“Pleasant evening with great food.”
Review of The Thai Cafe

The Thai Cafe
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Saltford
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This little café is great, situated in the heart of Saltford village. There is plenty of on road parking close by. The menu has a very large choice of dishes.
My wife & I went for the mixed starters and it was superb, with spring rolls, satay chicken, fish cakes and breaded vegetables. Yum Yum. My main was the snappily titled “Gwiddio lad naped” which was lovely thick noodles with roast duck. Again Yum Yum. Puddings were also very nice. Overall we had a lovely evening with great food, however I think it times for an upgrade on the chairs, as mine was so uncomfortable.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Having recently come back from a holiday in Thailand we were still craving the good stuff so decided to pay our first visit to the Thai Cafe.

Turned out to be a worthwhile decision. There was a warm welcome on our arrival and we were shown to our table and given drinks and food menus and some comp prawn crackers.

The menu is vast so I’d say that there is something for everyone. We chose to share a main course portion of the seafood salad to start and some Chicken Satay skewers. Mains were a chicken jungle curry, a chicken stir fry, a black pepper chicken dish and some sticky rice and noodles. Everything we tasted had all the right notes of lime leaf, lemongrass and holy basil as you would expect, our waiter recommended the jungle curry as we wanted something hot and it didn’t disappoint. All the food was piping hot and packed with flavour. Service remained v friendly and reasonably efficient throughout, I couldn’t help but notice a lot of takeaway orders coming out of the kitchen which slowed things down a little but apart from that we couldn’t fault the experience and look forward to going back soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely experience here a few weekends ago with my wife Absolutely great food and felt more authentic than other Thai restaurants we have previously been to. Will come here again!

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

This is the best Thai restaurant I have ever been to. Proper Thai chefs, cooking your food fresh. They seemed a little rushed off their feet at times but its obviously very popular. Could easily eat here weekly, the flavours in my massaman curry were amazing. Would highly recommend (and I'm quite fussy) haha.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Went camping in Bitton and decided to have a treat for diner. Decided to look up restaurants in Bitton on TripAdvisor to see what was about. This came up as the best restaurant in the area so decided to try as only 15-minute drive from where we were staying. Placed a phone order for collection. The food was ready for our arrival and we also received discount for ordering for take away. Really delicious food. Read a few of the bad reviews that said it is not Thai – obviously, the restaurant is in the south west of England so it is adapted to best suit the pallet of the clientele. Would defiantly eat here again.