“The best holiday yet”

Review of The Blair

The Blair
View from The Blair with patio area in corner of the garden. Cosy double ground floor bedroom.  Bedlinen and curtains would be changed for male guests.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Blair
View from The Blair with patio area in corner of the garden.
The Living room at The Blair with working wood burning stove.
Living room
Kitchen
Kitchen and dining area
Bathroom
Over the bath shower
Two single sofa chairs on landing
Twin upstrairs bedroom cosy room with TV.
Summer House and relaxing hammock with chiminea looking out over beautiful view.  See picture below.
View from The Blair
Shore line at Portgordon 2 miles from The Blair. Look out for the seals who bask every day.
The friendly neighbours -  enquisitive and welcoming!
View up to the hills
Shoreline at Portgordon.  Look out for the seals!
Leafy private lane leading to The Blair
The local Mill House bar and restaurant open to non residents for the nights you dont want to cook.
Last look from The Blair.  Hope to see you again!
The Moray Firth looking over to the Black Isle.
Surrounding The Blair
The Blair, and your neighbours!
Fancy a stroll?
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
“The best holiday yet”
Reviewed 24 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

This is our 5th stay at The Blair and this time we booked a fortnight. We were slightly wary thinking we will have done everything in a week. By the end of the fortnight we didn't want to go back.
As usual the welcome from Maureen and her family was exceptional they always make you feel like part of the family. Also they have a new venture a lovely little antique shop in the square in Cullen which I highly recommend you visit. The wildlife this year was fantastic we saw deer in the fields opposite the cottage as well as an eagle sitting on the pylon near the cottage. There were foxes rabbits pheasants owls and even a shrew. We can't thank Maureen enough for the great facilities and warming welcome can't wait to book next year's holiday it must be another 2 weeks you can never overdo your fantastic scenery and the warmest of welcomes from the Scottish people. Our hearts are definitely in the Highlands.

Lindsey G
“peaceful getaway!”
Reviewed 18 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

A well appointed cottage with all mod cons, but in a really peaceful location with lady cows grazing in the fields. Maureen has provided a home away from home that is restful and comfy. Great beaches, forests and restaurants nearby, so not short of things to do!

28 Jun 2017
Aw thanks folks, I'm so pleased you liked my wee hoosie and that you enjoyed your stay and found plenty to do when you wanted to and yet was able to relax and enjoy watching the girls in the field! Thank you for your custom and maybe see you again at The Blair.
SteveR67D...
durham
“Visit No. 4”
Reviewed 9 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

What can I say about The Blair that I haven't already said?

The moment you drive up the lane to the 'Wee Cottage' you feel like you are home.
This is the fourth time we have been and have already booked up for trip five.

The Blair is the ideal location for visiting the Morayshire area as it is located in the centre of everything, yet is still secluded enough to allow peace and quiet. The only neighbours of note are the cows in the field next to the house, and they only come for a visit now and again.

I have to admit the peace and tranquility of the cottage was broken this time. There was a influx of 'visitors', there was deer, rabbits, a peregrine falcon and a eagle, as well as the cows.
Such a problem I would love to have at home.

The cottage has had new windows fitted and Maureen has had a outbuilding (shed is not doing it justice) built near the back door so hikers can leave their wet clothes outside to dry, or you could put your bikes under cover while you were not using them. I good idea to keep everything safe and dry.

As I said, trip four completed, trip five booked, I am hoping that when you get to ten you get a free week (joking Maureen)

Counting down the weeks to the next visit 'home' to The Blair

9 May 2017
Thank you so much for your lovely comments. It's always a pleasure to see you at The Blair and I'm delighted you love it as much as I do. The wild life is such a bonus isn't it. Glad my new windows and outhouse meet your approval ha ha. I'll have to see what I can think up for the tenth visit!! See you again soon.
“Another fantastic stay”
Reviewed 9 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We have just spent another idyllic week at The Blair. This beautiful little cottage is nestled in the countryside and is a great little getaway. There is lots of wildlife to see and this has been the best yet for spotting wildlife including a peregrine falcon sitting on the fence. There were deer, badgers, and a red squirrel as well as the most beautiful eagle. I couldn't believe it I had carried my camera everywhere and as we were only popping to Keith for some fuel didn't take it and there was this gorgeous eagle so folks keep a camera with you at all times. The cottage has everything you could possibly need as well as the little extras Maureen the owner always leaves and a special thanks for the birthday cake for Steves 50th and the balloons it was a lovely surprise. Maureen always goes out of her way to make sure we have a lovely time we already have trip number 5 booked and can't wait to be back. The Blair really is a home from home.
Thanks again Maureen see you in September.

9 May 2017
Oh didn't you do well with seeing all the wild life. Shame about not having the camera! It's always a pleasure to have you and your lovely little doggies to stay at The Blair. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay again and enjoyed celebrating the all important birthday! See you soon.
Durham, United Kingdom
“Idyllic stay at the Blair”
Reviewed 24 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

This is our 3rd stay at the Blair and as usual it was excellent.Maureen is a wonderful host caring and helpful.The cottage has everything you could possibly need and on cold nights it's toasty and warm.We had a lovely trip to John o groats and we saw a whale as well as lots of other wildlife.We have stayed in several other cottages but must say the Blair is by far the best.Just looking forward to trip number 4.
Thanks again Maureen see you soon
Jan,Steve and our 4 furry friends.

25 Nov 2016
Aw it was great to see you all (including your 4 wee furry friends) again at The Blair and I'm delighted that you had a lovely time. Your lovely wee doggies make me smile when I think of them! I look forward to seeing you again at The Blair and am delighted that you feel so at home there.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing