All reviews street view mexican charm heart of downtown rustic style reception desk within walking distance off street parking secure parking location is great bed was comfortable rooms are clean central location nice pool bw juan convenience jr
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

It has no elevator. Tight parking lot but there was someone looking out for the parking. The bathroom door was squeaky. Excellent location. Friendly staff. Good view from our balcony. Overall it was a nice stay.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2018

This place is an old Local Hotel remodeled and in excellent condition, it kept their "rustic/western" style, do not expect a modern design. Staff is very helpful and have no issue with English, they have good security. Rooms are good (still on the rustic style) and very clean. The AC has a couple of switches that you need to turn on. It is fairly close to the main night venues, but also faily away that you will sleep without street noise. The restaurant is right next to the main entrance, very good food in there.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

The Best Western has got to be the worst place I have stayed at. Arrived Friday afternoon. If you want to pay in cash you must wait until the end of your stay to pay. If you wish to pay there they charge 25 dollars to cancel the card that you used to reserve your stay with. They hold your payment a whole 2 months before your stay. We arrive to our hotel and the hotels are a bit more modern then others we’ve stayed at. Saturday we go out to breakfast right next door called El Cid (not the greatest food) leave for about 3 hours. We come to find no towels in our hotel room. They had take all the towels and left us none. The beds were not cleaned, trash was not taken out, nothing had been done. Called room service to ask for towels waited 30 minutes. Later that night I turn on faucet and it smells like sewer. The pool is underneath a big old tree. They clean the pool in the morning but throughout the day leaves fall on the pool and don’t clean it. You have to wait for someone to buzz in to park in the structure. Worst service we have ever received. Never staying here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank lauragH4510GL
JoseRendon, Manager at Best Western El Cid, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Mrs. Laura G
Let me apologize for any inconvenience you mey have had on your stay.
I´m very concerned, what you are stating in your comments is totally different from our policy’s, if this is correct we must re-train who ever helped you at check-in, it would be very helpful if you could let me know your arrival time on Friday so I can do that.
When you pay cash for a room it is always up front, never when you leave (I believe in every hotel in the world).
If you make your reservation and guarantee it with a credit card, we do not charge it, the only time we charge that card is when you fail to arrive.
You can change cards any time you like, reserve with one pay with another one you can pay with several cards, pay cash and card. No problem, no extra charge ever.
I´m very intrigued when you say ¨ They hold your payment for a whole 2 months ¨, can you please explain? I really would like to know how we do this.
You left for 3 hours and your room was not made up, you have to know that the maid does not come to do your room as soon as you step out of it, the reason why you found your room not ready and no towels is simply because it was not finished, in most hotels across the world the standard number of rooms assigned to a maid is between 9 and 12, they work from 8 to 5 with one hour for lunch, so they have until maybe 4:15 to start your room and have it ready by 5. Of course if you hang the Please Make My Room sign, yours will be done as soon as humanly possible.
Our pool has to big old beautiful trees and several palm trees, our personnel regularly take the leaves out, this is the first time in 30 years anyone has ever complained about this, again sorry if the leaves cleaning were not frequent enough, I will certainly take it under advice.
Our parking is secured, so we do have control of who enters and who leaves our property, you may find it annoying, most guests prefer it that way.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

Although I have stayed in Ensenada many times, this was my first time here as I booked my rooms late and my normal spots were booked. So the staff was very friendly and accommodating, rooms were clean and spacious. Each room had a fridge and a bar sink. So my main complaint was we had serious issues with the room charge for more than we agreed on. We agreed on $87. out the door, then we were charged $123. After having spent too much time trying to correct it, it was lowered to $97. A major pain. Then the Wifi totally sucked everywhere. Was never corrected during my 2 night stay. Probably will not be back....

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Pjveetwin

Dear Mr Pjveetwin
I´m glad you decided to stay with us, however, I´m very concerned about the trouble with the rate. Our rates are posted at the front desk, for every room available, this rates may be lowered for instance if you are a AAA member or you are a resident of Baja California you receive a 10% discount, provided you show your card (AAA) or ID (Resident).
The receptionist has no authority to negotiate the rate with a customer, any special discount must be approved by me.
I would really like to get to the bottom of this, please contact me and provide me with the date you arrived approximate time of arrival, your method of payment, if you remember your room number. gm@hotelelcid.com.mx , my sincere apologies.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

Stopped in here for lunch while in Ensenada for the day. The food was pretty good and the best part it was super cheap! I had a Sol and I can't remember what I had to eat. It was delicious though and i'd return.

Room tip: not sure about that
Date of stay: February 2018