Review Highlights
Great excitment

Ensenada has changed since I was here before it is a hopping place on the Saturday I was... read more

Reviewed 6 March 2020
275MichaelG
Lampang, Thailand
Vibrant atmosphere

This street is close to the waterfront. There's a lot of food stalls around here. It is a busy and... read more

Reviewed 8 January 2020
bucketlisttravellers
Sydney, Australia
via mobile

Google
Recommended experiences in and around Ensenada
from US$65,39
from US$31,00
from US$32,06
from US$32,50
More Info
All reviews el rey sol fun street cruise ship hopping place south end mexico ships souvenir silver deals tijuana port
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 August 2014

As with Avenida Ruiz, First Street caters to cruise ship patrons, so on cruise ship days they tend to be a bit crowded, but fun nevertheless. As with other downtown areas where souvenirs are sold, the bargaining is better on non-cruise ship days. This is the only place for a wide range of souvenirs now that La Bufadora has shut down. You will enjoy a walk down First Street with its many shops and good eats, singing Mariachis and more. They have wonderful art pieces as well.

Date of experience: August 2014
7  Thank R C
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and I stopped in Ensenada when we sailed the Pacific Coast with Disney Cruise Line. After we took an excursion to the wine country in the valley about 30-minutes from Ensenada, the tour dropped us downtown before we headed back to the ship.

I was surprised about the amount of bars (I feel like I saw 14 Papas and Beer locations in one block) and shops that sold the same, cheap souvenirs. There were, however, a few gems to be found. In fact, my husband still remembers fondly the time where he held a baby tiger and got the picture to prove it in a shop in Ensenada! I found a shop that sold local artwork and picked up a great one-of-a-kind souvenir: a numbered and signed 2x3" painting of a stylized cruise ship by a local artist. It fit perfectly in our scrapbook!

We took a cab for less than $5 back to the cruise ship. There is a particular corner where "official" cabs are waiting to take tourists back to the ships, so check with your cruise director about how to get back to the port once you're dropped off and enjoy Ensenada!

Date of experience: September 2013
11  Thank Artemis927
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Just like the title states, if you are in Ensenada this is the Main Street with fun bars, tasty restaurants that serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The food is mainly seafood for great prices. All meals were around 50 dollars for the 5 of us.

Date of experience: July 2014
5  Thank Kirill A
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is a street dedicated to selling trinkets to tourists. Pushy salesmen, and cheap good should be expected. On the plus side...it's clean. Wasn't worth getting off the boat for.

Date of experience: July 2014
3  Thank Ixjc7
Reviewed 29 April 2014

If you come to Ensenada...this street is a must see at least once. Cobblestone street and outdoor cafes fill the street. The South end in my opinion is nicer. The North end is filled with bars. Liquor stores let you "taste" the goods in hopes of you buying. Yes...tons of street vendors. All in all, worth a visit.

Date of experience: April 2014