness and encourage them to keep doing the great work they are doing. I am sorry I will not be returning to the resort to tell you in person how lovely I think you are.

Room tip: I think rooms on floors seven and above afford the best views of the bay
Date of stay: March 2020
Arturo Villaseñor, Promocionar at Park Royal Beach Huatulco, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2020

First and foremost, we would like to express our gratitude for staying at Park Royal Huatulco. It is with great concern that we read your comments. It disappoints us to know that we did not succeed in meeting your needs, for which we apology. The corresponding departments have been aware of this situation in order to avoid future discontents. We hope you granted us the opportunity to change your perspective towards the resort.

Reviewed 25 March 2020

I am very surprised to hear about what went on during our stay here as I have stayed here 2 other times under different ownership and have never had an issue and to be honest a much better experience. Staff do not seem as happy, the activities are lacking and the music by the pool/beach could be better, but I want to start by saying the positive, this hotel has some great views, the food has gotten better and they really tried to take every precaution necessary during the CO-VID 19 crisis which was great to see, for their safety and ours.

I am more so dissapointed as I had talked to a woman after overhearing her at the front desk talk about theft of 2 of her items (bras, although expensive ones as they are the bigger you are) and another person had their ear buds lifted. Both people were staying on the 7th floor so we believe it was the cleaning lady. Although they had let management know, they had mentioned this had happened before and did not let this employee go.
Only about a day later, she went on to try to decode the safe in someones room and caused the safe to not open, she let the tenants know when they came back to the room and when they called down to ask for help from management they said she had already told them, we are just wondering what she was doing as the safe in the closet as it doesnt need cleaning. Same floor, same cleaning lady.

We had also heard of a womans toothbrush that was in a toothbrush case having black hair on it, and our rooms floor looked like they hadn't been mopped in a while.

And finally, a family getting ready to leave was notified of charges for one more person just before they were leaving of $1000.

I have to say I am dissapointed as although our stay was fine, it has changed a lot and I wouldnt necessarily say for the better. I wouldn't recommend given these items and I also wont be coming back to this hotel for these reasons.

This was always a clean, lively hotel with great accomodating staff and a lot of fun to stay and relax. That is definitely not the case anymore.

Huatulco is an amazing place, there are just a lot better places to stay than this one.

Date of stay: March 2020
Arturo Villaseñor, Promocionar at Park Royal Beach Huatulco, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2020

First and foremost, we would like to express our gratitude for staying at Park Royal Huatulco. It is with great concern that we read your comments. It disappoints us to know that we did not succeed in meeting your needs, for which we apology. We are working on this issues for these inconveniences not to take place again. We would be pleased to welcome you again to demonstrate the improvements achieved.

Reviewed 22 March 2020 via mobile

This is a smaller resort. Compared to other resort areas in Mexico, less people speak English but they were all super friendly even though we were almost the last guests due to the virus and the staff knew they were going to lose thie jobs or have their hours cut. The food was good. The rooms are big with great views. I suggest getting building 7 if possible as its close to one of the pools, bars and restaurants. Most people seem to go to the beach bar which is across the road and a short walk but they run shuttles often and we only walked once, by choice. The rooms are built on a very steep slope but again the shuttles mean you dont have to walk. There wasnt much night life but we were okay with that. The watervis okay to drink although we chose to drink the bottled water. The beach and general area is the cleanest Ive seen in Mexico.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank marilyntraveller_57
Arturo Villaseñor, Promocionar at Park Royal Beach Huatulco, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2020