“Why bother”

Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Whittlesey
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Poor food, terrible service, over priced beer avoid at all costs plenty of better pubs to drink in whittlesey

2  Thank kimcrown17
"menu"
"tracy"
"home"

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Went here for the first time last week. Situated a couple of minutes walk from the town centre in a quiet street, this is a real local pub. We felt at home as soon as we entered and along with good service and a chat at the bar found a seat. There is a dining room at the back which was quite full and the whole place had an easy atmosphere.

Although we didn't eat here we looked at the menu which catered for all tastes. We are going to try the Sunday roast next time we visit after reading really good reviews.

If you're after a comfortable, friendly, local then this is it.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Read about this place in the local mag so set out to find it last Saturday. Very pleasantly surprised. Feels like a proper local, staff all very friendly, beer well kept an reasonably priced. Decided to wait and have dinner, wow what a treat. Ordered the ham egg and chips, when it arrived there was a generous portion of PROPER chips (ie cut from a potato !), 3 thick slices of ham and two beautifully fried eggs. Waitress "Would you like bread and butter with that" - Me "Oh yes please !". Absolutely delicious, so much so that even though I was full I had to eat to the end ! Congratulations New Crown - I will be back, and will recommend to everyone I know

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Chose The New Crown for my birthday meal out as we know the meals are excellent andit ddidn't disappoint. There were 7 of us and everyone said how much they enjoyed it. We'll definitely keep coming back.

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

I'd heard so many good things about Sunday Roasts at The New Crown so I decided it was time to see what the fuss was about.
On the day if out visit the offering was need, pork, chicken or turkey or If, as my neighbour decided, a bit of everything. The meats were juicy and tender and the vegetables were plentiful. There was a giant home made yorkie and a pile of yummy stuffing.
But I always judge a pub roast by the roast potato. None of your generic Aunt Bessie home roasts. I like a proper home cut, home cooked roast potato. And here, that's just what I got. And lots of them! And lashings of proper gravy.
The restaurant was really busy so this little gem clearly isn't a well kept secret. The price is so reasonable at £7.95. The staff are so massively friendly. I felt absolutely welcome. I can't wait to visit again and bring my parents. Well done everyone at The New Crown. You have a cracking Sunday Roast!!