“We were blown away by their hospitality & kindness”
other traveller has booked this property
Cleaning at villas Living area
Outdoor
Baan Malisa - sleeps up to 4
Baan Malisa
Wine list
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Indonesian first
Any
h0neynh
Shah Alam, Malaysia
“We were blown away by their hospitality & kindness”
Reviewed 22 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013

I have so many good things to say about our stay at Baan Malisa. In summary, the staff go the extra mile before & even after your stay at their beautiful villa.

I travelled with my husband & 3 kids (9, 6 & 5 yo). We stayed there for 6 days & 5 nights. Yes, the villa is somewhat away from Ao Nang town , but the villa provides tuk tuk service from 9am to 9pm to anywhere around Ao Nang. Our kids really enjoyed the tuk tuk rides. They even provided us with a mobile phone to contact the villa management, to call the friendly tuk tuk driver, or to make any local calls at any time. This was useful when we were arranging our trips with local tour agencies (for island hopping, trip to Phi Phi, elephant trekking, snake show etc.)

In term of villa facilities, the villa has everything we needed, from the kitchen to the pool. We love the surrounding. Kids could enjoy the pool at any time they wish.

What I really wanted to highlight here is the staffs' attentiveness & kindness. We had some trouble with our credit card transaction at the King Cobra Show. We ended up paying cash. Upon my return to Malaysia, I received the card statement showing that the payment actually went through. I requested help from the villa crew by email, to check with the King Cobra Show. The villa staff, Sawitree, actually visited the place to check on this issue & informed them to provide us the refund. How about that? Isn't that going the extra mile?

This is actually my second stay at a baan under Krabi Villa. In February,I stayed at Baan Gecko for 3 nights with friends. Because I was truly impressed by Krabi, the food, the islands AND the villa, I returned in December with my family.

Would I go to Krabi again? Definitely.
Would I stay at Baan Malisa again? WITHOUT A DOUBT!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything about the villa
Liked least: No security guard at night. It would be great to have a nightwatch as the place is too quiet & a lil scary during the night.
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
21 Dec 2013
Dear honeybee,
Thank your for your review we truly appreciate your feedback.
We hope to see you and your family here again very soon.

Best Wisher.
Krabi Riviere team
Melbourne
Reviewed 24 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

24 Aug 2013
Dear Jeremy,

Thank your for your review we truly appreciate your feedback.
We hope to see you and your family here again very soon.

Best Wisher.
Sara and the Krabi Riviere team
Maevepek
“Nice architecture but too inaccessible”
Reviewed 8 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Stayed three nights at baan malisa. The villa is very beautifully decorated but location is too inconvenient! Taxi drivers do not know where the villa is and there seems to be no address for this unit. Hence, the place is only accessible via the villa's Tuk Tuk, which is available only from 9am-10pm. So if you are planning on having late nights out, this is not the place for you. But if you are not planning to go out much then you can consider getting this place. The first night at this villa scared my family and I out of our wits. At around 350am local time we heard a very loud banging of one of the bedroom doors. All the doors and windows around the house were tightly shut, so it couldn't have been the wind. The bedroom door was only accessible within the house and we also heard scuttling of animals (could be rats) across the roof of the house. One of my family members saw a white orb in the room and a female calling her name after the loud banging. After this incident, for the next two nights, all four of us squeezed into one bedroom. Truly nightmarish. The driver (san) assigned to us also wasn't too friendly and did not seem to care much about our safety. He dropped us off at the villa when it was dark and took off before we could even unlock the gate. The area was very dark as there were no lightings around. He could have at least waited for us to unlock the gate before taking off like that. On the last night, upon our request and a tip, he finally got out of the car to wait for us and to help us push the heavy gate. The other driver, however, did all these without us telling him to do so. San also raised his voice when we were a few minutes late to the pick up point. There really isn't much service to speak of. The villa managers also did not enquire if we had a comfortable stay, etc. although they were very responsive to our calls. I felt a little more proactiveness and care from the managers would have given guests a better experience. I wouldn't recommend this place unless you have an appetite for supernatural experiences and secludedness.

Value Location
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
7 Jul 2013
We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time at Baan Malisa.

Had we been better informed of your concerns at the time, we could have helped to address your needs and make your stay more comfortable.

With respect to the noises heard at night, the banging of the door would be due to the fact that the deadbolt at the base of the french doors was not securely fastened in the floor. This allows them to move slightly, regardless of the fact that there may not have been winds that evening. Noises heard on the roof can be traced back to the palm branches which overhang the side of the house which hosts the bedrooms.
These are common issues, but not something to be concerned about from a client safety perspective.
Thankfully there is no presence of 'the supernatural'. :-)

Please be assured that we will address the issue of the driver, so that this does not happen to future clientele at Baan Malisa.

A quality experience at the highest level is our ultimate goal, and your feedback is appreciated.

Kind regards

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
27 Apr 2013
Dear Morv,

Thank you very much for your stay at Baan Malisa Villa.

We now has replaced the new set of Pool furniture ( We did replaced them since we have received your review).

In regards of the Maid service, We apologize for not being check them work but We will used your words to chairs and will try to upgrade whatever need for our guests to stay as the most comfortable.

We hope we will have chance to service you again in the near future.

Very sincerely yours,

Krabi Villa by Krabi Riviera company
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing