“Another lovely stay”

Arundel High Street with the Castle
Arundel Castle from the Watermeadows
Access to South Downs National Park
South Downs National Park
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

East Preston, United Kingdom
“Needs better organisation”
Reviewed 12 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

The apartment is in an ideal location and both the building and the area are delightfully peaceful and quiet. It was perfectly adequately furnished for a short break.
Unfortunately our arrival was chaotic. We had agreed an arrival time but the owner was 45 minutes late having forgotten her keys, which seems incredible as the sole purpose of her driving an hour from her home was to meet us and provide access. The electricity meter had not been adequately credited so the owner had to go away, twice, to arrange this. The heating had not been turned on before our arrival and although the radiators heated quickly, the apartment having been vacant for a while was chilly so it took nearly 12 hours to reach a fully comfortable temperature. Due to the nature of our visit we needed internet access which for some reason was not available when we arrived. We appreciate that the problem was out of the owner's control but there was still no internet access when we left 5 days later which was a great inconvenience to us. Suggest the owner needs a local agent to provide access and ensure that everything is fully prepared for guests arrival.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
12 Mar 2017
I am genuinely sorry that your arrival was "chaotic" and that the internet was not working during your stay. Prior to leaving home I had received a phone call from my husband's best friend telling me he had been diagnosed with terminal cancer - I apologise the call was so unexpected as he has never been ill and has been my rock and support since my husband died; In the seven years I have been running Angmering Court this is the first time I have ever been late for a check in or check out. I do have a neighbour who is a key holder and helps me with the day to day maintenance since my husband died, unfortunately he was away last Sunday. The Sky Broadband has worked perfectly for the last 7 years but the week prior to your stay we had high winds and when I arrived to check my guests out on the 2nd of March I found the internet was not working. I reported the problem and was promised it would be rectified by 6th March. Having met with you on 5th March I chased up Sky on 6th March and was informed that it had not been possible to repair the fault from the Exchange and an External Engineer was attending the property on 7th March. That afternoon I received a text saying the fault had been rectified and I contacted you to confirm. Your negative response prompted another call to Sky who informed me that it was the internal phone socket and that the earliest an engineer could call was 1pm on 10th March. I met with the engineer who confirmed that the fault was at the top of the telegraph pole outside the apartment - he could not fix it as it needed a hoist but promised the internet would be back working by 14th March - I will visit to ensure that it is. I left home at 1.15 on 5th March my ETA was 2.15 - your check in time 3pm. Unfortunately almost an hour into my journey I realised I had left the key behind and had to drive 1 hr home and 1hr back. I phoned you at 2.10 to advise of the situation. Had I arrived at 2.15 the heating would have been on and the electricity topped up. The apartment had only been vacant for a few days.
Penrith, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

Management Response
16 Sep 2016
So lovely to see you again and thank you for leaving the apartment spotless. Look forward to welcoming you next year!
Villian56
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
“Ideal Location of High Quality Apartment in a Residential Historic Building”
Reviewed 12 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

This is our 2nd visit to this apartment. We love it here in East Preston. Enjoy the beach, local attractions are within walking or short drive. Ideal place for a "Chill Out" time. Local restaurants in Worthing and Littlehampton provide locally caught seafood. There are vineyards close by. Historic towns of Arundel and Chichester provide an insight into English history. Portsmouth and Brighton are accessible. East Preston dates back to the Domesday Book. Angela is great host and is really appreciative of considerate guests.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Angela takes the care to greet you and when you leave. Location. Local amenities
Liked least: Having to leave East Preston
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
MR1587
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Lovely flat in a great location”
Reviewed 19 October 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Everything was clean and tidy. Owner very helpful. Would recommend this flat. Very near to roads to Worthing and Brighton.

Pauline S
Penrith, United Kingdom
“An enjoyable stay in a lovely apartment”
Reviewed 16 October 2015 for a stay in August 2015

We enjoyed our two week stay at Angmering Court which is well equipped and convenient for the beach, local shops and Angmering train station.

There was enough room for our son and family and daughter to come and stay with us for a few days each which was lovely.

We hope to be able to stay again.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing