All reviews service station service area travel lodge convenient location room was clean overnight stop easy access basic hotel room key good nights sleep plenty of parking tea and coffee good size comfortable stay reception staff newbury greggs
Reviewed 9 October 2018

We had been to Legoland Windsor for the day, as we live in Manchester we thought best to have an overnight stay in a hotel on way home. The break was planned months before and I booked this hotel months ago. The receptionist was nice, but as soon as I walked to the room I thought how grubby the hotel was. They hadn't finished cleaning the rooms, so the hall way was FULL of dirty laundry and mugs etc. I went into our room, the smell got me straight away, there was mould on the bathroom ceiling and when I went to the window, there was no net curtain and at least two dead spiders hanging there. The receptionist then showed me two others rooms, generally grubby, dirty and smelly. In the last room I needed to wash my hands as just felt grubby. I felt sorry for the receptionist, he seemed to understand the standards were too low for anyone to want to stay. The receptionist offered a refund, which I obviously took. Before I left I asked to use the bathroom by reception. I walked in and walked out again, dirty and no toilet roll. We went to the services instead. After a day at a theme park we had to drive home. So after a long day we had to drive 200 miles, all because Travelodge can't maintain a nice hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Travelalot2328
TravelodgeUK, Charley from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Newbury Chieveley M4, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our Newbury Chieveley M4 Hotel.

We would like to apologise for the issues experienced during your stay and would kindly request that you contact our customer services team with a link to your review via the contact us section of our website.

Thank you again for submitting your review.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

An easy place to find, handy for Newbury Showground. Receptionist helpful with directions and took photocopies for us to find the showground. Hotel clean and tidy. Great idea with discount at the restaurants.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2018

there is always a friendly receptionist and a welcoming room when we arrive, the staff are very helpful, and try there best to make your stay as pleasant as possible. the rooms are always comfy with excellent tea and coffee making facilities. there are always clean towels so you can have a bathe or shower then relax and watch the T V

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2018

For the third year in a row I stayed at this hotel to attend an event at the near-by Newbury Showground. On arrival and for the second year in a row I asked for my reservation and was told there was TWO rooms in my name, the second year in a row that this has happened! The extra room couldn`t be cancelled and the information given to claim any money back was very limited. Great shame as the hotel is good value for money and ideal for the showground.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

I stayed here whilst working at the show. Upon arrival I got allocated a twin room which the guy on reception at 11pm was more happy than happy to change to a family room for me which was great.
Whilst I appreciate this place is at a service station and probably doesn’t get many return visitors it doesn’t excuse it being filthy.
The bathroom was truly disgusting and I felt even dirtier just walking in there. Would definitely not stay here again!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
TravelodgeUK, Charley from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Newbury Chieveley M4, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our Newbury Chieveley M4 Hotel.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we would like to apologise that your room was not cleaned to our usual high standard.

We will be sure to pass your valuable comments to the hotel to ensure that the service we provide improves.

May we thank you again for your feedback and hope you stay with us soon.