Review Highlights
Rhone Wine Tour with Paul

We are two friends who took a “bucket list” trip of eating, cooking and wine drinking in Lyon and... read more

Reviewed 15 October 2018
Italyin2013
via mobile
As always simply fantastic!

This is about the 5th home wine tasting we have done with Paul, each time with different friends... read more

Reviewed 7 September 2018
rhys2830
Farnham Common, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews southern rhone his knowledge day tour chateauneuf du pape the owner big reds two days no pressure to buy a lot of fun highlight of our trip organic farming thoroughly enjoyable experience excellent tour small producers high quality few years informative tour
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Thank you Paul for a wonderful two days of wine tastings. We appreciate you customizing the tour to meet our travel needs as well as the thought that went into creating a tour that showed us not only a variety of wines but also variety in how the wines are made. We enjoyed all the wine we tasted as well as the wine makers themselves. The restaurants you chose for our lunches and your recommendation for our accommodations at La Capitelle were perfect. It was a pleasure tasting with you.

Date of experience: October 2017
Paul B, Owner at Rhone Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Hi Andrea,

It works both ways - it was a pleasure for me to spend a couple of days with your group. And if you enjoyed the wines, the lunch stops and La Capitelle then that obviously helps!
If you're ever back in the region I'd be delighted to be your guide.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We had an excellent tour of the Southern Rhone Valley with Paul. We were able to visit a variety of wineries and taste many different wines from white to red to rose. Paul is very knowledgeable about the region and their wines. Following our tour, Paul continued to help us by providing many recommendations for restaurants and wineries throughout the region, all of which turned out to be terrific. We will be sure to use Paul's services when visiting the Rhone Valley in the future.

Date of experience: September 2017
Paul B, Owner at Rhone Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Hi Kamren,

Thank you for your generous review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed the day and glad that any tips I passed on worked out. You'd certainly be very welcome if you're ever in the Rhone again.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

We booked 2 days of wine tours with Paul as our guide. It was amazing! I have traveled all over Europe and I have to say this was the best tour I have ever taken. Paul was amazing! So knowledgeable about the area and the wine making process. the tour seemed custom made for us. He had a great relationship with all the winery owners we visited, they all seemed to have respect for his abilities and knowledge. We had just the right amount of time at each one, and hit different types from very small to large. He also went above and beyond to insure we had a choice of good hotels and restaurants for before during and after. I feel like I learned so much while having a lot of fun. I would recommend his tours to anyone who truly wants to experience the real wines of France!

Date of experience: October 2017

Sorry for the delay in responding - it's been a rather busy autumn season.

It's very kind of you to say such nice things. It was a lot of fun for me too. And, of course, spending two days tasting great wines is never a hardship!

Reviewed 6 October 2017

From beginning to end, Paul was informative, professional and well - phenomenal. We spent two days touring six vineyards in the Southern Rhone region. I provided Paul some preferences and requests in advance, which he then took and weaved into a spectacular two days. At times he guided us through the winery and tasting, while at other times he supplemented with his extensive knowledge. He was there every moment to answer any and all questions we had. The lunch spots he picked were also perfect. As far as I am concerned, this is the ONLY wine tour to do in the Rhone region! Oh, and our visit with Thomas - AMAZING!

Date of experience: September 2017
Paul B, Owner at Rhone Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Randy,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It was a pleasure.

Obviously I'm delighted that you enjoyed my part of the proceedings, but equally happy that you enjoyed your lunches and meeting Thomas (as well as all the other winemakers, I hope!).

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed our two day wine tour with Paul. To start with, he was extremely helpful and responsive in the months leading up to the trip, getting back to me on my many questions quickly and staying in contact with me throughout the process. The fact that Paul takes care of all of the travel for the tour, by picking you up in the morning from your hotel, driving between vineyards and lunch spots and then dropping back in the evening - in a clean, comfortable and air-conditioned car - is a great aspect to his service as well.

The wine tour itself was excellent - Paul definitely knows his stuff about wine and the wine making process, and not just specific to the Rhone region either. We visited 6 different wine makers - including one that I had requested specifically that wasn't one he normally visits. This actually turned into an unexpected historical tour around an old monastery which Paul had to translate for us (sorry Paul) - but he happily took the whole thing in his stride despite having never visited the place before.

It's clear to see the strong relationships Paul has with the winemakers in the region - all of which welcomed us to their vineyard and were more than happy to show us around and talk us through their individual and sometimes unique processes - all expertly translated by Paul where necessary. We tasted many different types of wines and learnt a great deal about the things that affect the taste of a wine. We also tried types of wine that we wouldn't have normally thought about, and subsequently discovered new styles of wine that we now love. There was no obligation or pressure from neither Paul or the wine makers to purchase anything, but of course everything is available to buy - we came back with 6 bottles and could have easily bought more had we had the room!

We couldn't have asked for a better introduction to wine-tasting thanks to Paul. If you're looking for an relaxed, informative tour in a beautiful part of southern France, then I can't recommend Paul's Rhone Wine Tours enough.

Date of experience: August 2017
Paul B, Owner at Rhone Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Thanks for such a kind review. It was a pleasure to show you around and I'm delighted that you both found some new wines and new styles to enjoy.