“Charen, wonderful host!”

Price range: US$4 - US$12
Description: We specialize in chinese tea ceremony
Description: We specialize in chinese tea ceremony
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed in one of Charen’s new flat for four nights and I can only say good things about my experience! The flat is in a new estate building 10 minutes walk to the main bus terminal. New, clean and spacious, with a supermarket, and few eateries around the corner. Charen was super helpful and accommodating, she made sure I had a quiet and peaceful stay! If you’re looking for a nice and quiet place to stay in Tanah Rata, I’d highly recommend contacting Charen!

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Charen did the tea ceremony and told us a lot of interesting things about it - for example the differences between the teas, the production even how to drink, or better, how to enjoy the differences. We recommend the tea ceremony for a good end of the day.

1  Thank Mille_Berlin
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

We stumbled upon Cha Ren Tea house while looking for a good place to chill and enjoy some tea on a relaxed Sunday afternoon. Totally enjoyed the hospitality of Cha Ren's daughter while she shared some knowledge on tea appreciation with us. Wonderful experience. Would definitely recommend for either English or Mandarin speaking travellers who want to learn tea appreciation.

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

We had our tea ceremony with charen’s daughter. We learnt so many interesting facts about Chinese culture and the teas we tasted. Wonderful conversation and an experience that I would definitely recommend to anyone visiting the area. She was also able to help us with a lot of advice for visiting the area and for when we visit China in future.

2  Thank Lauren C
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

My bro told me of this place and thought to check it out with my dad. Im always in awe of the art of tea. The host, Mr. Shun, is a very humble and pleasant man to talk to. He just loves tea and we spent almost an hour there (to my surprise) learning about it. It was just tea and conversation. It is a simple set up, at a residential area so do not expect a commercial atmosphere. It's really just an insight to how a man enjoys tea (the traditional way) in his household.

He uses the good quality stuff from the tea leaves to the teapot to the water used to boil. We drank the pu er tea and it tasted nice and pleasant. It wasn't bitter at all. Very soothing as we observe the ceremony of him preparing tea for his guests. He sells tea leaves too although he never once suggested us we buy. In fact, we had no clue he was selling it until we asked him because we enjoyed the medicinal tea so much. All in all, it was a wonderful experience, learned a lot and makes me want to have a tea set of my own hehe...