Polochar Inn(Lochboisdale)
US$419
  • Restaurant
US$510
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssouth uistbusiness triphotel barno hesitationstayed for two nightsyogurtbarbarawashingfishinghebrideanharrisferrybarra
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Hotel on south uist. We stayed one night. We shared a twin room that was clean and nice with a nice view over the surrounding rural landscape. We had sunny weather and took a walk among green fields, lots of flowers and lark singing. Dogs, friendly, running in the fields, showing us intense attention. A serious problem with one of the beds was that it made a lot of noise which made sleeping difficult. This was room 17. Staff very friendly and helpful. Food was rather tasteless and there is room for improvement. Overall we liked it there.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2018

Called here on 13 th June and ordered an evening meal.I waited and waited and waited and 50 mins later I asked about my meal .The barmaid knew I ordered from their specials board but had no idea what had happened.There were about 14 others in the place so it was NOT busy.She said she would find out what had happened to my meal but I told not to bother.Not so much as a hint of an apology for not getting any food.Pretty pathetic .

Room Tip: This was only an order for a meal
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Borrodale444, Manager at Borrodale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to hear you had a wait for your food, although the area you were sat in had just 14 other guests, our dinning room was full so it was quite a busy time in the evening. You should of been advised of a possible wait so we apologise for that. However the barmaid you are referring to did compliment your drinks to apologise for the delay so I believe a bit more than a hint of an apology was offered.

I understand your frustration on the delay, although we would of liked the opportunity to make that up to you had you waited for a response from the kitchen.

We hope to have the opportunity again in future.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

A largish hotel but it didn't seem to have many guests on the 2 nights we stayed although that was probably right at the start of the new season. Very pleasant staff in all areas - Reception, Bar and Dinner. We had a comfortable Twin room that would have been better if larger. Having said that the room contained a couple of squeezed in armchairs, writing desk, hanging space, drawers and bedside table. The furniture looked of good quality. En-suite with a shower over the bath. Breakfast was fine with hot food choices, cereals, yoghurt, juice etc. Meal on night 1 was ok but night 2 was a lot better with a very nice Steak and Guinness Pie (the meat was excellent). A slight issue with the accompaniments. Asked for chips, got new potatoes. Mentioned this to the server who dealt with the matter promptly and politely and I got both!. Good job a long walk next day to help burn it off! If in the area in the future I'd have no hesitation in staying again. Oh, and if you want to catch the local bus it stops just outside.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2018

You can,t miss this place for good eating and cool drinks.
Very friendly Staff and a lot of different rooms.
You can stay for lunch inside or outside. We prefer
Outdoor by 26 decrease.
Dieter (64) from Germany

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2018

Been staying in Borrodale for over a year, back and forward. Never a hassle for our needy ways. Helpful staff, great food. Busy little bar at weekend and the locals are all spot on.

Highly recommended.