“Not good”

Orchid food corner
Ranked #26 of 58 Restaurants in Tanah Rata
Cuisines: Malaysian
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

We went there for dinner as the reviews on TripAdvisor were really good. But (maybe because it’s low season) there were only few stalls open and the food not that good.
The tomyam was plain and not satisfying. The nasi goreng ayam was burned. We wouldn’t recommend the place but maybe it’s just our timing.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

I dared to try the durian flavoured fish. It was simply amazing along with rice chilli saba fish and green curry chicken. In 7 sing dollars I had the best meal of my trip. Super thumbs up!

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

The decor rudimentary even shabby but by the looks of it, frequented by locals, so we stop here for dinner on our first night in Tanah Rata.
Though the menu is difficult to decipher, the waiter is more then willing to help us out. We chose Nasi kandar, nasi goreng and hokien me and a beef dish.
The food comes out fairly quickly and it's gooooood! We also ordered orange juice and carrot juice which were refreshing. The bill totals 30 MR which is cheap for the items and quantity we ordered.
Halal
No Pork
No Alcohol

1  Thank redmirchee
Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

I came to this food stall for dinner since it was across the street from my hostel. The menu was hard for me to decipher, but a helpful waiter helped translate. I ordered chicken fried rice and a tea, which came to only 7 ringgit. Sure, you won't get the nice restaurant atmosphere, but you will get a delicious meal that is perfect for budget travelers!

1  Thank Deirdre M
Reviewed 22 September 2016

It's a foodstall. Not a restaurant. But they do speak English and they are very friendly. Food is tasty and fresh and there are many, many locals during the day for all meals all over the day. That's always a sign for freshness and good quality. You get no beer here, but there is a beer bar on the opposite of the street for an after dinner beer...

1  Thank Isikoelb